Interesting study about fresh water, Solar Still tested in Budunbuto, Puntland, Somalia with positive results!

I found myself immersed in a hydrological study exploring the viability of utilizing a solar still to partially address the scarcity of fresh water in vulnerable regions.

A solar still appears to be a zero-electricity device that harnesses sunlight through a glass surface and utilizes gravity to transform rainwater into potable freshwater.

While impractical for high-density urban areas, it proves to be an affordable and easily replicable solution that could significantly enhance fresh water availability in rural Somalia.

Honestly, it appears to be the type of innovation that could be implemented by army soldiers in and around their bases for local use, fostering trust in the federal government.

Have a look!

Attachments

• still.JPG
    still.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 48
Considering Somalia's urgent need to construct extensive reservoirs for capturing rainwater to combat dehydration and famine, it makes perfect sense to incorporate a glass top to simultaneously purify the collected water. In the worst-case scenario, even untreated rainwater can serve as a backup resource if time constraints prevent the purification of all the water. It's a pragmatic and potentially transformative approach to addressing multiple pressing issues simultaneously.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I found myself immersed in a hydrological study exploring the viability of utilizing a solar still to partially address the scarcity of fresh water in vulnerable regions.

A solar still appears to be a zero-electricity device that harnesses sunlight through a glass surface and utilizes gravity to transform rainwater into potable freshwater.

While impractical for high-density urban areas, it proves to be an affordable and easily replicable solution that could significantly enhance fresh water availability in rural Somalia.

Honestly, it appears to be the type of innovation that could be implemented by army soldiers in and around their bases for local use, fostering trust in the federal government.

Have a look!
I think if solar thermal plant like this one below is much useful than this.
The scale should based on the capital you have.
1708100220819.png

I think if solar thermal plant like this one below is much useful than this.
The scale should based on the capital you have.
View attachment 316379
Yeah, this is like a backup plan, not the main way to get water. The study says it's for small rural areas far from big cities.

All you need is some tarp, a shovel, PVC pipes, and a few guys working for a day.

But the main way for Somalia to get water should still be focusing on digging and getting water from under the ground.

Talking about solar is important too, but for the long term, we'll need big solar farms. The challenge is figuring out how to have electricity at night. That's why we might have to build natural gas or even coal plants for times when the sun isn't producing enough energy. The amount of the latter we need is a fraction of the solars need, because it'll be functioning mostly at night.

Trending