MORE HOLLYWOOD DRAMA AND ANTI-SOMALI SENTIMENT

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
Its a non fictional tv show so it not that deep
It's how they portray us. The stereotypes and they refuse to use REAL Somali actors. Instead using those west Africans who will be a their feet ready at any notice. Does your abo look like the guy in the show?

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
It's how they portray us. The stereotypes and they refuse to use REAL Somali actors. Instead using those west Africans who will be a their feet ready at any notice. Does your abo look like the guy in the show?

Theres hardly any somali actors striving in this industry what do you expect ?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Theres hardly any somali actors striving in this industry what do you expect ?
That's patently false. They exist. If you want cultural authenticity you can get it. Americans don't care and aren't known for being very high IQ either. Don't expect appropriate casting from them.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If i looked like him i would also be self hating

1677167972190.png

Always your own smh. I guess he would sell his ass for a few more dollars. I just dont want him cutting the ribbon for the openining of the next somali embassy.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

They do it with MENAs too. They like to exaggerate how "other" we all are. For example, they will constantly use Desis to play MENAs even in serious tv shows. Probably to make them look more brown/ethnic than they actually are. This was an Iraqi from Tikrit in Lost:

Mp1vIGW.jpg

:dead:

Either that or they'll find a member of the ethnic group or region who looks particularly more ethnic.

They do it with MENAs too. They like to exaggerate how "other" we all are. For example, they will constantly use Desis to play MENAs even in serious tv shows. Probably to make them look more brown/ethnic than they actually are. This was an Iraqi from Tikrit in Lost:

Mp1vIGW.jpg

:dead:

Either that or they'll find a member of the ethnic group or region who looks particularly more ethnic.
This is a true Iraqi man. Hollywood needs to get it right next time.
1677169455335.jpeg

Trending