Muslim population percentage per country in Africa

I would say that Muslims actually constitute around 10% of South Sudan's population; the Dinka and the Fertit (on the border) make up the majority of the Muslims in South Sudan.

I thought Ethiopia’s numbers would’ve been bigger
They are, Ethiopia is still 60% Muslim. The percentage of the Amhara ethnic group in Ethiopia is 33 percent not the percentage of Muslims. It seems there was a system glitch or amhara Christian spread lies that Muslims are 33%.

I would say that Muslims actually constitute around 10% of South Sudan's population; the Dinka and the Fertit (on the border) make up the majority of the Muslims in South Sudan.
Has there always been a Muslim community amongst those two groups, or did they come as a result of Al Bashir’s Islamist government?

Has there always been a Muslim community amongst those two groups, or did they come as a result of Al Bashir’s Islamist government?

The Fertit started their conversions to Islam in the 18th and 19th Centuries, and they seem to have converted in order to protect themselves from slave raids; and the Dinka on the border had converts as a result of trade with the Arabs on the border. It was entirey voluntary with the Dinka.

I met a Congolese muslim didn't know their was muslims there
Africa is experiencing a population boom If Africa is to be majority muslim places
Screenshot_20240425_165059_Chrome.jpg
20240425_170040.jpg
like Congo with over 100 million people and among the highest TFR on the continent by 2050 will have 215 million people needs more Dawah.

Last edited:
I thought Ethiopia’s numbers would’ve been bigger
Both Ethiopia and Eritrea’s are heavily skewed for politicial reason due to being ruled by a single ethnic group (remember, they seized power from their own armed front).

The truth will eventually come out when other ethnic groups (majority Muslims but qabilist) demand power and all hell break loose. History have shown this everywhere when one country is being ruled by a single ethnic group with an iron fist.

They are, Ethiopia is still 60% Muslim. The percentage of the Amhara ethnic group in Ethiopia is 33 percent not the percentage of Muslims. It seems there was a system glitch or amhara Christian spread lies that Muslims are 33%.
I think 60% is stretching it but they're definitely not a mere 33%. Something like half the population being Muslim would make sense

It seems like 45% of Oromo and 80 % of Amhara are christian. Along with many of those minority groups are christian, Ethiopia being 60% christian makes sense.