In Somaliland, women are being raped as a result of extreme drought and lack of support

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tens of thousands of people have been displaced as a direct result of the Horn of Africa’s ongoing unprecedented drought. But it is women and young mothers who are bearing the brunt.

When women arrive in the capital they find themselves cast to the margins, in hostile environments with few employment opportunities. While men have found it possible to find jobs in the city, the multitude of dangers the drought has exposed women to – from sexual assaults, to illegal land grabbing, to lack of sanitary facilities – clearly demonstrates that it is the women who are bearing the brunt of the drought and its consequences."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...alia-refugees-rape-miscarriages-a7586471.html

Shameful:kodaksmiley:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
These NGO's are utterly despicable, publishing fake news to get funding from the UN!

Farmaajo should just send the feeds in Woqooyi land and arrest these rapists, SL government are ofcourse not gonna do anything about this

i reiterate..somali males, address your rape culture. you can't keep ignoring this and pretending it isn't happening. Fight against it and condemn this heinous act.

Hundreds of rapes occur everyday over there, with or without a drought.

The NGO's intentions are fake. They are saying this for more money.

No more money for fat NGO workers and their 5 star lifestyles.

Working for an NGO in Africa is a very shameful job. It's better to be a human trafficker or drug dealer than a NGO worker. People should look down on NGO workers

I'm so sick and tired of poor girls being ripped into shreds over rape and the aftermaths. I can't even begin to fathom how somebody could be so cruel to do this and live with themself afterwords. Even more shameful when it's a Somali doing this despicable act. I expect so much more from our own people.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Hundreds of rapes occur everyday over there, with or without a drought.

The NGO's intentions are fake. They are saying this for more money.

No more money for fat NGO workers and their 5 star lifestyles.

Working for an NGO in Africa is a very shameful job. It's better to be a human trafficker or drug dealer than a NGO worker. People should look down on NGO workers

I actually agree with you :dzmxmmb:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Rape is rape it happens everywhere why are you guys suddenly surprised that somalis do it too.Disclaimer(This comment is not intended in any way,shape or form to normalize rape)

Look here please.
I'm so sick and tired of poor girls being ripped into shreds over rape and the aftermaths. I can't even begin to fathom how somebody could be so cruel to do this and live with themself afterwords. Even more shameful when it's a Somali doing this despicable act. I expect so much more from our own people.
Bye.​
giphy.gif

Remember this quote next time you join the SL flag :comeon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts