HSM Constitutional Reform Is Just An Extension Or Re-election Stunt

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I met with some Somalis who have behind the scene intel and this constitutional reform is for two plausible personal reasons. 1. HSM wants to get an extension post 2026 and argue the HSM govt needs more time to finish multiparty and 1m1v.

The 2nd plausible reason is the current constitution doesn't allow a president to hold office for more then two terms so he knows he is on his last term and wants to create a two party system and eliminate the president/pm executive for a presidential and VP executive.

This is quite dangerous whenever 2 years are remaining for presidents they all start either national security disasters and wars or begin changing constitution to fit their personal interests. Somalis are fed up with these shenanigans whenever 2 years remains for any leader they create new jambals that can see themselves re elected or at the very least get a 2 year extension.

If this is given any parliamentary backing then the parliament itself will lose legitimacy and be seen as a kangaroo court and the whole federal republic including the courts, executive, parliament may revert to a banana republic status. If one man interest can over ride a parliament that parliament is no longer a separate and independent institution and is really a sub agency of the executive.

Siyad barre tried centralism and giving the executive full powers over every state organ such as parliament and courts and he had the strongest army in Africa and he failed. A weak HSM and a country under the UN chapter 7 status internationally attempting to become a new siyad barre is really embarassing and shows how low class ojr political acumen and class is.

There you go when you elect NGO Slumlords as president. He was only elected on the ground he is a devil the elites knew he would fail and replacing him in 2026 is far easier then backing a leader who the civilians love.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Everything a politician does is a stunt to be reelected. The issue is whether that stunt is beneficial or not and honestly the constitution needs to get finished. The sooner these old men get their head in gear the better for all of us.

Hsm played the tribal card to get into xamar. He think he now controls Xamar and can do what he wants even if it means splitting somalia he only cares about xamar.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Everything a politician does is a stunt to be reelected. The issue is whether that stunt is beneficial or not and honestly the constitution needs to get finished. The sooner these old men get their head in gear the better for all of us.
This is only the tip of the ice berg and which is whhy i repeatedly say that democracy in a country as failed as somalia will not work. Too much bearacracy and presidents trying to get another term. I understand that this isnt all leaders, but most of them are and dont provide the full benefit they can to the people. What has HSM done so far that hes actually sought after doing and not just handed to him because of time

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
What have these politicians done other then holding a meeting in garowe every other week, to me it dosent seem like double chin deni is doing much but seeking another relection aswell. The only place where benefit truly happens is on a local scale. these state and national presidents are Useless

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
This is only the tip of the ice berg and which is whhy i repeatedly say that democracy in a country as failed as somalia will not work. Too much bearacracy and presidents trying to get another term. I understand that this isnt all leaders, but most of them are and dont provide the full benefit they can to the people. What has HSM done so far that hes actually sought after doing and not just handed to him because of time
You're right. It would've been best if he simply kept his mouth shut and focused on the war with shabaab. If he could put a significant dent in that he could ride that achievement into whatever he wants. However he seems all over the place, trying to wear too many hats.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

I agree bro Somalis are not ready for democracy as they are a failed ummah and any democracy for these failed people will lead to a failed democracy. I even argue the global south(who are far ahead of us) are not ready nor ripe for democracies untill education progress and economic independence is achieved. To think and vote on ideas isnt possible when that population is severely un educated as they will.vote on ethnic, sectarian, tribal grounds because that's all they know due to lack of education and that won't be a pure democracy on ideas but identity politics. Even if that democracy is working it won't be a pure democracy but a weak identity politics democracy or democracy in name only and there is democracy index all democracies are graded on and we will be the lowest and we will be the laughing stock as ppl use somali democracy as an example of how not to be.

Even financial independence is needed so the.masses don't rely on group cohesion and are financially independent and they can cover their basics such.as home, food, utilities, education, and have savings or investments.

@Abaq has come across ideologically to support neo traditionalism im not sure if puntitequeen has or if she supports jumping on the current geopolitical flavor of the day like we did with commie era or as we did with the republic era of the independence govt.

But please do note the neotraditional camp is a very small.camp on the fringes of the somali political.landscape as most want to.copy the geopolitical powers of the day and their systems just like we did in the 60s republic era and commy era and got a failed state so by copying today's geopolitical flavor is also going to end up in the same failed state outcomes.

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
I think HSM cutting losses on puntland and somaliland. 30 yrs since civil war constitution over due

Puntland made mistake not cutting ties long time ago like somaliland. No one threatens somaliland to come to table.west ensures they get their share of aid. Whereas it’s being used as leverage against puntland to bring them to negotiation table and they get scolded by west and fgs for not participating.
1711300715711.png

Trending

Latest posts