Judge says punching a white person and saying "I hate white people" is NOT a HATE CRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-whites have won

:ohdamn:

Yelling ‘I hate white people’ and punching one isn’t a hate crime, Canadian judge rules

Tamara Crowchief may have yelled "I hate white people" as she carried out a violent assault on a white person, but that doesn't mean her attack was racially motivated, a Canadian judge has ruled.

The attack occurred outside a pub in Calgary, Canada, on Nov. 1, according to the Calgary Herald. Crowchief's victim, identified as Lydia White, lost a tooth in the assault, the paper reported.

Prosecutor Karuna Ramakrishnan had tried to put Crowchief behind bars for 12 to 15 months by arguing that the indigenous woman's "unprovoked" actions represented a hate crime, the paper reported. But Judge Harry Van Harten of the provincial court strongly disagreed.

“The offender said, ‘I hate white people’ and threw a punch,” Van Harten told those gathered in the court during his ruling. “There is no evidence either way about what the offender meant or whether . . . she holds or promotes an ideology which would explain why this assault was aimed at this victim. I am not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that this offense was, even in part, motivated by racial bias.”

The Calgary Herald reported that the attack happened suddenly and without warning.

White was standing outside the pub talking to another person when Crowchief walked up and yelled “I hate white people” before punching White in the face, the paper reported. After the assault, Crowchief left the scene, but White followed her and called police.

When authorities arrived and arrested Crowchief, she told them “the white man was out to get her,” the paper reported.

At a recent court hearing, White said she's still baffled by the assault.

“I still get angry when I think about it,” she said. “I don’t understand why this woman did this. I never did anything to her. Never even spoke to her.”

By the time of her sentencing, Crowchief had already spent more than six months in jail, according to the Calgary Herald.

Van Harten agreed with Crowchief's defense attorney, Adriano Iovinelli, that she'd been behind bars long enough.

The judge gave Crowchief 12 months probation "and ordered her to get psychological and psychiatric counselling, as well as counselling for substance abuse," the Herald reported.

Crowchief was also banned from drinking or going to a business that specializes in the sale of alcohol, the paper said.

Her case brings to light some of the longstanding racial tension between indigenous Canadians and the descendants of European colonialists, who vastly outnumber other ethnic groups.

Aboriginals make up just over 4 percent of Canada’s population, according to Canadian government figures from 2011.

Among the most sensitive areas of contention between indigenous Canadians and their government has been the forced separation of more than 150,000 aboriginal children from their families throughout the 19th and 20th centuries -- a policy many have labeled "cultural genocide."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ple-isnt-a-hate-crime/?utm_term=.07a894589324

Where are all the white bootyclappers. The ones that swear up on down their "Caucasians dipped in chocolate". Akaas self haters make me sick.
:susp:
If the indigenous people can't even get any rights what makes them think they're the exception.
:what1:

Non-whites have won

:ohdamn:

Yelling ‘I hate white people’ and punching one isn’t a hate crime, Canadian judge rules

Tamara Crowchief may have yelled "I hate white people" as she carried out a violent assault on a white person, but that doesn't mean her attack was racially motivated, a Canadian judge has ruled.

The attack occurred outside a pub in Calgary, Canada, on Nov. 1, according to the Calgary Herald. Crowchief's victim, identified as Lydia White, lost a tooth in the assault, the paper reported.

Prosecutor Karuna Ramakrishnan had tried to put Crowchief behind bars for 12 to 15 months by arguing that the indigenous woman's "unprovoked" actions represented a hate crime, the paper reported. But Judge Harry Van Harten of the provincial court strongly disagreed.

“The offender said, ‘I hate white people’ and threw a punch,” Van Harten told those gathered in the court during his ruling. “There is no evidence either way about what the offender meant or whether . . . she holds or promotes an ideology which would explain why this assault was aimed at this victim. I am not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that this offense was, even in part, motivated by racial bias.”

The Calgary Herald reported that the attack happened suddenly and without warning.

White was standing outside the pub talking to another person when Crowchief walked up and yelled “I hate white people” before punching White in the face, the paper reported. After the assault, Crowchief left the scene, but White followed her and called police.

When authorities arrived and arrested Crowchief, she told them “the white man was out to get her,” the paper reported.

At a recent court hearing, White said she's still baffled by the assault.

“I still get angry when I think about it,” she said. “I don’t understand why this woman did this. I never did anything to her. Never even spoke to her.”

By the time of her sentencing, Crowchief had already spent more than six months in jail, according to the Calgary Herald.

Van Harten agreed with Crowchief's defense attorney, Adriano Iovinelli, that she'd been behind bars long enough.

The judge gave Crowchief 12 months probation "and ordered her to get psychological and psychiatric counselling, as well as counselling for substance abuse," the Herald reported.

Crowchief was also banned from drinking or going to a business that specializes in the sale of alcohol, the paper said.

Her case brings to light some of the longstanding racial tension between indigenous Canadians and the descendants of European colonialists, who vastly outnumber other ethnic groups.

Aboriginals make up just over 4 percent of Canada’s population, according to Canadian government figures from 2011.

Among the most sensitive areas of contention between indigenous Canadians and their government has been the forced separation of more than 150,000 aboriginal children from their families throughout the 19th and 20th centuries -- a policy many have labeled "cultural genocide."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ple-isnt-a-hate-crime/?utm_term=.07a894589324

Why do you care? :kodaksmiley:

Time to hit up some white people while I visit Canada. I need to get out with this frustration :mjlol:

Where are all the white bootyclappers. The ones that swear up on down their "Caucasians dipped in chocolate". Akaas self haters make me sick.
:susp:
If the indigenous people can't even get any rights what makes them think they're the exception.
:what1:

Name = Assata Shakur.

Title = Proud SJWlander.

Accusing people of self-hate.

full

Name = Assata Shakur.

Title = Proud SJWlander.

Accusing people of self-hate.

full
Thanks for noticing I'm not your average xaalimo on the block. Xaalimos have different opinions too I'm not sure if you realized it. Even though y'all don't.
:browtf:

Thanks for noticing I'm not your average xaalimo on the block. Xaalimos have different opinions too I'm not sure if you realized it. Even though y'all don't.
:browtf:

Obviously the ironies in that post flew over your head. :pachah1:

Why are you appropriating the culture and history of an oppressed and downtrodden people? Are you aware that you are privileged over these people, and hence your cultural appropriation of their ways is the worst form of racism you can practice?

You need to check your privilege. :birdman:

Why are you appropriating the culture and history of an oppressed and downtrodden people? Are you aware that you are privileged over these people, and hence your cultural appropriation of their ways is the worst form of racism you can practice?

I'm not appropriating anything if I'm paying homage. These people are not downtrodden they've been persevering for the past 300 years in the face of unspeakable horrors and attempts to crush their spirit. Acknowledging your privilege over someone else's and trying to equally disperse that privilege is the right thing to do. Sitting all day and rejoicing over other people's sad plight and in your tiny bit of privilege probably isn't the right thing to do. But what do I know I'm just your average SJW xaalimo.
:manny:
Now let me be a SJW xaalimo in peace. If my comments bother you keep it pushing there's no reason for you to stop and read. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
It's all fun and games to some of you, but this is just fuel for the Alt-Right and other white nationalist groups.

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡

Somali privilege headass :drakelaugh::mjlol::russ:

I'm not appropriating anything if I'm paying homage.
So there is no cultural appropriation since everyone can be deemed as "paying homage"?

Was she "just" paying homage as well?

tdy_guth_dolezal_150617.today-inline-vid-featured-desktop.jpg

These people are not downtrodden they've been persevering for the past 300 years in the face of unspeakable horrors and attempts to crush their spirit.

Sounds like you've even appropriated their rhetoric as well. :ohlord:

Acknowledging your privilege over someone else's and trying to equally disperse that privilege is the right thing to do. Sitting all day and rejoicing over other people's sad plight and in your tiny bit of privilege probably isn't the right thing to do. But what do I know I'm just your average SJW xaalimo.

:manny:

You're a lot more like the typical Somali than you would like to admit. Only the extremes are visible to you. There's no middle-ground. If someone is not a raving and loony SJW then that necessarily means they have to be a racist and privileged oppressor.

Now let me be a SJW xaalimo in peace. If my comments bother you keep it pushing there's no reason for you to stop and read. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

You're entitled to be whatever you want, but I also am entitled to clown you for it as well. :umad:

So there is no cultural appropriation since everyone can be deemed as "paying homage"?

Was she "just" paying homage as well?

tdy_guth_dolezal_150617.today-inline-vid-featured-desktop.jpg

Sounds like you've even appropriated their rhetoric as well. :ohlord:

You're a lot more like the typical Somali than you would like to admit. Only the extremes are visible to you. There's no middle-ground. If someone is not a raving and loony SJW then that necessarily means they have to be a racist and privileged oppressor.

You're entitled to be whatever you want, but I also am entitled to clown you for it as well. :umad:
Why would you compare me to Rachel Dolezal? I didn't need to tan my skin and put on a curly wig. Wow you really think that Somalis are that different from black people. Either you need glasses or a reality check.

It's cause she's native :manny: they get free passes on hating cadaans :drakekidding: If a Somali xalimo did that she would be either 1. Put in jail for 20 to life or 2. Get deported

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I punch white Canadians in the face all the time whilst proclaiming my profound hatred for them

Sometimes they're relatively perturbed sometimes they apologize and let me f*ck their wife

They're an odd bunch :manny:

But punching a Muslim or a black guy would be a hate crime? They don't need to take it that far. They just need to be fair. Clearly, this doesn't help minorities in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts