Reality of Somaliland after 32 years

Sameroon may have a point here. If I was them I would take over Zeila port by force, it's rediciles why Ciise with so many ports in Djibouti occupies Awdal's main port Zeila un unexaptable from a Sameroon point of view.

Sameroon may have a point here. If I was then I would take over Zeila port by force, it's rediciles why Ciise with so many ports in Djibouti occupies Awdal's main port Zeila un unexaptable from a Sameroon point of view.
We are in charge of the security apparatus of Saylac. Yusuf Imaan is the merciless Samaroon military commander of Saylac who has Ciise in a headlock.

We can takeover Saylac completey if we wanted to, but there isn't any reason to at the moment. We are in control of the customs from Lawyacado and the little business in the town. The people that use the eroded Saylac port are Samaroon fishermen and the 'navy' led by a Samaroon commander.

2020-12-13-05-44-00-7755-1607838240 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
I'm just stating the facts, don't get emotional. I don't care for positions in Xamar, either. My interests are rooted in my clan's land and its development. Come up with something else.
What are the diaspora plans for Awdal, it seems like there's disconnect with reerka for anything to happen on the ground you need a heshis with all Samaroon accross Awdal and even in Ethiopia and Djibouti.

I recently seen a video of some SL politician or garyaqaan saying the diaspora have SL neceb, Beesha SL seem invested in Reer Ottawa's shir and have called them out on qabyalad spin necebnimo when all they were discussing is the political and economic development of Awdal.

Awdalite

Araabi
We are in charge of the security apparatus of Saylac. Yusuf Imaan is the merciless Samaroon military commander of Saylac who has Ciise in a headlock.

We can takeover Saylac completey if we wanted to, but there isn't any reason to at the moment. We are in control of the customs from Lawyacado and the little business in the town. The people that use the eroded Saylac port are Samaroon fishermen and the 'navy' led by a Samaroon commander.

View attachment 296719

Also add to that the the commander of the Somaliland coastal forces in Awdal who controls the security apparatus of Lawyacado, Saylac and Lughaya, supreme commander taliye Colhaye who is Bahabar Celi Samaroon. His SL militia controls the entire coastal area.

download.jpeg.jpg

Forget rearrangement of the power sharing system. Somaliland has to be willing to massive reform of the entire project or else it'll be futile.

There's already been new proposals to reform the power sharing system to increase our stake but it won't happen. It's all just a sham.
Massive reforms is what we all want but its seems impossible with the current leading elites but I am sure they will do some reforms of the power sharing in favor of reer awdal this time, as I've seen alot of MP's supporting the proposal.

But one thing worth noting is that if samarone would've voted as a block for one part and leverage that with their own interests they wouldve been eating nice by today, but the problem is the samaron subclans contesting each other over a lower positions, even in last election for the speaker, the opposition put up 34 and asked MP from awdal to add their votes so that cali hamud will be the next speaker, but the awdal MP's rejected and voted for faratoon

Awdalite

Araabi
You call it sland militia :dead:

War qaranka maad cayaarta ka daysaan

It's actually SL forces, you're right. But the only reason why I mentioned militia was because the forces under his control are mainly from his own subclan.

Btw, I'm not a Somalia Mogadishu fan. I'd rather be part of Somaliland anyday than go back to Mogadishu, just to make my views clear.

It's actually SL forces, you're right. But the only reason why I mentioned militia was because the forces under his control are mainly from his own subclan.

Btw, I'm not a Somalia Mogadishu fan. I'd rather be part of Somaliland anyday than go back to Mogadishu, just to make my views clear.
Being a separate state under FGS would provide far more autonomy for locals.What benefits do you see in being with SL rather than being a standalone maamul like PL or SWS?
Is your main concern leaving SL causing war?

What are the diaspora plans for Awdal, it seems like there's disconnect with reerka for anything to happen on the ground you need a heshis with all Samaroon accross Awdal and even in Ethiopia and Djibouti.

I recently seen a video of some SL politician or garyaqaan saying the diaspora have SL neceb, Beesha SL seem invested in Reer Ottawa's shir and have called them out on qabyalad spin necebnimo when all they were discussing is the political and economic development of Awdal.
The proposal by the diaspora is gaining rapid traction. They haven't even landed on the ground but have people backing behind it from every subclan wherever they are.

They can spin it however they want. They even got onto Ahmed Samatar who went to North American diaspora and he told Jeegaan "Tolkay inaan la kulmo cidna ugama fasax qaadanayo, qofkii ka xuna isagaa cudur kale qaba."

Also add to that the the commander of the Somaliland coastal forces in Awdal who controls the security apparatus of Lawyacado, Saylac and Lughaya, supreme commander taliye Colhaye who is Bahabar Celi Samaroon. His SL militia controls the entire coastal area.

View attachment 296745
Colhaye is the supreme commander of the so called Navy on the western coast
FB_IMG_1696254921609.jpg

Ok get it ugaas, people in awdal and the rest of sland are actually inseparable but the professional crooks in politics are trying to create an imaginary rift among clans to abolish any possible accountability anď transparency

But the good thing is that we can atleast have the chance to choose those to lead.

With the new proposal of reer awdal MP we expect additional budget allocation for awdal so together with the possiblity that reer awdal might choose a better local counsillors based on their loyalty and dedication to serve for their own community rather than his own subclan, awdal will be thriving well

Hargeisa Council was arguably the most corrupt institution among all the public institutions with a barely nothing being done for a decades but now with the new council their is a new projects almost every where in the city, so atleast with just a good mayor, our towns could achieve alot.

Massive reforms is what we all want but its seems impossible with the current leading elites but I am sure they will do some reforms of the power sharing in favor of reer awdal this time, as I've seen alot of MP's supporting the proposal.

But one thing worth noting is that if samarone would've voted as a block for one part and leverage that with their own interests they wouldve been eating nice by today, but the problem is the samaron subclans contesting each other over a lower positions, even in last election for the speaker, the opposition put up 34 and asked MP from awdal to add their votes so that cali hamud will be the next speaker, but the awdal MP's rejected and voted for faratoon
I doubt it'll happen, it's a sham. But Somaliland is at its lowest point, and if it does happen, then it's a last minute resort to appeasement. Samaroon went to Siilanyo with a 29 page power sharing module, and it got rejected. That about tells you everything.

Yeah, and how was that supposed to happen when the division that's sowed between us is partially due to Villa Hargeisa? Anyway, I don't care about these fickle politicians. I want to see development in my region, not support another fickle politician who gets on a payroll and goes rogue.

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
Ok get it ugaas, people in awdal and the rest of sland are actually inseparable but the professional crooks in politics are trying to create an imaginary rift among clans to abolish any possible accountability anď transparency

But the good thing is that we can atleast have the chance to choose those to lead.

With the new proposal of reer awdal MP we expect additional budget allocation for awdal so together with the possiblity that reer awdal might choose a better local counsillors based on their loyalty and dedication to serve for their own community rather than his own subclan, awdal will be thriving well

Hargeisa Council was arguably the most corrupt institution among all the public institutions with a barely nothing being done for a decades but now with the new council their is a new projects almost every where in the city, so atleast with just a good mayor, our towns could achieve alot.

I think for SL to get back to healing itself from all this turmoil they'll have to get rid of Biixi. At this point it doesn't matter who takes the helm so long as he isn't old or has a military background. They make the worst types of dictators. Any time you have someone living in the past you can never truly move forward. Silanyo was the last statesman, he shouldn't have endorsed Biixi which was a disaster. If Mooge becomes President that would represent a big shift however rumours say he has now secretly joined Kulmiye. But either way anyone is better than Biixi at this point.

I doubt it'll happen, it's a sham. But Somaliland is at its lowest point, and if it does happen, then it's a last minute resort to appeasement. Samaroon went to Siilanyo with a 29 page power sharing module, and it got rejected. That about tells you everything.

Yeah, and how was that supposed to happen when the division that's sowed between us is partially due to Villa Hargeisa? Anyway, I don't care about these fickle politicians. I want to see development in my region, not support another fickle politician who gets on a payroll and goes rogue.
You are right, sland never went this low, but the current MP's were on mission to abolish the xeer 14 that gives economic advantage to some areas over others and some of them were even campaigning to reasses the power sharing but it was actually the central government that was putting undue pressure to the parlaiment so that this things will go on unchanged.

But with current tensions they are forced to accept whatever considered necessary to sustain the stability and the very existence of the state and the oppostion party is on a nationwide campaign to bring the community closer, so they themselves are pushing for the proposal to be passed on time

So unless Muse bihi and his clique jeopardise the process, multifaceted reforms are inevitable

I think for SL to get back to healing itself from all this turmoil they'll have to get rid of Biixi. At this point it doesn't matter who takes the helm so long as he isn't old or has a military background. They make the worst types of dictators. Any time you have someone living in the past you can never truly move forward. Silanyo was the last statesman, he shouldn't have endorsed Biixi which was a disaster. If Mooge becomes President that would represent a big shift however rumours say he has now secretly joined Kulmiye. But either way anyone is better than Biixi at this point.
This should the last president witha military background for the sake of the country

I bet they will continue plunderung public assests and create as much conflicts as possible but the fate of sland will be decisively determined by the coming election. Lets just hope the best

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I saw many ppl the type of the guy with sunglasses. They called out Somaliland as the delusion it is, in terms of being a sovereign state with its recognised passport and embassies and the lack of progress and corruption. They were pointing out these things since Silaniyo term. Probably lost their mind after experiencing Biixi.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Netflix Lol GIF by Blown Away

Concern yourself with the lack of a port in Awdal. And what that meant in terms of loss of revenue. Villa Somalia did nothing for you. However, they didn't sabotage you. Nor do they benefit or receive a disincentive directly from your development. It would be best if you moved beyond this SL v.s. Somalia dichotomy and embrace a more regionally focused approach. One where your tax money goes to you, not toward funding failed efforts against Sool. Your stance should be balanced and not misguided. Let's move beyond the vilification of one or the other. And focus on ourselves.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts