Kenya embarrassed Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shamis

Kenyan politicians are just drug pushers wallahi. Imagine if the drug was cocaine? Khaat is an amphetamine just like speed which is class A in so many countries.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
What a joke of a country Somalia has become. Walahi the amount of shame I felt was like nothing I have ever experienced.

The Kenyan minister was right. Why should they ban Khat when it is legal in Somalia?? That question should have been directed at the PM Xalweyste.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Kenyan politicians are just drug pushers wallahi. Imagine if the drug was cocaine? Khaat is an amphetamine just like speed which is class A in so many countries.
Khat is legal in Somalia and its legal in Kenya. As His Excellency said, it's a valuable cash crop and its a case of willing buyer, willing seller. Neither the Kenyan government nor Kenyan farmers are doing anything wrong.

S

Shamis

Legal but very harmful. Kenya is addicted to heroin so it doesn't surprise me that they're fine with pushing khat into Somalia. My country has the worst neighbours.

HalyeeyQaran

Then the Somali government should ban it. But, they haven't so why should Kenya care if it's harmful or not? It isn't Kenya's job to babysit Somalia. Kenyan farmers make a livelihood on cultivating and selling Khat and they have a massive clientele. Kenya isn't addicted to Heroin but I know you would like to see that. There are a few thousand people who abuse heroin in Mombasa but the Kenyan government is making strides to combat drug use in the country. Soon, there will be no such thing as a country called Somalia.

S

Shamis

Exchange khat for cocaine and you'll see how absurd your statements are. Keep dreaming that Somalia doesn't exist. If Mozambique can recover from its civil war then so can Somalia.

HalyeeyQaran

You didn't seem to understand my point. The gist of what I was saying is, it's not Kenya's responsibility to look out for what's harmful to Somalia and what isn't. Khat isn't illegal in either country and Somalis import tons of it from both Kenya and Ethiopia. It's just a case of supply and demand. If they actually care about it that much, Somalis should push for it to be banned in Somalia, but we know that will never happen. As long as Somalis consume Khat, Kenyan and Ethiopian farmers will produce it and sell it. :umad:

Why is he asking useless question like khat. Why not asking him about the hundreds of innocents kenya kills, the fact that they wanna take our sea. Even our journalist our uselss.

S

Shamis

Yup! He realised he was addicted to khat around the time of the khat ban now he wants a similar ban in Somalia.

We need a lawyer to ask those questions. Universal are pretty useless when it comes to real issues, they don't want to upset another Somali politician.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Having a ban on Khat is so stupid. Why are somalis so extreme with everything.

I bet If someone decided that there is an obesity epidemic amongst somalis they would ban food. :uCkf6mf:

S

Shamis

@nucleus for economic and social progress we need to ban khat. Khat is the only sure shilling, obv that's bad news for other businesses. And little kids are being robbed of their childhood because their dad spends all their money on drugs.

S

Shamis

LOL so he is an opportunist miyay

He has a great message to spread. How many middle aged Somali men will admit on camera that they were 'drug addicts'? I hope we end this khat obsession - let's just drink qaxwo qafiif ah and eat macmacaan like the old days.

S

Shamis

Lol! I'm just glad that someone is finally calling a spade a spade.

I do not believe that khat should be banned in Somalia because it's impossible to do so and will waste resources on the government to impose those rules. War on Drugs was an epic failure in the states.

I propose that Khat is regulated, taxed, and stops minors from participating on those drugs. Those taxes would benefit Somali community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts