Is somali culture in danger of arabism/islamism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
They'd strangle me if I insulted Allah. But here you are calling His command 'trash-bag'.
They're were Muslims correct, but they weren't observing proper Islamic dress according to the Qur'an.

Where exactly is a Jilbab described in the Qur'an? I don't mind hair covering and even covering one's arms which are part of the traditional Islamic doctrine but Jilbabs just look classless, mate. Same goes for niqabs which are not mandated at all. Nowhere does it say in Hadiths and the Qur'an, last I checked, that a woman should only show her eyes. So yeah... They are "trash-bags" to me. Also, there's no damned need to cover up pre-pubescent girls unless you want to indoctrinate them at a young age (get them used to covering up while they're young). No one, who isn't a sicko, needs help "averting their gaze" from little girls.

Mind you, I'm not very religious and don't care if women walk around in mini-skirts but the above paragraph is just me leveling with you.

For sure, lol. This is how Somali women dressed like a hundred years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/h3cujqg

This is how they commonly dress now:

http://tinyurl.com/zo7y8dk

You can be shit sure our native culture is being (and in many ways has been) ass raped by "Arabism". Somalis are not going to be Arabized (as in become A-rabic speakers), I sincerely doubt that will happen. But us losing much of our former culture after the turbulence of the civil war and the rise of Islamism is for realz.

-----

@ Sayid: Those aren't Somalis in your profile pic, man. They're Afars. I used to think they were Somalis too, especially because one guy looks like he has a Belawe oid dagger at his hip, but I found a pic of these same guys with clear old labelings identifying them as "Danakilis". I can't find the picture right now but those guys don't look to be Somalis.
so pretty much your proof for our culture getting "ass raped" is female clothing. if they were wearing western style clothing you would be fine with it most likely,

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
so pretty much your proof for our culture getting "ass raped" is female clothing. if they were wearing western style clothing you would be fine with it most likely,

Nope, I'd be annoyed then too, bro. You messed with the wrong guy, saxiib. I didn't tell you I was a radical? I want Somali women to dress old-school or devise their own style. Anything else is ass rape indeed. Believe me, I don't like how some diasporan Somalis become Xalimos or start acting like hood niggas either. Now, that is being ass-raped by western culture.;)

But are you salty those guys in your pic are most likely Cafars? I'm sorry if I rained on your parade, bro.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Somalia(reer woqooyi) cultural clothing
:rejoice::rejoice::rejoice::rejoice::rejoice::rejoice:

Abdalle%2BSacad.png

Habar%2BJeclo%2B-%2BMusa%2BAbokar.png

fuego4.jpg

habr_wal_somalis_small.jpg

Where exactly is a Jilbab described in the Qur'an? I don't mind hair covering and even covering one's arms which are part of the traditional Islamic doctrine but Jilbabs just look classless, mate. Same goes for niqabs which are not mandated at all.Nowhere does it say in Hadiths and the Qur'an, last I checked, that a woman should only show her eyes. So yeah... They are "trash-bags" to me. Also, there's no damned need to cover up pre-pubescent girls unless you want to indoctrinate them at a young age (get them used to covering up while they're young). No one, who isn't a sicko, needs help "averting their gaze" from little girls.
They're classless according to your brainwashed westernised understanding but please stop superimposing your ignorant views as somehow 'Islamic', they aren't. The qur'an is complimented and interpreted by the ahadeeth which describe clearly what is and isn't jilbab.
Oh and yes, there are ahadeeth of women only showing their eyes, even one eye in some narrations!
Read a book before you make silly comments about something which you clearly have no knowledge about.

Is'aluu AhlaDikri Inkuntum Laa Taclamuun.

Was preeing, CBA asking Duchess for an unban, so I quickly re-registered to even the sides out.
:mjpls:
Where exactly is a Jilbab described in the Qur'an? I don't mind hair covering and even covering one's arms which are part of the traditional Islamic doctrine but Jilbabs just look classless, mate. Same goes for niqabs which are not mandated at all. Nowhere does it say in Hadiths and the Qur'an, last I checked, that a woman should only show her eyes. So yeah... They are "trash-bags" to me. Also, there's no damned need to cover up pre-pubescent girls unless you want to indoctrinate them at a young age (get them used to covering up while they're young). No one, who isn't a sicko, needs help "averting their gaze" from little girls.

Mind you, I'm not very religious and don't care if women walk around in mini-skirts but the above paragraph is just me leveling with you.

A woman can wear whatever she likes as long as it's covering her 'aura. The 'aura of a female in the Shafi'i fiqh is جميع البدن, in other words, her whole body except her palms and eyes.

Allah (SWT) does ordain that women wear jilbaab (even in the Qur'an) but jilbaab here is not a specifc type of clothing. Any long and loose-fit garment can be classed as jilbaab.

"O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their JALAABIIB close around them; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle." Qur'an 33:59.

Jalabiib is plural of jilbaab.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Nope, I'd be annoyed then too, bro. You messed with the wrong guy, saxiib. I didn't tell you I was a radical? I want Somali women to dress old-school or devise their own style. Anything else is ass rape indeed. Believe me, I don't like how some diasporan Somalis become Xalimos or start acting like hood niggas either. Now, that is being ass-raped by western culture.;)

But are you salty those guys in your pic are most likely Cafars? I'm sorry if I rained on your parade, bro.
If you truly cared about Somali culture and did not simply want to show off to white people whilst you live in their country, you'd be caring about developing and rebuilding your country.

If you truly cared about Somali culture and did not simply want to show off to white people whilst you live in their country, you'd be caring about developing and rebuilding your country.
Developing? They want us to revert to fashions of 100 years ago! I don't think development is anywhere on their priority list somehow.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Oh and yes, there are ahadeeth of women only showing their eyes, even one eye in some narrations!

Why didn't you just share them (reliable Hadiths that say what you're claiming) instead of proclaiming that they exist? But whatever you say, bro. I don't care about making things sound Islamic. Like I said - not very religious. This stuff is less believable than Qabiil myths. But anyway, this thread stopped being interesting. No interest in discussing anything with some guys who are to busy being 3abds (slaves) under 3arab (that's exactly how your brothers within the Ummah see you, by the way). Don't expect prior replies or check-ins from me. ;)

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Developing? They want us to revert to fashions of 100 years ago! I don't think development is anywhere on their priority list somehow.
Who cares about "fashion" when there are foreign troops in your land, al-Shabab gaining territory, Somalis going through famine and most of our institutions collapsed after the civil war?

What is wrong with these people and what world do they live in?

Why didn't you just share them (reliable Hadiths that say what you're claiming) instead of proclaiming that they exist? But whatever you say, bro. I don't care about making things sound Islamic. Like I said - not very religious. This stuff is less believable than Qabiil myths. But anyway, this thread stopped being interesting. No interest in discussing anything with some guys who are to busy being 3abds (slaves) under 3arab (that's exactly how your brothers within the Ummah see you, by the way). Don't expect prior replies or check-ins from me. ;)
I'm not a Bro [emoji6]
I'll gladly post those ahadeeth [emoji4]
If you aren't a practicing Muslim it looks really silly for you to be trying to keep making an 'islamic' argument. Just admit it that your 'god' is nationalism. Leave Islam out of it.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

I live in Saudi Arabia and still have a Somali passport. I was born in Riyadh and was raised there. Not some dumb western diasporan like the lot of you. I'd never go to disgusting "white" people and prostrate myself before them and swear allegiance to their retarded countries. Plus, you can't have housemaids in the west... f*ck that.

is this ass rape? this is how alot of locals dress , if we start picking on clothing we will see how stupid things get :mjlol:cultures share from eachother. macawis = south east asian origins, those shirts = western origins.
12717003_1108461672519022_1746533200_n.jpg

Who cares about "fashion" when there are foreign troops in your land, al-Shabab gaining territory, Somalis going through famine and most of our institutions collapsed after the civil war?

What is wrong with these people and what world do they live in?
They want to convert is to their new found religion of nationalism and culture worship.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
is this ass rape? this is how alot of locals dress , if we start picking on clothing we will see how stupid things get :mjlol:cultures share from eachother. macawis = south east asian origins, those shirts = western origins.
12717003_1108461672519022_1746533200_n.jpg

Mate, I was trolling you. Don't take shit too seriously. I troll with like 60% of my post. The Macaawiis is nice, frankly. If you'd like to know. I just don't like Jilbabs and Niqabs. If you don't like that - whatever.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
They want to convert is to their new found religion of nationalism and culture worship.

Lol, come live in Saudi and see true Islam. You'll love Islam after that, I'm sure. Truth is, living in a very fundamentalist country is what made me dislike the religion, not the west. I'd say I dislike whites more than any of you do.

No interest in discussing anything with some guys who are to busy being 3abds (slaves) under 3arab (that's exactly how your brothers within the Ummah see you, by the way).
Are you speaking from experience?:lolbron:

Don't worry, not all Muslims are like this; and racism in of itself has nothing to do with Islam.
:ivers:

Lol, come live in Saudi and see true Islam. You'll love Islam after that, I'm sure. Truth is, living in a very fundamentalist country is what made me dislike the religion, not the west. I'd say I dislike whites more than any of you do.
So you dislike Islam. At least you're being honest. Now stop blaming others for your choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending