Puntland 1m1v System And District Power Sharing

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland has attempted to create a 1m1v system using 50 district model. I think all voting was done and district governments were elected by the people except for nugaal.

That solves the local government composition and power sharing but hows that system.going to compliment PL regional assembly. Will the regional assembly consist of the 50 contested districts and their parties?

Will PL parliament be shared on local election result or will there be another round of parliamentary voting at the PL regional assembly level for presidential, vice presidential, speaker positions? Or will that election itself need to be re contested before the public? Essentially having two separate election cycles such as a presidential election on Jan 8 2024 and local.govt election model having its own election date cycle.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
PL parliament is power shared on Gobols not districts. So will it retain its Senate character and elections is just for presidential and local districts? What character the PL assembly will.take was never discussed.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I thought PL parliament will retain its 9 states composition and each member will be referred and called upon in question time as state rep of mudug or state rep of nugaal or state rep of sanaag.

While the district local council will refer to representatives based on tuulo or xafaad such as garowe local council will refer to its xafaads and tuulos and my rep will be representative of birta dheer and other tuulos and xafaad.will be the same and I suspect all local.governments will have titles on who they represent.

Trending