How strict are/were your parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Both parents were extremely stricted to me and my sister but treated my younger brother like he was nonexistent. They've relaxed on their rules after learning that my younger sister was a huge sports nerd. She would stay out late at night playing whatever sports with her friends. I just ended up laying on my bed for the past 21 years... It's what they wanted though.
:deadmanny: Some Disney shit.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
No wonder most of you have issues and probably have mommy issues. Now I understand.

My dad was laid back and my mom was the disciplinary parent but she was never strict.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
Both my parents was laid back.. There was rules but my parents were not strict at all.

Prototype

Heads high
I was raised by my grandmother and she was very strict. Wasn't allowed to go out at night unless I had to. There was also no such thing as girls.

On the plus side. I did really well in school

my mum was pretty strict, i attribute my academic success to her
dad was focused on work only, loves his taxi

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
My brothers and I were treated the same way. Both of my parents were on the same page when it comes to disciplining which was my house my rules and if you are not going obey it you are more then welcome to leave. No buuq no qaylo.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
My parents very moderate and chill, I never had problem coming home late. Everyone busy with their own task.

My mom is mad chill, but she wont accept lazy people and not taking you´re future seriously. As long as did what she told me, i could come home whenever i wanted. But i remember when she found a Bacardi bottle in my room, i thought she gonna lay me :deadpeter: but she just told me she was disappointed. But she is relaxed with me chilling with girls and finding condoms. i know she dont like it but it won´t help telling me anything else.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
My dad was strict in a weird sense. Like I was allowed to go on a week long school trip to Prague at 14 even though he knew Czech Republic is full of prostitutes and all kind of sex orgies. But then he was very anal about what time I had to be home on week days.

My dad was strict in a weird sense. Like I was allowed to go on a week long school trip to Prague at 14 even though he knew Czech Republic is full of prostitutes and all kind of sex orgies. But then he was very anal about what time I could come home on week days.
Maybe your father sensed the 'prostitutenimo' running through your veins?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Both parents were extremely stricted to me and my sister but treated my younger brother like he was nonexistent. They've relaxed on their rules after learning that my younger sister was a huge sports nerd. She would stay out late at night playing whatever sports with her friends. I just ended up laying on my bed for the past 21 years... It's what they wanted though.

Somali parents are stuck between old country mentality and having to adapt to the West.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
My dad was strict when i was young but when I became a teenager he became less strict, even told me to be careful in africa and not touch any girls or wear condoms. My mother is miskeen I've always been able to do what I want. Hoyoo :it0tdo8:

ironclad urchin

SHAAHSHAAHSHAAH.
tbh my dad is a lot more strict than my mom. one day he showed up to school being overdramtic bc one of the neighbors said their kids and i were at school for an afternoon movie thingy and he got pissed. hes done it before at an actual amc but we found out early enough and waited for him at the parking lot to avoid the embarrassment. all this and he boasts about how he used to love going to the movies with his friends in somali. he wont let us get piercings and even tho my sis owns a cat while living in her own place, he chides her for it (and if they come over he kicks the cat around muttering something about shes a jinn) you would think someone who read tolkien when he was 13 years old wouldnt be superstitious...

my mom is honestly super cool about a lot of things but for some things shes strangely harsh and strict.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
tbh my dad is a lot more strict than my mom. one day he showed up to school being overdramtic bc one of the neighbors said their kids and i were at school for an afternoon movie thingy and he got pissed. hes done it before at an actual amc but we found out early enough and waited for him at the parking lot to avoid the embarrassment. all this and he boasts about how he used to love going to the movies with his friends in somali. he wont let us get piercings and even tho my sis owns a cat while living in her own place, he chides her for it (and if they come over he kicks the cat around muttering something about shes a jinn) you would think someone who read tolkien when he was 13 years old wouldnt be superstitious...

my mom is honestly super cool about a lot of things but for some things shes strangely harsh and strict.

I think that explains the rebel attitude you give off in your posts no offence lol

I can't speak for women but as a man i can see why fathers are overly strict. They've probably seen some mad shit in their day and don't want the same happening to their kids. Tell him to relax and not be overly paranoid, tell him it's gonna be ok and where you're going beforehand. Half the trouble is the secrecy in what we do that parents don't like, as they say wax la qariyo qurun aa kujidho

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
My parents were laid back and never differentiated between my brothers and I. I don't remember ever having a curfew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending