My views

Status
Not open for further replies.

black

live and let die.
I'm chuckling(?)[..I don't really like that word] while reading these crazy speculations from my phone screen but that's as close as it gets...the image you've conjured up is inaccurate.
The inferiority complex is something I developed long ago that I've never been able to kick...it began as a complex about my Somali identity in particular but now it's more generalized. It's gotten pretty attention seeking lately.

I can understand developing an inferiority complex about being Black in a White school, but fam, why Somali specifically? I'm struggling to wrap my head around it. I grew up in a probably 'Whiter' environment. These kids didn't know anything about Africa. I highly doubt they'd know anything about the marginal difference between Somalia and Ethiopia. That's like claiming to be Indian instead of Pakistani to avoid anti-Asian sentiment!! What is it specifically about Somalia??

I remember my first school forever ago, there was a new West African looking kid in my class. The kids used to ask him if he was good at dodge ball because he used to hunt with spears before he joined our school. The guy wasn't even from Africa, he was Antillean and relocated from the Netherlands. That's the type of racism you get hit with

:dead::dead::dead::dead:

TooMacaan

VIP
Ok here are somethings I find weird in your story
1 how did you manage to translate the Ethiopian guys text and you don't know the language
2 you claimed first that growing as muslim and black is hard yet after that you claimed you're a Christian
3 you Never answered @crudetruth truths question
These are things that I'm not as sure of and tbh are kinda of racist
If your mom is half black wouldn't you
Look black and claim that you're african
Piracy in somalia started in late 2005 and gained attention from the international community in 2008 and this is the most known stereotype of somalis so unless you're 15 or something you should've not been bullied by that.
1. If you look back at my posts, you'll see that I've already explained that my mom speaks a decent amount of Anharic (although she's not fluent) because she's lived in Addis for a while. The Ethiopian guys question was kind of history themed so I got her to translate by saying it was for history project.

2. No. Again, if you go back and read my post...I claimed that being PERCEIVED as Muslim and Black was hard...people assumed what my religion was (I have a Muslim last name).

3. Which questions from CrudeTruth did I not answer?? There were 3 which I ignored (but that's because they were s3xual or about private parts), then I got the other 2 right, and there was only 1 that I got wrong. Since the one I got wrong was supposedly a well-known reer waqooyi term, he asked me 3 extra questions: I got 2 of those 100% right and the other one (how I say neighbor in at somali) was debatable because I said Deris but @crudetruth claimed it was Jiiraan...while @TheWeekday claimed that it could either be Deris or Jaar. We all had a different answer.
Yes, my mom is Black but not all black people look the same lol...I consider my dad to be black as well (and that's all I'm saying on that; I'm not addressing questions about mom's identity [or my age...but I'm def not 15 lol] and I refuse to confirm/deny anymore).

1. If you look back at my posts, you'll see that I've already explained that my mom speaks a decent amount of Anharic (although she's not fluent) because she's lived in Addis for a while. The Ethiopian guys question was kind of history themed so I got her to translate by saying it was for history project.

2. No. Again, if you go back and read my post...I claimed that being PERCEIVED as Muslim and Black was hard...people assumed what my religion was (I have a Muslim last name).

3. Which questions from CrudeTruth did I not answer?? There were 3 which I ignored (but that's because they were s3xual or about private parts), then I got the other 2 right, and there was only 1 that I got wrong. Since the one I got wrong was supposedly a well-known reer waqooyi term, he asked me 3 extra questions: I got 2 of those 100% right and the other one (how I say neighbor in at somali) was debatable because I said Deris but @crudetruth claimed it was Jiiraan...while @TheWeekday claimed that it could either be Deris or Jaar. We all had a different answer.
Yes, my mom is Black but not all black people look the same lol...I consider my dad to be black as well (and that's all I'm saying on that; I'm not addressing questions about mom's identity [or my age...but I'm def not 15 lol] and I refuse to confirm/deny anymore).
Ok translate this Qoraagu waa gabayaa in badan warbaahiyayaasha internetka iyo wargeysyadu ay daabaceen gabayadiisa. “LADH” waa buuggiisii u horeeyey. Waxa uu si farshaxannimo leh ugu soo bandhigay sheeko male-awaal ah . Waa qiso murugo leh oo uu gebi ahaanba hindisay qoraagu, balse aad ugu dhow xaqiiqooyin badan oo dhacay sannadihii u danbeeyey. “Waa sheeko qof wal oo soddonkii sannadood ee u danbeeyey garaad lahaa uu iska dhex arki karo” sidaa waxa yidhi Jama Musse Jama oo soo akhriyey buugga, kana mid ah madaxda shirkadda Ponte Invisible Ed.

TheWeekday

Garxaajis Slayer
Looool, why do you wanna know?? Today's the 18th and you're looking for some inter-Isaaq beef already...?:birdman:Let's just say I disagree with my dad's political tendencies and we'll leave it at that for now.
:ohno:

I'm not looking for beef.I might joke around with my fellow Isaaqs and taunt them but we are all one!Many on this site suffer from extreme hatred of Isaaqs including @government so we gotta stick together you know :mjohreally:

TooMacaan

VIP
I can understand developing an inferiority complex about being Black in a White school, but fam, why Somali specifically? I'm struggling to wrap my head around it. I grew up in a probably 'Whiter' environment. These kids didn't know anything about Africa. I highly doubt they'd know anything about the marginal difference between Somalia and Ethiopia. That's like claiming to be Indian instead of Pakistani to avoid anti-Asian sentiment!! What is it specifically about Somalia??

I remember my first school forever ago, there was a new West African looking kid in my class. The kids used to ask him if he was good at dodge ball because he used to hunt with spears before he joined our school. The guy wasn't even from Africa, he was Antillean and relocated from the Netherlands. That's the type of racism you get hit with

:dead::dead::dead::dead:
1st bolded: Because the Somali identity is almost synonymous with the Muslim identity, even when I would wear my cross to school I'd still get terrorist comments from students (and it wasn't even just the Cadaans; some of the Indians were way worse in fact). I'd also get welfare comments, rumors that my dad would hit my mom, and the occasional refugee comments as well (these things were spread out during my school years btw and in addition to the typical stupid stuff; hair pulling, gossip, mocking foods I ate, catty exclusion from groups, etc).
2nd bolded: my school was a bit different/"progessive" from the norm (I assume) in terms of curriculum; African history was included in history classes (although still kind of Eurocentric) so we learned about Scramble of Africa, Rwanda genocide, main ancient kingdoms, stand out contemporary politics, and even Trans Atlantic Slave Trade/AA historical figures. In these classes, it was usually only Ethiopia and Egypt, and Ghana(to a lesser extent) that were mentioned while Somali kingdoms were never covered. The only time I remember Somalia being mentioned was one of the classes where the intern made a side jab (he might've meant it as a joke but it wasn't very good) about Somalia and not aspiring to be like it when we were discussing anarchy.
3rd bolded: yea, I got that too.
Ok translate this Qoraagu waa gabayaa in badan warbaahiyayaasha internetka iyo wargeysyadu ay daabaceen gabayadiisa. “LADH” waa buuggiisii u horeeyey. Waxa uu si farshaxannimo leh ugu soo bandhigay sheeko male-awaal ah . Waa qiso murugo leh oo uu gebi ahaanba hindisay qoraagu, balse aad ugu dhow xaqiiqooyin badan oo dhacay sannadihii u danbeeyey. “Waa sheeko qof wal oo soddonkii sannadood ee u danbeeyey garaad lahaa uu iska dhex arki karo” sidaa waxa yidhi Jama Musse Jama oo soo akhriyey buugga, kana mid ah madaxda shirkadda Ponte Invisible Ed.
As I already told Crude, I'm tired of all that and I'm not translating any more. I already went through his hoops to prove myself and if I'm not gonna be believed after all that, I'm not jumping through anymore.
It seems I can't win...I say I'm Somali and I'm accused of being Ethiopian; I pretend to be Ethiopian and I'm told that there is no way I'm really Ethiopian. I go back to saying I'm Somali and ppl start saying that I'm Ethiopian for sure now...:faysalwtf:

Last edited:
1st bolded: Because the Somali identity is almost synonymous with the Muslim identity, even when I could wear my cross to school I'd still get terrorist comments from students (and it wasn't even just the Cadaans; some of the Indians were way worse in fact). I'd also get welfare comments, rumors that my dad would hit my mom, and the occasional refugee comments as well (these things were spread out during my school years btw and in addition to the typical stupid stuff; hair pulling, gossip, mocking foods I ate, catty exclusion from groups, etc).
2nd bolded: my school was a bit different/"progessive" from the norm (I assume) in terms of curriculum; African history was included in history classes (although still kind of Eurocentric) so we learned about Scramble of Africa, Rwanda genocide, main ancient kingdoms, stand out contemporary politics, and even Trans Atlantic Slave Trade/AA historical figures. In these classes, it was usually only Ethiopia and Egypt, and Ghana(to a lesser extent) that were mentioned while Somali kingdoms were never covered. The only time I remember Somalia being mentioned was one of the classes where the intern made a side jab (he might've meant it as a joke but it wasn't very good) about Somalia and not aspiring to be like it when we were discussing anarchy.

As I already told Crude, I'm tired of all that and I'm not translating any more. I already went through his hoops to prove myself and if I'm not gonna be believed after all that, I'm not jumping through anymore.
It seems I can't win...I say I'm Somali and I'm accused of being Ethiopian; I pretend to be Ethiopian and I'm told that there is no way I'm really Ethiopian. I go back to saying I'm Somali and ppl start saying that I'm Ethiopian for sure now...:faysalwtf:
So you can't translate know I'm 100% that you're amxara

TooMacaan

VIP
So you can't translate know I'm 100% that you're amxara
You can believe whatever you want but it is what it is. I'm not gonna bother to translate because its just a waste of my time, the last time I agreed to do it and people still doubted me. Why were my efforts ignored the first time around??You can't please people who will never be satisfied and I've learned that.

You can believe whatever you want but it is what it is. I'm not gonna bother to translate because its just a waste of my time, the last time I agreed to do it and people still doubted me. Why were my efforts ignored the first time around??You can't please people who will never be satisfied and I've learned that.
The first time you answered only 2 questions and you got one wrong and the rest you dismissed as being sexual wouldn't call that answering the question more like a smart way of avoiding it

The first time you answered only 2 questions and you got one wrong and the rest you dismissed as being sexual wouldn't call that answering the question more like a smart way of avoiding it

black

live and let die.
1st bolded: Because the Somali identity is almost synonymous with the Muslim identity, even when I could wear my cross to school I'd still get terrorist comments from students (and it wasn't even just the Cadaans; some of the Indians were way worse in fact). I'd also get welfare comments, rumors that my dad would hit my mom, and the occasional refugee comments as well (these things were spread out during my school years btw and in addition to the typical stupid stuff; hair pulling, gossip, mocking foods I ate, catty exclusion from groups, etc).

I'm gonna take a leap of faith, and say I believe you. :mjkkk: I'm sorry you had to go through all that walaalo. :friendhug: You still come across as really young so let's hope you get rid of any sort of complexes it brought on. Come join the civilised world in the big city and leave that backward tuulo behind. I'm shocked appalled curry munchers were coming at you like that. Were there literally no other Somalis or Africans in your school?

TooMacaan

VIP
Yes I answered the 2 normal questions, the other three were s3xual BS about vagina and foreskin, which I know he asked intentionally to be an an a$$hat...why tf should I have to entertain it?? And as I said, for the one question I got wrong...I had to answer an additional 3 questions!
I'm gonna take a leap of faith, and say I believe you. :mjkkk: I'm sorry you had to go through all that walaalo. :friendhug: You still come across as really young so let's hope you get rid of any sort of complexes it brought on. Come join the civilised world in the big city and leave that backward tuulo behind. I'm shocked appalled curry munchers were coming at you like that. Were there literally no other Somalis or Africans in your school?
Thanks and I'm def moving once I'm finished with all my schooling. In hindsight, the Indians would get crap too so picking on me was probably just a way for them to deflect their troubles. And I also think they hated being confused for Muslim as well due to the ignorance of some kids who generalized. There were only a couple Somali families during my time but I think our city was more if a transition spot and they moved after a few years (and the kids were in different age range). As for other Africans, not a lot but it was mostly West Africans.

Yes I answered the 2 normal questions, the other three were s3xual BS about vagina and foreskin, which I know he asked intentionally to be an an a$$hat...why tf should I have to entertain it?? And as I said, for the one question I got wrong...I had to answer an additional 3 questions!

Thanks and I'm def moving once I'm finished with all my schooling. In hindsight, the Indians would get crap too so picking on me was probably just a way for them to deflect their troubles. And I also think they hated being confused for Muslim as well due to the ignorance of some kids who generalized. There were only a couple Somali families during my time but I think our city was more if a transition spot and they moved after a few years (and the kids were in different age range). As for other Africans, not a lot but it was mostly West Africans.
Sure :comeon:

Status
Not open for further replies.