I've Fallen in Love with a Tuareg musician

His name is Kader Sabou, aka Kader Tarhanine. Born in Niger, to parents from Mali and was raised in southern Algeria. Tarhanine is one of the most popular musicians in the Tuareg music scene.

I stumbled upon him while looking for some new Tuareg music, developed a fat crush on this dude. Guitar players are so (redacted since it's Ramadan). Wish I could conduct research on him like a regular fangirl, but I don't know Arabic, French and whatever Tamashek language he speaks. :jcoleno:

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
Tuareg people are interesting. American rapper Tupac was part Tuareg. They are Berber.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
Tuareg people are interesting. American rapper Tupac was part Tuareg. They are Berber.
This is a map of where tuareg live.
I'm Surprised I've never heard of them before
1680777967491.png

His name is Kader Sabou, aka Kader Tarhanine. Born in Niger, to parents from Mali and was raised in southern Algeria. Tarhanine is one of the most popular musicians in the Tuareg music scene.

I stumbled upon him while looking for some new Tuareg music, developed a fat crush on this dude. Guitar players are so (redacted since it's Ramadan). Wish I could conduct research on him like a regular fangirl, but I don't know Arabic, French and whatever Tamashek language he speaks. :jcoleno:

You gay or something? I thought u were a fat Irish leprechaun this entire time 252-8ec6c65c6cf7.png

But jokes aside genuine question I'm asumming your a woman. How do people even develop crushes on celebrities I still don't get it. I understand finding them attractive but crushing and falling in love sounds to far fetched for me to understand.

How does it work when celebrities are basically for everyone and for the streets in most cases plus you don't really know their real selves. your developing a crush on a presented character and in your cases I'm asumming his singing/musical skills which you can't even comprehend because you don't understand his language gucciwhat.png

I understand perhaps lusting after someone or finding them attractive in this case because of there looks or something but actually crushing or falling in love seems farfetched. Maybe I don't get it because I'm a guy kanyehmm.png

@Qeelbax was also talking about falling for a random footballer or just sports guy which she didn't expose. Is this just a girl thing?

200 (26).gif

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
That's strange have you not seen images of those guys dressed in all blue head to toe with there faces covered those guys are tuareg
ohhhh, i thought they were just some Moroccans.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Well i for one i'm addicted to kaban. At times i sit comfortably while sipping on my bigays and listening to a kaban video.

You gay or something? I thought u were a fat Irish leprechaun this entire time View attachment 264812

But jokes aside genuine question I'm asumming your a woman. How do people even develop crushes on celebrities I still don't get it. I understand finding them attractive but crushing and falling in love sounds to far fetched for me to understand.

How does it work when celebrities are basically for everyone and for the streets in most cases plus you don't really know their real selves. your developing a crush on a presented character and in your cases I'm asumming his singing/musical skills which you can't even comprehend because you don't understand his language View attachment 264818

I understand perhaps lusting after someone or finding them attractive in this case because of there looks or something but actually crushing or falling in love seems farfetched. Maybe I don't get it because I'm a guy View attachment 264822

@Qeelbax was also talking about falling for a random footballer or just sports guy which she didn't expose. Is this just a girl thing?

View attachment 264823

@CALMONE20### what's your opinion on this since you reacted and well anyone else who wants to say there piece

We (women) tend to idolise celebs and we look at their interviews and gauge their personality,thus creating the fangirl phenomenon
But it's basically fake tho since everyone when put in that scenario puts up there best image or whatever is brand friendly depending on what kind of celebs they are. So in reality isn't the realisation of them being a character 90% of the time off putting?
Like don't so many crazy things come out about celebs who have been portraying themselves a certain way there whole lives to then turn out to be the opposite? But then again even serial killers and rapists have fangirls now that I think about it πŸ’€

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
But it's basically fake tho since everyone when put in that scenario puts up there best image or whatever is brand friendly depending on what kind of celebs they are. So in reality isn't the realisation of them being a character 90% of the time off putting?
Like don't so many crazy things come out about celebs who have been portraying themselves a certain way there whole lives to then turn out to be the opposite? But then again even serial killers and rapists have fangirls now that I think about it πŸ’€
But some are kind and down to earth and I guess we sense that hehe.
Oh hell no I would never stan no killer lol.

Well i for one i'm addicted to kaban. At times i sit comfortably while sipping on my bigays and listening to a kaban video.

Mate,
That was lovely, thank you for sharing. Not quite Xudeydi, or Daa'uud Cali Masxaf, or Jiim Sh Muumin, but brilliant nonetheless.

I have been wanting to learn how to play Oud. I have taken lessons in Guzheng, Sitar, and hope one day to jam to that.

* Iftar on me if you could name the tune.

I am fan of Maxamed Cabdulwahab, Farid al Adhrashs, Abu bakar Salim, and of course the late Axmed al Shaiba etc.

Garaad diinle

Mate,
That was lovely, thank you for sharing. Not quite Xudeydi, or Daa'uud Cali Masxaf, or Jiim Sh Muumin, but brilliant nonetheless.
Thanks i've been addicted to kaban/oud ever since i was little. I use to hear it in the maqaayada whenever i go for a quick snack of xalwa.

I have been wanting to learn how to play Oud. I have taken lessons in Guzheng, Sitar, and hope one day to jam to that.
Wow your a man with many facets i had to search for guzheng and i must say i was pleasantly surprised that it looked like a qanun. I can't say that i'm gifted enough to play any of them.

* Iftar on me if you could name the tune.

I am fan of Maxamed Cabdulwahab, Farid al Adhrashs, Abu bakar Salim, and of course the late Axmed al Shaiba etc.
Kkkk how generous of you walaal. I see you've got all the classics listed it sure brings back some good old fond memories. I'd say i'm on the amature side of the spectrum. I like to listen to farid al-adrash but i also do like abu bakar salim. Ahmed al-shaiba piqued my interest so i think i'll check out his work the man is talent. While we're still on the nostalgic train i'll sneak in some that came to mind. I've got wadiic el safi, tony hanna and nadim al-ghazali.

@Sorbet sorry for derailing your thread sxb.

Thanks i've been addicted to kaban/oud ever since i was little. I use to hear it in the maqaayada whenever i go for a quick snack of xalwa.

Wow your a man with many facets i had to search for guzheng and i must say i was pleasantly surprised that it looked like a qanun. I can't say that i'm gifted enough to play any of them.

Kkkk how generous of you walaal. I see you've got all the classics listed it sure brings back some good old fond memories. I'd say i'm on the amature side of the spectrum. I like to listen to farid al-adrash but i also do like abu bakar salim. Ahmed al-shaiba piqued my interest so i think i'll check out his work the man is talent. While we're still on the nostalgic train i'll sneak in some that came to mind. I've got wadiic el safi, tony hanna and nadim al-ghazali.

Wadih el safi and Tony Hanna are just..
Fx Yes GIF by Atlanta

The folks in this thread got great taste. I’m leaving with some new music recommendations in Ramadan. I was doing so well…it’s a shame.

Garaad diinle

Wadih el safi and Tony Hanna are just..
Fx Yes GIF by Atlanta

The folks in this thread got great taste. I’m leaving with some new music recommendations in Ramadan. I was doing so well…it’s a shame.
I'm not a hoarder i like to share kkkkk. These are some of what i recall currently i'm sure there are still some gold nugget hiding deep inside my memories but these three imprinted themselves on my brain. I assume you've never heard of them if so i'm glad you appreciate some good old classics of a different era i've been told that my taste is an ancient fossil kkkkk.

Last edited:

Lovely stuff. The opening of the second tune sounds Baligh Hamdi's fine work, if not heavily influenced by his work.

Mate, the fact you know of some of these heavyweights means you are a man with a fine taste.

Unfortunately Ahmed Al Shaiba had a meteoric rise at once, yet fell so quickly so soon, which speaks to the uncertainty of life.

The one contemporary Arab singer I could bear is Kathim al Sahir, the rest are just [what is the word ... ].

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

Thanks walaal but you're flattering me i'm not that knowledge in this department it's just that i grew up listening to classics from Ψ§Ω„Ψ²Ω…Ω† Ψ§Ω„Ψ¬Ω…ΩŠΩ„. I see you picked Ψ§Ω„Ω‚ΩŠΨ΅Ψ± one of the heavy weight of our time but also a gentlemen. I'm surprised his singing one of my favourite muhammed abdilwahab songs i'm actually teary in the eyes listening to it.

I can't say much about current arab singers i toned out of the music scene for a while now that being said excuse me while i'm trying to one up you i can't help it. One that comes to mind is George wassouf and while i'm at it i'll throw a curve ball of andalusian muwashshah and one from the trio Rachid Taha, Cheb Khaled and Faudel in the mix.

Last edited:

Trending