Prices decline in Sool Dec 2022-Mar 2024, while rising in Woqoyie Galbeed, Togdheer & Awdal

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Prices in Sool have declined by 9% since Dec 2022, they've also declined or remained stable in the rest of Somalia. The only exceptions are Woqoyie Galbeed, Togdheer & Awdal where prices rose by up to 25% between December 2022 and March 2024.

Food prices fell by 22% in Sool, meanwhile in Woqoyie Galbeed food prices rose by 15%. Zero correlation. Sool has decoupled from the states west of it in terms of prices and markets.
Food.png

Non Food.png

Tot basket.png

The end of trade between Sool and the states west of it has lowered food prices in Sool and hurt Woqoyie Galbeed, Togdheer & Awdal. Non-food prices rose by 50% in Sool, but non-food items are only 1/3 of the consumption basket so total basket cost still fell.

It seems that Somaliland was deliberately crippling Sool's economy by creating trade barriers between Sool and southern Somalia. By having Sool import food from Ethiopia rather than Hiiraan, Somaliland was deliberately lowering quality of life in Sool.

Jama Mohamed Ghalib predicted this:
Ghalib.png

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Even I remember, Jeegaan announce that they will build dry custom before 3 to 4 years.

We all know its just part of propganda.

Here's the chart from the same report (with the real numbers not the ones you made up)

1715189400529.png

Bari and Sool food prices over the last five years.

Decoupling lol....

I guess Somaliland was occupying Puntland too.

Just for comparison: Woqooyi Galbeed and Sool

1715189632050.png

This is the first time in the last five years that prices for food have been higher in WG, so a perfect moment to make your comparison but still you lied anyway. Seems like there have been two price spikes this year for reasons I don't know. They seem like outliers rather than trend.

In conclusion Sool needs better road access to the rest of Somaliland. Thanks for giving space for this information.