Regarding the constitution

Recently Farmaajo, Sharif and 70+ MP's have protested the presidents attempts to create a two party system instead of a multi party one.

What are the legal procedures that the president will have to undertake if he wants these changes to be implemented?

Is this the only dispute? If not what are the others about?

Also how come it has taken over a decade to finish the constitution?

cow

VIP
I think it is very clear. Ulusow can push a fake constitution through the parliament. But the end result will be no one other then ulusow will actually view it as law of the land.

Thus somalia as we know it today will completely fracture. It will be end.

Two party system isn’t necessarily that bad. The issue with a multi party system is I don’t trust these politicians to not create their own qabil parties basically reverting the state to 4.5 again

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Two party system isn’t necessarily that bad. The issue with a multi party system is I don’t trust these politicians to not create their own qabil parties basically reverting the state to 4.5 again
Qabil parties are good. Laangaabs will not be able to hide, and laandheers will be able to speak frankly to one another and reach a modus vivendi.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Recently Farmaajo, Sharif and 70+ MP's have protested the presidents attempts to create a two party system instead of a multi party one.

What are the legal procedures that the president will have to undertake if he wants these changes to be implemented?

Is this the only dispute? If not what are the others about?

Also how come it has taken over a decade to finish the constitution?
They also have issues with the attempt to abolish the PM position. Personally I think PM should stay and multi parties can work only if there is legislation to prevent parties being made up of one qabil. Otherwise 2 party system based on economic ideology is the key.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Clans should not matter when we switch to 1p1v. Competence above all
It's a shame people don't see it that way. We're talking about men who have made a living purely on their clan connections and not their skills. It's no wonder 1m1v and constitution reform has been stalling for so long.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
It's a shame people don't see it that way. We're talking about men who have made a living purely on their clan connections and not their skills. It's no wonder 1m1v and constitution reform has been stalling for so long.
Wlhi these idiots would solely vote for their corrupt incompetent clansmen than someone who would take our country forward.

What makes it even more sad is that it is a viewpoint of Somalis educated in the West.

We need to do better when we move to 1p1v

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Its a good thing for the development of democracy. Multiparty would end of being qabil nonsense.

Trending

Latest posts