Isn't Djibouti apart of somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The British and Italians both named the island under their rule. I doubt the two right points would be pointing towards Italian Somaliland. Socotra is tiny, but it's not like any other Island. Why do you think Yemen claim it? The geographic location is perfect as well.

Djibouti was important for Somalia during 70s even the Somali government complained to UN about separation but socotra we never did, something else Saudi government requested from HSM to claim socotra in 2010, they want the island in hand of Sunni government not Shia government (Houthi ) so do not worry it will come back easily. We need to organize our country first.

Nope, Djiboutia was never part of Somalia. Its a sovereign country.

It just has majority Somali speaking population.

Djibouti has always been part of the Somali Nation and still is.

For reer Djibouti if they had one single speck of honor or pride in them they would remember ''Maxamuud Xarbi''

''He went to the colonial governor and shouted at him: “I want to be received by the people and not by the French governor”. He pushed him aside and went to the Somali crowd that was waiting for him in the far distance and delivered a historical speech wherein he said:''

“We must achieve independence; we prefer death to life under the aegis of imperialism”.

May Allaah have mercy on him.

salute_zps034e22c8.png

WTF is Somali Nation? Djibouti isn't part of Somalia. A simple Google search would you as much.

Djibouti is a colonial imposition saaxiib. Like the Jewish nation that is bigger than the Israeli state, the Somali nation too is much bigger than the Somali state (Somalia).

@Geeljire

So you want to get rid of colonial borders and use qabiil-clans instead to define boundaries?

That is going to open up a whole new issues all over Africa, not to mention 10 different new Somali states based on qabiil lines.

First of all you are not Djibouti why are you crying for? Think of ways to change your state (0.5 )in Somalia and do not worry about dijbouti
I wouldn't have cared about it if people didn't say it was part of Somalia.

No one is denying the good people Djibouti aren't Somalis, but in the legal sense, they aren't part of Somalia.

I wouldn't have cared about it if people didn't say it was part of Somalia.

No one is denying the good people Djibouti aren't Somalis, but in the legal sense, they aren't part of Somalia.

Sxb, just stop commenting. How are Djiboutians not Somali, the President is Somali. Or are you mistaking Somalis for Afar.

@Geeljire

So you want to get rid of colonial borders and use qabiil-clans instead to define boundaries?

That is going to open up a whole new issues all over Africa, not to mention 10 different new Somali states based on qabiil lines.

Not what i said. I said they are part of the larger Somali Nation which is much more than Somalia(state) which only host about 8 million of us out of 21 million in total. Logically Somali Nation is not confined to Somalia alone.

There was never any clan borders, other than the borders europeans drew.

Early 19th Century Colonialism drew borders which did not exist and threw together Somali people who would ordinarily have lived together into one Somali nation and nationality.

Are these people serious? Djibouti I'd a separate nation
Its like not like Djiboutians speak their own language or have a seperate culture from Somalis that are living in Puntland or Somaliland, you might aswell get a referendum to unite that country back to the border of somalia

waraabe

Your superior
Its like not like Djiboutians speak their own language or have a seperate culture from Somalis that are living in Puntland or Somaliland, you might aswell get a referendum to unite that country back to the border of somalia

Not good enough. What does djibouti gain from joining the union if somaliland has already left and trying to gain international recognition

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
People all over the world sacrifice their lives and shed blood for their own nation, i.e Kurds, Uyghurs, the Balkan wars, etc.

So why would Djibouti go backwards and relinquish that same sovereignty that is treasured so much?

To join a failed state?:drakewtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts