Quasithanatology.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I didn't say if the Jamaican vacation was 'real' or not. What I'm saying is that there is something it is like to be in the dream. You see the beach, an experience. You see the water, an experience. Maybe the sound of wind, another experience.

There is something it is like to be dreaming that dream. Just like there is something it is like to be you right now.

Good point. Yes we as humans are shaped by experiences. True. Even if we dont have experiences we copy others experiences and it becomes a dirty cycle.

But how do you jump to this is world is not physical when u can touch the earth, the tree, your inebriated cute round face- how?

But how do you jump to this is world is not physical when u can touch the earth, the tree, your inebriated cute round face- how?

So, I just was trying to convince you that you are stuck in a world of perceptual experiences (consciousness) rather than what is known as the physical world.

This fact alone does not establish that there can not be a physical world that generates the consciousness experiences.

In this hypothesis known as physicalism or materialism, the world you see is fully accounted for by the entities described in modern physics: atoms, particles, fields, waves, etc. The neuronal networks in the brain, under this hypothesis, fire according to special dynamics and consciousness is produced.

That is the physical or material hypothesis of the world: there is an abstract world with its own independent existence outside of both of our perceptions, and the abstract brain (also composed of fundamental physical entities) fires according to complex dynamics as to generate consciousness:

hard_problem_of_consciousness.png

This story has one issue: It can't explain consciousness, which is the only thing you can know for certain exists. This is known as the Hard Problem of Consciousness in philosophy of mind. In fact, this hypothesis can't account for a single conscious experience to date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness

How does physicalism account for the taste of chocolate? No answer. How about the feeling
of a stomach ache? It has nothing to say. How about the experience of the color blue? It can't account for it.

Physicalism - for the last 100 years - has not accounted for a single conscious experience. This is a remarkable failure. It is has to do with the fact that abstractions have nothing to do with experiences; there is a fundamental gap between something that is not a consciousness experience and conscious experiences.

In a sense, particles, fields, waves, etc (all the entities proposed in modern physics) are abstractions that have nothing to do with experiences. So when we try to explain consciousness in terms of these abstractions, we inevitably fail.

It is like trying to pull the landscape from a map of the landscape. You'd look insane trying to do that, but when it comes to physicalism, this is somehow acceptable, rigorous discourse.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So, I just was trying to convince you that you are stuck in a world of perceptual experiences (consciousness) rather than what is known as the physical world.

This fact alone does not establish that there can not be a physical world that generates the consciousness experiences.

In this hypothesis known as physicalism or materialism, the world you see is fully accounted for by the entities described in modern physics: atoms, particles, fields, waves, etc. The neuronal networks in the brain, under this hypothesis, fire according to special dynamics and consciousness is produced.

That is the physical or material hypothesis of the world: there is an abstract world with its own independent existence outside of both of our perceptions, and the abstract brain (also composed of fundamental physical entities) fires according to complex dynamics as to generate consciousness.

This story has one issue: It can't explain consciousness, which is the only thing you can know for certain exists. This is known as the Hard Problem of Consciousness in philosophy of mind. In fact, this hypothesis can't account for a single conscious experience to date.

How does physicalism account for the taste of chocolate? No answer. How about the feeling
of a stomach ache? It has nothing to say. How about the experience of the color blue? It can't account for it.

Physicalism - for the last 100 years - has not accounted for a single conscious experience. This is a remarkable failure. It is has to do with the fact that abstractions have nothing to do with experiences; there is a fundamental gap between something that is not a consciousness experience and conscious experiences.

It is like trying to pull the landscape from a map of the landscape. You'd look insane trying to do that, but when it comes to physicalism, this is somehow acceptable, rigorous discourse.

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

That is the physical or material hypothesis of the world: there is an abstract world with its own independent existence outside of both of our perceptions, and the abstract brain (also composed of fundamental physical entities) fires according to complex dynamics as to generate consciousness:

View attachment 310919

In a sense, particles, fields, waves, etc (all the entities proposed in modern physics) are abstractions that have nothing to do with experiences. So when we try to explain consciousness in terms of these abstractions, we inevitably fail.

You lost me walal.

Does this theory explaine why people experience the supernatural world ?

You lost me walal.

Does this theory explaine why people experience the supernatural world ?

If the world is non physical, as I've argued, that does open the possibility for what people call anomalous events: UAP, NDE, etc. In a non-physical world, one can not as easily a priori dismiss the possibility of, for example, a near death experience.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Guys, I called it!

Remember how I made a thread about having an out of body experience?. One of my top podcasts, Ologies with Alie Ward, addressed this phenomenon from a scientific perspective.

Between the UFO scientist interview (thanks for sharing @NidarNidar ) and this podcast episode, my 2024 is on an exciting streak!!

Wow your tapped into your super conscious awareness and experiences while asleep I assume, most ppl only have super conscious awareness thru dreams and nightmares and usual 3D reality conscious when awake and sub conscious state when they do things naturally like a robot without even knowing or thinking like driving a car or showering or how they make their bed, their not very mindful those ppl even while in reality.

But please note the superconscious state isn't only in dreams and nightmares that's for neurotypical lol, it can happen while ppl are awake and experiencing a dream or nightmare state while fully awake kinda like how neurotypical can wake up from it but not neurodiverse unfortunately well some do learn to come back to reality and multi task their sub conscious, conscious, super conscious allocating times of the day for each and outlets like art, movies, books, journals, poetry, music, sports, religion as they have unleashed it somewhere without living in denial of if their mad or sane recycling drama living in and out of hospitals for all their lives, suicide, drug addiction, isolation, homelessness, violence cause they know what they experienced was real yet ppl tell them it wasn't and their heart is lost to either believe what ppl tell them or they start to soul search and learn to live with it and turn it into a gift in some field their interested in.

f*ck western institutions of imprisoning and drugging ppl up and not accepting mental diversity, same with religions who see them as demons possessed f*ck em all, I turn to spirituality now for that reason cause I know humans are useless when ur in your final moments of psychosis which is like your final moment before death.

We need a mental illness pride month come out loud and proud guys and say I'm mad and I'm damn proud of it watch the neurotypical stooges lose all their mental health industries and ruqyah enterprises overnight as your a damn mashruc for them while their building homes, cars, savings on your dumb ass,while U never recover cause they want U there as a cashcow. This isn't mental health it's mental hell how they can impriso U for life and have their own psychiatric kangaroo court with legal powers like normal court and they keep drugging U up while U develop horrendous side effect like twitching, tongue rolls back, sexual dysfunction, ur brain is so slow, memory issues, no emotions like a coma, vascular problems, the amount of side effects U get from their shitty meds isn't worth what their treating cause U never cured even according to them but if manageable for life thru pills which is what their big pharma companies want.

I know what health looks like your fixed and your on your way like surgeries, this isn't health it's a fuckin ponsy scheme for psychiatrist. Psychologists, support workers. nurses, health ministry, big pharma, and academics it's a damn industry who want U sick for life so their not seeking to cure whats their own financial interest.

They know me tho I'm bah dubays and walk the f*ck away in fear from me when I don't buy into their shit of madness, no human will tell me about myself waan isla wayn ahay in that sense cause ur just some petty ass nigga who is mortal and shits like me. U ain't telling me I'm mad, hell, naw. Waxay raban inay magac kugu samaystay to increase their own status and ego that your less being and their religious or medical hero's to the public.

Last edited:

NidarNidar

Punisher
A lot of what we call anomalous events become plausible when you realize the world is unlikely to be physical - the idea that the only type of thing in existence are the quantitative, abstract entities in modern physics.

What do you think the world fundamentally is? That will mediate what is plausible and implausible; What is "woo woo" and what is respectable.

Physicality can not account for the consciousness in which physicality is hypothesized within:

I wonder if will ever get to test the brain in the vat idea in our lifetime, if it does occur, it will definitely be in China.

Trending