Should atheist be allowed to return to Somalia?

Should atheist be allowed to return to Somalia?

• Yes

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Im curious too see your opinions on this matter.

I think they shouldnt heres why Islamic culture is part of Somali identity you can call yourself a Somali But to the rest youre just a gaal and thats a fact

Mercury

VIP
So...
If we're gaal what does that have to do with you???:drakewtf:
Are you so insecure about your faith???:mjlol:
Are you scared of us atheists :drakelaugh:

Scared of what?

Im just looking at the bigger picture religion is a big thing back home wether you like it or not Im just saying It is best they not return to an overwhelming Muslim society whose culture and custom they openly rejected

An athiest would become an outcast similar to a leper.

Athiesim is unpopulare in theistic nations.

Americans and Canadians distrust atheists as much as rapists

On December 10, 2011, USA Today reported in a story entitled Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists:

“ The study, conducted among 350 Americans adults and 420 Canadian college students, asked participants to decide if a fictional driver damaged a parked car and left the scene, then found a wallet and took the money, was the driver more likely to be a teacher, an atheist teacher, or a rapist teacher?
The participants, who were from religious and nonreligious backgrounds, most often chose the atheist teacher.

The study is part of an attempt to understand what needs religion fulfills in people. Among the conclusions is a sense of trust in others.

"People find atheists very suspect," Shariff said. "They don't fear God so we should distrust them; they do not have the same moral obligations of others. This is a common refrain against atheists. People fear them as a group.

Moot conversation. There are atheists already in Somalia, born there and who've never left. What are you going to do, deport them? There will be more of them and their voices will only get louder. Train's already left the station. Choo Choo!

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
This is fucking bullshit.

Jews were allowed to live in Medina while there was a Caliphate. Just because we are an Islamic entity doesn't mean we forego our brothers.

This makes the situation worse as Muslims sitting on the fence of gaalniimo will be alienated and we will lose valuable people.

I'm sure those atheist Somalis wouldn't care if you barred them from entering one of the most poorest and lawless countries in the world. From Borama to Kismayo, miserable place.

In fact, tens of thousands of Sunni Somalis risk their lives every year in the dangerous high seas to live with the atheist Somalis in the West. They know their chances of drowning is 50/50 but they still do it.

I think the question should be: Should Sunni Somalis be barred from the West?

I voted no in your poll you set up. Its best if Somali atheists stay in the West. Atheist Somalis tend to be smarter and useful to Western society than Sunni Somalis. The successful and established Somalis in the West are the godless Somalis; we need them in the West. Atheist Somalis shouldn't return and help ungrateful Sunni Somalis who need international aid to feed themselves and to pave a road. We need them here.

maestro

Cultural revolution
There were Atheists and non believers during the Siad Barre communist era. It wouldn't be the first time there were atheists in Somalia.

Mercury

VIP
This is fucking bullshit.

Jews were allowed to live in Medina while there was a Caliphate. Just because we are an Islamic entity doesn't mean we forego our brothers.

This makes the situation worse as Muslims sitting on the fence of gaalniimo will be alienated and we will lose valuable people.

So if you had the likes of Ayan hersi you would support her is what youre saying

I'm sure those atheist Somalis wouldn't care if you barred them from entering one of the most poorest and lawless countries in the world. From Borama to Kismayo, miserable place.

In fact, tens of thousands of Sunni Somalis risk their lives every year in the dangerous high seas to live with the atheist Somalis in the West. They know their chances of drowning is 50/50 but they still do it.

I think the question should be: Should Sunni Somalis be barred from the West?

I voted no in your poll you set up. Its best if Somali atheists stay in the West. Atheist Somalis tend to be smarter and useful to Western society than Sunni Somalis. The successful and established Somalis in the West are the godless Somalis; we need them in the West. Atheist Somalis shouldn't return and help poor Sunni Somalis who need international aid to feed themselves

Somali's were never religious.

I have seen countless photos of my friends parents almost nobody wore Hijabs.

Our problem is identity and being someone we aren't. Absorbing this "Arabian Branding", is the single biggest
threat to Somali Culture.

If you miss 3 jummah prayers; which I have countless times makes you a non-muslim immediately.

The poorest Somali's are mentally disenfranchised; from culture and contribution.

If someone can be "Athiest and Qabilist" and seek government jobs; the country will need to start doing lie detector test. lool

Our problem is identity and being someone we aren't. Absorbing this "Arabian Branding", is the single biggest

If you miss 3 jummah prayers; which I have countless times makes you a non-muslim immediately.

The poorest Somali's are mentally disenfranchised; from culture and contribution.

If someone can be "Athiest and Qabilist" and seek government jobs; the country will need to start doing lie detector test. lool

You're definently right about them not being religious.

I saw a Al Jazeera video a few years ago and Mohamed Addow was in a small town in central Somalia that was occupied by Al Shabab. Al Shabab asked some business owner why he was not in the masjid like everyone else even after they made the call to prayer. The guy looked annoyed and rolled his eyes 180 and was very hesitant to go to the masjid. He may have not been an atheist but he definently didn't want to pray.

I repeat: it was in a small town.

I've been to Somalia a few times and have spent alot of time with the locals outside of my family and it gave me the full picture. Very few of them pray, especially the geeljires. If I was in the house the entire time, I would have thought the locals were religious.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
So if you had the likes of Ayan hersi you would support her is what youre saying

That is where I draw the line. She is a bigot, she has thrown away her Somali identity so why would I want her to be a part of our nation.
Maybe in the future when she behaves herself.

You're definently right about them not being religious.

I saw a Al Jazeera video a few years ago and Mohamed Addow was in a small town in central Somalia that was occupied by Al Shabab. Al Shabab asked some business owner why he was not in the masjid like everyone else even after they made the call to prayer. The guy looked annoyed and rolled his eyes 180 and was very hesitant to go to the masjid. He may have not been an atheist but he definently didn't want to pray.

I repeat: it was in a small town.

I've been to Somalia a few times and have spent alot of time with the locals outside of my family and it gave me the full picture. None of them pray, especially the geeljires.

The most noble man in Somalia is the geeljire. Before Khat, even if a geeljire didn't pray 5times; they would be noble.

A geeljire who didn't drink, chew khaat or make salat was the quintessential Somali.

Be good to your people, be good to your land and that's all that matters.

Moot conversation. There are atheists already in Somalia, born there and who've never left. What are you going to do, deport them? There will be more of them and their voices will only get louder. Train's already left the station. Choo Choo!

Well of course there are Atheists in every corner of the globe, even in the tiny villages of Somalia.

We've witnessed large numbers of Atheists in our country during the 1970's and 1980's, but most of the Somali Atheists were students who adopted their views after studying in the Soviet Union and adopting Soviet-style thinking.

Most of these Somalis re-entered the fold of Islam once they were older and more mature. They realized that Atheism is a stupid and hollow line-of-thinking that is unable to address even life's most basic problems.

Even if Somalia holds large numbers of Atheists, this shouldn't matter as every person is accountable only for his own actions.

When you're standing in front of Allah, ain't nobody gonna stand between you my nigga. That's your problem not ours.

1. You're looking at photos of Somalis during the 1970's, which was just one small era in the long history of Somalia.

2. Arabism has nothing to do with practicing Islam. The last thing I'd want to see is Somalis adopting Arabian clothing or customs as their own.

3. You missing Jummah prayer is between you and God.....and trust me saaxib, nobody gives a f*ck whether you pray or not.

Mercury

VIP
Good to see more people realising what this guy is

Alx I know what I am you on the other hand

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending