Programmers and network engineers soo gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting my third year after the summer any advice

Nice

Meh at this point just work on some side projects and try to build something, reddit has some good ideas.

Also do not graduate without work experience so apply for some Coops and internships otherwise you gonna have a tough time getting hired after you graduate

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Nice

Meh at this point just work on some side projects and try to build something, reddit has some good ideas.

Also do not graduate without work experience so apply for some Coops and internships otherwise you gonna have a tough time getting hired after you graduate
Don't worry i was planning on getting an entry level job thats non programming based after i graduate. So a CCNA routing & switching certificate will help getting a job

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
C# is a good place to start. Mobile App developers use it since they cover .NET frameworks.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
so installed pip but whenever i type it in i get: 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. So i then tried "py -m pip" and got: Cant find a default Python. Whats the solution? I dont think it has to do with the path. reddit folk on r/learningpython take too loooooong to respond. i want to play about with this cool module i found but pips fucking playing up. so please help. thanks

@emptyheartsflow @Coulombs law @Yonis

so installed pip but whenever i type it in i get: 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. So i then tried "py -m pip" and got: Cant find a default Python. Whats the solution? I dont think it has to do with the path. reddit folk on r/learningpython take too loooooong to respond. i want to play about with this cool module i found but pips fucking playing up. so please help. thanks

@emptyheartsflow @Coulombs law @Yonis

So the thing is that if you type in PIP command into the command prompt and get no response then that means that you have no installed python properly.

So I'm almost certain it is a path problem. Did you go into your system properties and change the environment variables ?

You need to get this when you type in the pip or " py -m pip" command
help.JPG

I don't know what step you are on but just follow this youtube tutorial and it should be able to solve your problem

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
So the thing is that if you type in PIP command into the command prompt and get no response then that means that you have no installed python properly.

So I'm almost certain it is a path problem. Did you go into your system properties and change the environment variables ?

You need to get this when you type in the pip or " py -m pip" command
View attachment 22069

I don't know what step you are on but just follow this youtube tutorial and it should be able to solve your problem
I thought my path was okay lol. I forgot to add "\scripts". Thanks. It was a silly mistake.

Alright programmers I got some questions, I got like like two semesters until I graduate and right now I am interning at a company as a Hardware Engineer working on firmware development and use verilog to design digital circuits.

I was thinking of moving to a different field such as Big data, Data Analytics Network Security etc. It is being hyped up as being the future and the job market will be soaring in the next couple of years. There was a Career fair event the other day that I went to and the potential employers there really sold their company and ideas to me.

I really don't see any downsides to this kind of career shift as it seems to have better pay, better job security etc.

What do you guys think of this new booming field and is it worth the switch ?

Both of your opinions will be appreciated @Prince Abubu @emptyheartsflow since you guys both work in the field I assume and are graduates.

Anyone else is free to give opinions

Alright programmers I got some questions, I got like like two semesters until I graduate and right now I am interning at a company as a Hardware Engineer working on firmware development and use verilog to design digital circuits.

I was thinking of moving to a different field such as Big data, Data Analytics Network Security etc. It is being hyped up as being the future and the job market will be soaring in the next couple of years. There was a Career fair event the other day that I went to and the potential employers there really sold their company and ideas to me.

I really don't see any downsides to this kind of career shift as it seems to have better pay, better job security etc.

What do you guys think of this new booming field and is it worth the switch ?

Both of your opinions will be appreciated @Prince Abubu @emptyheartsflow since you guys both work in the field I assume and are graduates.

Anyone else is free to give opinions

I don't work in the field, at least not yet. But yes, data mining/analytics is the new hot job to have. If you're good with maths/statistics and have strong programming skills, it is a field I would strongly recommend.

i've memorized the syntax for the languages i most commonly use. i couldn't tell you how to print a line in c# to save my life tho

Bumping this thread. I am studying XXXX engineering (not IT related), and in some courses the programming language MATLAB is used. Even though we only touch the surface of programming I have found it interesting and are planning to learn programming to a decent level by myself, in shaa Allah. My question is, should I stick to MATLAB until I learn it well, or should I start of with another language? And what learning method do you recommend (i.e. books or online courses etc)? And lastly, beside programming what other things should I also learn that will help me ( maths is a given, though calculus and linear algebra etc is covered in uni)?

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Bumping this thread. I am studying XXXX engineering (not IT related), and in some courses the programming language MATLAB is used. Even though we only touch the surface of programming I have found it interesting and are planning to learn programming to a decent level by myself, in shaa Allah. My question is, should I stick to MATLAB until I learn it well, or should I start of with another language? And what learning method do you recommend (i.e. books or online courses etc)? And lastly, beside programming what other things should I also learn that will help me ( maths is a given, though calculus and linear algebra etc is covered in uni)?

front end? back end? big data? database? what do you want to get into

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Clearly a mechanical engineer

Same. I'm quite proficient in matlab. Ive started learning some programming languages as a hobby. Read these before learning interactively. second edition.jpgpython.jpg

front end? back end? big data? database? what do you want to get into
Since its only a hobby I would like to get a basic understanding of primararly front- and back end (focus on front end).

But I have not started yet, what would you recommend to a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending