My 23andme result Rahanweyn luwaay from ufrow,

So this is the second D&M with a Bantu paternal haplogroup, who also has some minor Bantu overall DNA.

I always knew my eyes weren't fooling me when I see some Somalis, but people try to gaslight us into thinking all Somalis are pure Somali.
E-M293 is Cushitic. It spread southwards with the Cushitic pastoralist from the Horn toward Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania etc.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Is this the same RX E-M293 dude posted here a few days ago or a even newer sample?

Shimbiris

ุจู‰ูŽุฑ ุบู‰ูŽู„ ุฅูŠุค ุนุขู†ุค ู„ุค
VIP
So this is the second D&M with a Bantu paternal haplogroup, who also has some minor Bantu overall DNA.

I always knew my eyes weren't fooling me when I see some Somalis, but people try to gaslight us into thinking all Somalis are pure Somali. It's high-time for Somalis to admit, that some Somalis are mixed with Bantu, marry Bantus and have Bantu ancestry. The same way that people admit to Arab heritage.

It is NOT a Bantu lineage. Do not spread this misinformation, walaashay. It's a lineage found in other parts of the Horn and that clearly seems basal within the Horn. It is also, if I recall correctly, consistently found among ancient Cushitic pastoralists who were aDNA sampled south of the Horn. It is a lineage that was spread by South-Cushites like the ancestors of the Iraqw and the Tutsi and the fact that some southerly Somalis and Oromos pop up with it is pretty cool and probably signs of remnants remaining in the Horn among East-Cushites after our southern cousins left. It is as "Cushitic" as Somalis' E-Z813.

And his "minor" SE Afro is mostly bullshit, I'd wager. I've seen even northerners from Bari to Woqooyi get those sorts of noise levels (0-1.5%) with the new results, including myself, and whenever I sample them using nMonte and outside ADMIXTURE runs it's very clear there is no actual West-African ancestry present, nor are they any less MENA than the rest which is what you'd expect. In fact, I'm very slightly on the higher end in terms of MENA ancestry, not that means much with Somalis' whose variability in that respect is like 2%.

Doctorabdi

ุงู„ูˆู‚ุช ู…ู† ุฐู‡ุจ
It is NOT a Bantu lineage. Do not spread this misinformation, walaashay. It's a lineage found in other parts of the Horn and that clearly seems basal within the Horn. It is also, if I recall correctly, consistently found among ancient Cushitic pastoralists who were aDNA sampled south of the Horn. It is a lineage that was spread by South-Cushites like the ancestors of the Iraqw and the Tutsi and the fact that some southerly Somalis and Oromos pop up with it is pretty cool and probably signs of remnants remaining in the Horn among East-Cushites after our southern cousins left. It is as "Cushitic" as Somalis' E-Z813.

And his "minor" SE Afro is mostly bullshit, I'd wager. I've seen even northerners from Bari to Woqooyi get those sorts of noise levels (0-1.5%) with the new results, including myself, and whenever I sample them using nMonte and outside ADMIXTURE runs it's very clear there is no actual West-African ancestry present, nor are they any less MENA than the rest which is what you'd expect. In fact, I'm very slightly on the higher end in terms of MENA ancestry, not that means much with Somalis' whose variability in that respect is like 2%.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shimbiris

ุจู‰ูŽุฑ ุบู‰ูŽู„ ุฅูŠุค ุนุขู†ุค ู„ุค
VIP

Actual proper Eurasian ancestry is about 38-40% whereas actual proper SSA ancestry is about 60-62% depending on the person. But then our MENA ancestors were not purely Eurasian themselves so if you try to model Somalis as something like "Dinka + Mota + Natufian + Jawf-Yemeni" you'll get the SSA score at about 54-56% and the MENA score at about 44-46%.

Doctorabdi

ุงู„ูˆู‚ุช ู…ู† ุฐู‡ุจ
Actual proper Eurasian ancestry is about 38-40% whereas actual proper SSA ancestry is about 60-62% depending on the person. But then our MENA ancestors were not purely Eurasian themselves so if you try to model Somalis as something like "Dinka + Mota + Natufian + Jawf-Yemeni" you'll get the SSA score at about 54-56% and the MENA score at about 44-46%.

Last edited:
Again, this shows that Maay and other groups belonging to macro-Soomaali of non-Maxaa origin are Somali genetically. If they were non-Somali Cushitics, the autosomal Ethiopian value would be very high given that Cushitic ancestry is centrally variably distant across the board, explaining why a South Cushite both get Ethiopian and Somali (lesser for the latter), the reason being why a Tutsi gets Ethiopian and Somali, etc. This is not observed with the people of southern Somalia, time and time again, when we see the samples presented, accounting for minor admixture sometimes.

The linguistics and other anthropological similarities are consistent with genetics. The groups in question are at the Somali core genetically, where the linguistics serves as a good reminder of how that was a genetic migration of Somalis, merely earlier people that migrated.

We should expect more haplogroup diversity in the southern region given that the northern peninsula is just the result of founder effects and perhaps some bottlenecks -- rationally assumed from a desert environment among patrilocal mixed-economy pastoralist-based people. Increasing sedentary lifeways are present in the south, a process that preserves higher linguistic dialect to language divergence and facilitates more lineages. All this is expected. As people see, besides obvious mixed outliers, those people are Somali.

South Cushitic paternal haplogroup which is very rare among Somalis & other East Cushitic groups. He also has minor Bantu ancestry which isnโ€™t surprising as there are hundreds of thousands of Bantu Maay speakers
He doesn't have any bantu+ there was no intermarriage between bantus and reewins, the only people bantus intermarried with were boons that lived alongside them in gosha.

He got a southern cushitic paternal HG?

In central Somalia and the interriverine regions, there is a myth that it was previously inhabited by giants. Madanle in the south, Tiirri in central regions. Used to think this was a fairy tale but there could be more to the story.

We know southern cushitics were relatively tall and now a their signature HG surfaces this far north. A Degoodia girls brother here got E-M293 but was chalked up to recent assimilation.

This guy should reveal his abtirsi and do YFull. We need more information.
There's also Makanne, Murule, Garre, Sheekhaal Cabdi Sheekh with e-m293

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
He doesn't have any bantu+ there was no intermarriage between bantus and reewins, the only people bantus intermarried with were boons that lived alongside them in gosha.
The SE African component in 23&me is Bantu ancestry. Yes Raxanweyn mixed with Bantus, they even carry Bantu paternal lineages like E-M2 and thereโ€™s a decent percentage in Southern Somalia that have Bantu maternal lineages as well

The SE African component in 23&me is Bantu ancestry. Yes Raxanweyn mixed with Bantus, they even carry Bantu paternal lineages like E-M2 and thereโ€™s a decent percentage in Southern Somalia that have Bantu maternal lineages as well
Evidence? I do agree to an extent some rahanweyns look distinct from other ethnic Somalis in phenotype which maybe due to admixture.

Again, this shows that Maay and other groups belonging to macro-Soomaali of non-Maxaa origin are Somali genetically. If they were non-Somali Cushitics, the autosomal Ethiopian value would be very high given that Cushitic ancestry is centrally variably distant across the board, explaining why a South Cushite both get Ethiopian and Somali (lesser for the latter), the reason being why a Tutsi gets Ethiopian and Somali, etc. This is not observed with the people of southern Somalia, time and time again, when we see the samples presented, accounting for minor admixture sometimes.

The linguistics and other anthropological similarities are consistent with genetics. The groups in question are at the Somali core genetically, where the linguistics serves as a good reminder of how that was a genetic migration of Somalis, merely earlier people that migrated.

We should expect more haplogroup diversity in the southern region given that the northern peninsula is just the result of founder effects and perhaps some bottlenecks -- rationally assumed from a desert environment among patrilocal mixed-economy pastoralist-based people. Increasing sedentary lifeways are present in the south, a process that preserves higher linguistic dialect to language divergence and facilitates more lineages. All this is expected. As people see, besides obvious mixed outliers, those people are Somali.
100% the only people who say otherwise are secessionists who try and spread the theory that they are 'ethnically distinct' like Edna saying she doesn't understand the language used in the South!

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Evidence? I do agree to an extent some rahanweyns look distinct from other ethnic Somalis in phenotype which maybe due to admixture.
Have you seen results from Bantus on 23&me?
Kikuyu results (Kikuyu are 1/3 Cushitic):
832D3C01-7B1A-404A-85D7-C3E5FB2A2128.png

Tanzanian Muslim Results:

A6AE3AFD-C2FA-463C-8622-A05A3D995314.jpeg

Tutsi from Congo:
6E091E1E-6F03-4C90-9007-0DC45C704D27.jpeg

Letโ€™s be real most of you Somalians are tainted with Bantu ancestry. It makes sense historically, and the modern Bantus of Somalia are living proof. Thereโ€™s nothing wrong with Niger-Congo ancestry, my own son is probably 3% West African due to his Saharan Moroccan ancestry so itโ€™s not like Iโ€™m tryna instigate anything here

Trending