How to learn somali ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Invest your time and energy into better things

tumblr_onl1v5nZCP1ut6yz1o1_500.jpg

Hi,
I' french-somali (french father, djiboutian mother), and i would like to learn to speak somali. Do you have advides, methods for me ?
(Sorry mi english is not so good
1482000512-onsecalmerisitas.png
)

Welcome, although I don't consider you Somali due to you not having a qabil and since your half-Somali, and not a full-ethnic Somali, but it's nice to see a half-Somali learning half of his culture and roots :salute:

To learn Somali better, try to speak it to Somali people around you. YouTube will help, but the best way is to practice it, is by speaking it in public. That's the best way to grasp the language.

Last edited:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
I do :birdman: I admit that I do make some mistakes from not using the language in a while, but it's easy to tell if someone used google translate :birdman:

J'ai une autre... j'rigole :pachah1:

Non, mais honnêtement, c'est vraiment utile de parler avec quelqu'un qui vont te corriger si tu fais des erreurs, mais je comprends que tu veux maitriser les bases en premier..est-ce que tu parles avec ta mere en Somali du tout?

En fait, je pense qu'il y a quelques sites qui aident avec l'apprentissage, comme http://ilanguages.org/somali.php

Dude wants to learn Somali, so you refer him to cadaan who barely speaks the language :what:

Welcome, although I don't consider you Somali due to you not having a qabil and since your half-Somali, and not a full-ethnic Somali, but it's nice to see a half-Somali learning half of his culture and roots :salute:

To learn Somali better, try to speak it to Somali people around you. YouTube will help, but the best way is to practice it, is by speaking it in public. That's the best way to grasp the language.

I'm not "half". I'm a somali AND a french since i've the two bloods. The qabil system can't erase my identity.
Anyway, i know my lineage from my maternel grandfather and my ancestors, and i concider myself an Issa.

Problem ?
1481665326-pnl2.png

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Hi,
I' french-somali (french father, djiboutian mother), and i would like to learn to speak somali. Do you have advides, methods for me ?
(Sorry mi english is not so good
1482000512-onsecalmerisitas.png
)
Learn English first before you hop onto a soon to be dead language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending