I'm glad the height of Somali civil war didn't happen around now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many Somali civil war videos showing executions and human rights abuses exist.

Imagine we had a video collection like that of Syria.

The war would have been much more harder to forget about. It would always open old wounds with the clannist Somalis. They would want to get even but no one would ever get even because it would keep going.

I'm also glad we don't have accurate numbers of dead or wounded. Or how many houses were squatted. Or how much clan land was stolen.

We need as little information as possible about this civil war.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
What's the worst civil war story you heard? Would be interesting to know what people have to say...

Heard once that the USC fighters drowned a ship of escapees near Kismayo, killing something like 500 people. Damn my HG posse were criminals back in the day

The worst personal one I heard was my first cousin as young boy witnessing his brother killed in front of him from a distance by an RPG.

That incident made him become mentally ill about a few years later and he still is to this day. He's in his early 30s now.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Mad max style Rahanweyn isbaaros on the highway from Mogadishu to Baydhabo where they killed people in the cruelest of fashions, driving nails through peoples' skulls and shit.

USC raping reer xamar women in masjids after massacring the men. Also forcing fathers to have sex with their daughters and killing them both.

Another famous story where they held up a convoy and when a nigga tried to argue the lieutenant said lets go talk to my boss and they took him to a little shack with a decaying corpse :lol:

Another famous story where they held up a convoy and when a nigga tried to argue the lieutenant said lets go talk to my boss and they took him to a little shack with a decaying corpse :lol:

I heard that too. The corpse had his arm raised towards his face and a cigarette in his mouth as if he was smoking. He was wearing sunglasses.

The man was allegedly arguing about the isbaaro fee.

Apollo

VIP
As if people would care about a bunch of Africans slaughtering each other.

South Sudan is currently in a civil war close to the level of Somalia of the 90s and nobody gives a shit. People generally don't care about petty African wars.

All we have unsubstantiated stories of the civil war for the most part. Not much evidence.

We don't even know if AY being slapped by Gabre in Villa Somalia is even true and that allegedly happened like 10 years ago.

This is good for us

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
All we have unsubstantiated stories of the civil war for the most part. Not much evidence.

We don't even know if AY being slapped by Gabre in Villa Somalia is even true and that allegedly happened like 10 years ago.

This is good for us

The story about people nailing refugees in Bay&Bakool is true. It happened to some from Gedo who were fleeing Mogadishu along the Mogadishu-Baydhabo-Luuq road. Reer Bay like to portray themselves as innocent, but they were nailing people in the head in mid January before Reer Gedo had done anything to them.

The story that stuck with me all these years is that of a man from my subclan, Omar Mohamud MJ, who was married to an Abgaal lady. He had heard that the government was about to leave Mogadishu the next day and had put his wife and kids in the station wagon. The woman's brother had heard that they were leaving and shot his brother in law as he was about to get into the car. Funny thing was, the guy had been part of Kulmis and hated the government. His brother in law knew this but still killed him.

The story about people nailing refugees in Bay&Bakool is true. It happened to some from Gedo who were fleeing Mogadishu along the Mogadishu-Baydhabo-Luuq road. Reer Bay like to portray themselves as innocent, but they were nailing people in the head in mid January before Reer Gedo had done anything to them.

The story that stuck with me all these years is that of a man from my subclan, Omar Mohamud MJ, who was married to an Abgaal lady. He had heard that the government was about to leave Mogadishu the next day and had put his wife and kids in the station wagon. The woman's brother had heard that they were leaving and shot his brother in law as he was about to get into the car. Funny thing was, the guy had been part of Kulmis and hated the government. His brother in law knew this but still killed him.

I heard Siad Barre's men were held captive by USC and were eventually killed and fed to dogs.

i heard reer gedo folks looted all rahanwayn food storages,killed the men,raped the women and prompted the start of the greater famine of 1991,

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I heard Siad Barre's men were held captive by USC and were eventually killed and fed to dogs.

They captured Siad Barre's son during the battle of Mogadishu and let him go on grounds that he had no business with his father's shenanigans. The same men captured Cabdala Faadil the midget Arab who was in his close circle and killed him, they also executed Dhagabacaayr the Marexaan General who was caught escaping the country too.

Somalis deeply believe in a policy of aar gudasho.

Status
Not open for further replies.