My 23AndMe DNA history got back to me. Kind of surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatsomaligirl

Loves milk is lactose intolerant, kill me
I was thinking of getting a 23andMe set just for the hell of it but £149 just to tell me I'm an African - fck that!

I already know my YDNA and MtDNA results anyway from National Genographic.
The price to shut up every family member about the whole my clan has ties with the prophet bs or the "you're not a REAL African".... I'm really starting to consider it.
608f569ffdda7afc6484966ec0ba48e9.jpg

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
The price to shut up every family member about the whole my clan has ties with the prophet bs or the "you're not a REAL African".... I'm really starting to consider it.
608f569ffdda7afc6484966ec0ba48e9.jpg
Somalis aren't even fully "African" if we're talking DNA wise. No-one is. 23andme is shite anyways, they use a sample of like 12 Maasais or some shit as the baseline for "East African" DNA, meaning that this is incredibly inaccurate. It doesn't look at the actual genetic makeup of Somalis, only assigning you a modern day region based on samples.
In short: 23andme is only good for their health reports, not their DNA results :manny:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Somalis aren't even fully "African" if we're talking DNA wise. No-one is. 23andme is shite anyways, they use a sample of like 12 Maasais or some shit as the baseline for "East African" DNA, meaning that this is incredibly inaccurate. It doesn't look at the actual genetic makeup of Somalis, only assigning you a modern day region based on samples.
In short: 23andme is only good for their health reports, not their DNA results :manny:

I thought 23andme cross referenced samples of specific ethnic groups to draw where genes originated. And also went against known genomes from ancient times. I was told they made a "fix" which aligned people better.

And maasai have usually been used against us as a basis iirc. Because they're an admixed group.

The vast majority of our genes I'm sure still originate in the horn. And I'm also positive we have the most affinity with the earliest humans that walked there.

I will not drop my we wuz first manifesto for anyone :fittytousand:

Nice, I want to try 23andme too. Wish it didn't cost so much though. I took a test with AncestryDNA which completely sucked, my results showed up as mostly a mixture of Southeastern Bantu and Middle Eastern when according to research, that's not what Somali genetics are made up of. :kodaksmiley: Later learned that it was because AncestryDNA doesn't have any Horner reference populations so they categorize us as the next closest thing. Also got some East Asian but it didn't even say where in East Asia, just highlighted all of East and Southeast Asia :childplease:

Don't waste your time with AncestryDNA guys.

Nice, I want to try 23andme too. Wish it didn't cost so much though. I took a test with AncestryDNA which completely sucked, my results showed up as mostly a mixture of Southeastern Bantu and Middle Eastern when according to research, that's not what Somali genetics are made up of. :kodaksmiley: Later learned that it was because AncestryDNA doesn't have any Horner reference populations so they categorize us as the next closest thing. Also got some East Asian but it didn't even say where in East Asia, just highlighted all of East and Southeast Asia :childplease:

Don't waste your time with AncestryDNA guys.

If you live in North America, you can get it for free.

Btw, what regional percentages did Ancestrydna give you?

If you live in North America, you can get it for free.

Btw, what regional percentages did Ancestrydna give you?

Really? How? I tried looking on the website but it was more than $200...

I got 48% Southeastern Bantu, 10% North Africa, 6% West African (3% Mali, 3% Senegal), 30% Middle East and 6% East Asia with AncestryDNA

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Really? How? I tried looking on the website but it was more than $200...

I got 48% Southeastern Bantu, 10% North Africa, 6% West African (3% Mali, 3% Senegal), 30% Middle East and 6% East Asia with AncestryDNA

Those are standard habesha results

n15dPag.jpg

Those are standard habesha results

n15dPag.jpg

Is that so...:pachah1::cosbyhmm:

I'm 75% Somali and 25% Malagasy so idk. All the other Somalis I've seen who've taken AncestryDNA have similar results, minus the East Asia. Somalis and Ethiopians have pretty similar genetic origins at the end of the day. :kanyeshrug:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud

I'm 75% Somali and 25% Malagasy so idk. All the other Somalis I've seen who've taken AncestryDNA have similar results, minus the East Asia. Somalis and Ethiopians have pretty similar genetic origins at the end of the day. :kanyeshrug:
your south-eastern Bantu is about a few percentages higher than somalis and you have 6% asian which Somali's definitely do not have and is evidently from your malgasy heritage .Furthermore you have about 5-10% less arab dna than somalis as most somali's from my own observations score between 35-40% arab on ancestrydna averaging at about 37-38%.All in all you have pretty strong somali results and if you tried 23andme you would in by opinion score in the 80s in the east african component.:fittytousand::fittytousand:
2ps2269.jpg

Omar10251274_629747697106657_1319571827_n_zps203a4326.jpg~original

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud

CUZ WE WUZ ABEED AND SHIEET :dabcasar:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
She wouldn't score anything below 90 tbqh. AncestryDNA is throwing your money away, although in pretty sure you can still use Gedmatch with your raw data.

Edit- forgot you were part Malagasy :icon lol:

You gotta tell that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.