School

Sol

?
Depends on the scope, how many classes? How many subjects will be taught? Location, equipment, salaries etc etc all will have influence the cost

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Small meaning a couple hundred students? 10 classes?

Would cost around $30-50/sq ft so the school construction would cost 150-250,000 for a minimal school and probably close to half a million if you want to add a couple more facilities and space.

This doesn't include the cost to operate it and pension liabilities if those exist.

Average private school teacher salary in Somalia is around $200-300/month :susp: . (Pulling these numbers out of thin air)

Grand compared to their living expenses but don't expect the best.

Quality senior admin would probably need around the same but teachers could take on extra responsibilities.

Don't expect the local government to chip in or the local mayor would insist his unqualified relatives should gain the teaching posts...

All in all expect to pay 40k+ a year to operate it.

100 students paying $10/month would barely cover 1/3 of your bills.

We thank you for your generosity.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
A friend of mine from Galmudug has a construction and architecture company based in Galmudug at the moment, he's worked on various projects in Cadaado as well as Beledweyne and Mogadishu, he has an extensive Portfolio. Email him at info@aqalsamo.com

He he has a large team consisting of Turks, Eastern Europeans and Somalis, so I'm sure he will be able to provide you with a quotation and estimation provided you provided with all the technicalities.

Small meaning a couple hundred students? 10 classes?

Would cost around $30-50/sq ft so the school construction would cost 150-250,000 for a minimal school and probably close to half a million if you want to add a couple more facilities and space.

This doesn't include the cost to operate it and pension liabilities if those exist.

Average private school teacher salary in Somalia is around $200-300/month :susp: . (Pulling these numbers out of thin air)

Grand compared to their living expenses but don't expect the best.

Quality senior admin would probably need around the same but teachers could take on extra responsibilities.

Don't expect the local government to chip in or the local mayor would insist his unqualified relatives should gain the teaching posts...

All in all expect to pay 40k+ a year to operate it.

100 students paying $10/month would barely cover 1/3 of your bills.

We thank you for your generosity.
Small as teaching basic math and reading skills, I won't be charging the kids since I want the school to be for orphans.
So about 1500 sq ft build with a classroom and a cafeteria.

For the teachers just two are needed, which inshallah well be me and my fiance.

And for the local government I have uncles who are in leadership positions so they might help.

A friend of mine from Galmudug has a construction and architecture company based in Galmudug at the moment, he's worked on various projects in Cadaado as well as Beledweyne and Mogadishu, he has an extensive Portfolio. Email him at info@aqalsamo.com

He he has a large team consisting of Turks, Eastern Europeans and Somalis, so I'm sure he will be able to provide you with a quotation and estimation provided you provided with all the technicalities.
Does he have a website or social media page??

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Small as teaching basic math and reading skills, I won't be charging the kids since I want the school to be for orphans.
So about 1500 sq ft build with a classroom and a cafeteria.

For the teachers just two are needed, which inshallah well be me and my fiance.

And for the local government I have uncles who are in leadership positions so they might help.

You could probably build something for cheap around 30-75k.

If you ask around you could probably get halal private financing for a 30% down payment and a 15 year term.

Might come to around $450/month in mortgage payments with fees..

Inshallah when we get a proper government they might even buy it off you so it could be a worthwhile investment.

- Do you need a license or government issued papers to build the school?
- Are teacher are required to be licensed to teach?
- Are there country curriculums that you have to abide by?
- Do you have to separate classrooms by genders?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

Trending

Latest posts