Police officer sells 2 aks, gambles all the money away on an app

I heard the government is banning TikTok only for the content creators to sign an agreement to give certain percentage of its income to the FGS 🤣. Apparently some youth are making a lot of money and the government doesn’t like that 🤣. They want a cut 😂.

I don't put anything past them 😂 They may backtrack later and claim that it was a temporary ban if it doesn't go their way of plans kkk

bidenkulaha

GalYare
If may cause a split between Biixi's and HSM's gov't. Muuse has praised HSM for staying out of SSC, but will probably now have a change of heart if FGS manages to exert power in SL, lol.

Either Hormud will comply (I heard that they may get fined otherwise?) despite SL being against it and in the long-run SL will try to decrease their monopoly/presence there. Or SL may talk with Hormud and let them cut a deal with the gov't behind the scene and exempt them. Or SL may force Hormud to disregard the ban if they want to maintain being a provider in SL. One of these three options will happen.
For now I think it’s a bit early to make such a move. But you can kind of see FGS’s leverage growing

Both Golis and Telsom are Hormuud owned. Even the world bank knows this. They operate in Puntland while Telsom operates in Somaliland. Both are Hormuud conglomerates.

1686521357073.png

Hormud owns 100% of Golis and Telecom?

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
The reason for the ban: Social media hasn't been kind to this government.
The excuse for the ban: counter terrorism, explicit content and gambling.

Hormud is not China Telecom and there are numerous social media platforms somalis use back home. With every ban there is an alternative platform and gazillions ways to by pass DNS blocks.

Hormud owns 100% of Golis and Telecom?
No, but they are the majority of the stakeholders. Just not sure how much the percentage is. Last time I remember reading it was 51% for both Golis and Telesom Somaliland but it could be more. Need to check my notes. One thing is for sure, they are the majority in both these semi autonomous states.

No, but they are the majority of the stakeholders. Just not sure how much the percentage is. Last time I remember reading it was 51% for both Golis and Telesom Somaliland but it could be more. Need to check my notes. One thing is for sure, they are the majority in both these semi autonomous states.

So smart of them to keep 51%. They will always reign supreme 😂

bidenkulaha

GalYare
So smart of them to have 51%. They will always reign supreme 😂
Isn’t there a trick where you can have ‘important shares’ that are worth more voting power too. Wonder if Hormuud use that trick.

Could financially be 50-50 but you can have all the voting power.

Hormuud do the share thing everywhere and it’s why they’re so popular in communities

Isn’t there a trick where you can have ‘important shares’ that are worth more voting power too. Wonder if Hormuud use that trick.

Could financially be 50-50 but you can have all the voting power.

Hormuud do the share thing everywhere and it’s why they’re so popular in communities

Yeah, I don't know how they work either. But usually you have different class of shares. Class A that gives more voting power than class B. Though, it's mostly applied to public companies. Speaking of public companies, will we ever see a stock exchange in Somalia? 😅

Also, partnering with locals is their best strategy ever. When you let the host people invest in you and involve them, you can make it seem as if they own it. Except that most powers and a majority of ownerships remains with you. 😂

The reason for the ban: Social media hasn't been kind to this government.
The excuse for the ban: counter terrorism, explicit content and gambling.

Hormud is not China Telecom and there are numerous social media platforms somalis use back home. With every ban there is an alternative platform and gazillions ways to by pass DNS blocks.

Watch the beginning of this video 🤣

bidenkulaha

GalYare

Meanwhile

Telegram is also owned by Russia. WhatsApp and Facebook have been let off, which to be fair are massively useful and popular

'diminish influence of groups seeking to hold Somalia back' The US ain't slick like they want us to believe 😂

But they must've given the green light to this decision.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Sure :ulyin:

They want to counter Russia and China at all cost 🤣
You think we’re important enough to be ordered to get rid of those apps tho? Lol

It’s funny though they literally have a big Ministry of Information and Culture conference with a 5 year plan coinciding with this. US funding for this ‘plan’ that included member states

Maybe you’re onto something

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP

Meanwhile

Telegram is also owned by Russia. WhatsApp and Facebook have been let off, which to be fair are massively useful and popular
HAG are only doing this so they can steal money from the state in secrete, the biggest victims of social media has been Ogaden and to be honest I feel sorry for them, they bit off more than they could chew, even their elders apologised for their recent threat against Harti lol.

Trending