Mogadishu could be the greatest city in Africa

Walk with me here:

- Great location (on Indian ocean, near the rest of Africa, Middle East, Europe, Asia)
- weather is good (it does gets hot, but there's wind)
- if architecture and infrastructure is built well, could be very aesthetic and functional
- Dubai is soulless, we could steal a lot of their visitors and business
-Based on location would be a great travel hub to the rest of Africa, currently this is Addis Ababa (also because of Ethiopian airlines)
-If safety is improved, could become a great tourism destination

Is anyone seeing the vision? Our people are sleeping wallahi. We got so much work to do.

Too late. By the time the security issue is dealt with and more than half the city(literally slums) is demolished and rebuilt to resemble a decent capital other Coastal African cities like Mombasa would have advanced by leaps and bounds leaving us in the dust still dreaming of catching up to them

I don't like tourism and tourists, they ruin everything. Look at countries where they get a lot of money from tourism, they hate it. They feel overwhelmed, overcrowded, priced out, you name it. If Somalia had normal leaders, and we extracted our resources, and every Somali got a basic income, we'd be happy. We don't need these people laying on our beaches, naked. We don't want dirty passport bros, coming to exploit our girls.

I don't like tourism and tourists, they ruin everything. Look at countries where they get a lot of money from tourism, they hate it. They feel overwhelmed, overcrowded, priced out, you name it. If Somalia had normal leaders, and we extracted our resources, and every Somali got a basic income, we'd be happy. We don't need these people laying on our beaches, naked. We don't want dirty passport bros, coming to exploit our girls.
Exactly what I was going to say. I’m 100% for having a minimal tourism industry and only focus on tourism when it comes from within, meaning encouraging Somalis from say the north to go south and what not, hopefully it’ll contribute in a stronger sense of unity and kill whatever remnants of our qabilist ways that killed our country.

Walk with me here:

- Great location (on Indian ocean, near the rest of Africa, Middle East, Europe, Asia)
- if architecture and infrastructure is built well, could be very aesthetic and functional
-Based on location would be a great travel hub to the rest of Africa, currently this is Addis Ababa (also because of Ethiopian airlines)

Is anyone seeing the vision? Our people are sleeping wallahi. We got so much work to do.
Tourism as something the economy depends on is a sad fate i hope we never have mass tourism. It creates a lot of messed up effects- citizens effectively become second class the whole country becomes a big hotel geared to foreigners.

Last edited:
'we could steal a lot of their visitors'-Dubai is filled with degenerates with money why on god's green earth would you want that for Mogadishu?

I knew folks would bring this up, but a lot of Muslims travel to Dubai and a lot of them are families who want to go on vacation, we don't have to cater to degenerates the way they do. Somalis will never sell out that way. Istanbul for example, has a lot of Muslim travellers, including Somalis!

I knew folks would bring this up, but a lot of Muslims travel to Dubai and a lot of them are families who want to go on vacation, we don't have to cater to degenerates the way they do. Somalis will never sell out that way. Istanbul for example, has a lot of Muslim travellers, including Somalis!

Somalis alone would be enough for tourism. I saw Somalis from Southern Somalia in Eyl for example, vacationing. You'll even see Somalis from Somaliland, especially those tiktok celebs going to the coast in Puntland, to film content. Basically, we are more than enough. Especially if the large diaspora returns more often. Dadkaan kale naga dhaaf, looma baahna, especially with their cultural issues. We are already suffering from the disgusting Asian media influence.

Somalis alone would be enough for tourism. I saw Somalis from Southern Somalia in Eyl for example, vacationing. You'll even see Somalis from Somaliland, especially those tiktok celebs going to the coast in Puntland, to film content. Basically, we are more than enough. Especially if the large diaspora returns more often. Dadkaan kale naga dhaaf, looma baahna, especially with their cultural issues. We are already suffering from the disgusting Asian media influence.

I respect that, that is the preferred kind of tourism as always.

All of that money from economically successful diaspora members flowing right back home would just be :rejoice:

Also looking forward to ppl making videos seething and hating for not being able to go to Somalia for any reason outside of business.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
I really hope somalia never gets a tourism industry, and if it does a very small one. Somalia couldnt be a tourist destination for at least the next 70 years anyways

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Walk with me here:

I envision Mogadhishu has this fast party city like a more luugo baasto Lagos of Nigeria. in the future

Too late. By the time the security issue is dealt with and more than half the city(literally slums) is demolished and rebuilt to resemble a decent capital other Coastal African cities like Mombasa would have advanced by leaps and bounds leaving us in the dust still dreaming of catching up to them
We have oil remember lol. If a city like Dubai could transform from a small village into a metropolis in just a few decades then Mogadishu could achieve similar feats (not that I want Xamar to be exactly like Dubai however). Even South Korea's Seoul was a major shithole massively behind neighboring cities after their war but transformed significantly with American help

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
People that don’t want a tourism industry in Somalia, do so for good reasons, but be aware when you suppress something that comes natural with having a booming economy, stability, a pleasant climate, rich historical heritage and serene beaches, all of the negative aspects of tourism that you want to prevent will just shift to the underground.

Instead, it’s better to have a strong police force, and laws in place that regulate and protect those most vulnerable to fall within the cracks. I want Somalia to be more like Malaysia, while also focusing its tourism marketing on attracting families from countries like Kuwait, Brunei, Qatar, Algeria, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Turkey. We could be that specific country in the 1.5 billion strong Muslim world with the best beaches and most exciting safari trips.

We have oil remember lol. If a city like Dubai could transform from a small village into a metropolis in just a few decades then Mogadishu could achieve similar feats (not that I want Xamar to be exactly like Dubai however). Even South Korea's Seoul was a major shithole massively behind neighboring cities after their war but transformed significantly with American help
Dubai was a Tuulo. Mogadishu is a a giant unplanned slum. Easier to build a Tuulo from scratch than a giant slum with 2.3 million people already living in it

Untitled-design-2.jpg

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
A great example of that is Oman imo.

They are oil rich but they don’t try to attract degenerates by building all these useless skyscrappers and big expensive projects. Instead they preserved their culture.

People that don’t want a tourism industry in Somalia, do so for good reasons, but be aware when you suppress something that comes natural with having a booming economy, stability, a pleasant climate, rich historical heritage and serene beaches, all of the negative aspects of tourism that you want to prevent will just shift to the underground.

Instead, it’s better to have a strong police force, and laws in place that regulate and protect those most vulnerable to fall within the cracks. I want Somalia to be more like Malaysia, while also focusing its tourism marketing on attracting families from countries like Kuwait, Brunei, Qatar, Algeria, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Turkey. We could be that specific country in the 1.5 billion strong Muslim world with the best beaches and most exciting safari trips.
The point is that any tourism has to be a SIDE EFFECT of our industrialisation and development- if we try to be a tourist hotspot then we will become another country dependent on tourism- tourism is a nice to have but awful when it dominates your economy.

Trending