How do they still remember us?

So I was walking down Nikolskaya Street it has one of the best coffee shops in the city and not too far from the Red Square and I entered and ordered a drink right? I come outside and stand there sipping at my coffee before heading towards Lubyanka Square and when I reach there this lady in a wheelchair asked her son to push her near me and she asked me if I am Somali. I turned and I told her "Yes I am" She responded "My Husband worked as a junior trainer at Frunze Military Academy and he met a few Somalis there and he even brought one home for dinner. She told me that all the ones she met had good manners, she also told me how it was sad to see the state of the country currently. We kept talking about the relationship between the USSR and Somalia. I started cursing about how the USSR switched sides during the middle of the war. The topic eventually switched to the SMO and I found out her oldest son had volunteered for service and had died from a HIMARS attack on a command post. I bought some flowers and all three of us left them to rest at the eternal flame. She noted how during the 1977 war or Afghanistan "normal Russians never know what goes on there" *She motioned to the Kremlin's direction. We eventually parted ways, it had been almost two hours of discussion and I was so surprised someone remembered Somalis here in Russia.

Waa yaab cadthi.
Why are you in Russia didn’t all western countries ban thier citizens to go there did u tahrib to Russia 😂

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
Lool.. How's life as a black man in Russia, heard niggaz get jumped by skinheads on the street if you are not careful?
I wear my embassy badge wherever I go so people just shrug when they see me. You'd be surprised at how open minded the youth are there.

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
But why Russia why did u go there?
I work at the Somali Embassy as Foreign Service Officer. It's quite calm, there was one exception during Sochi 2019 when Faarmajo came and other African HOSs. The stress was unimaginable, my shining moment? When I met Vladimir Putin...I didn't meet him but he waved to me.
Nervous GIF by Big Brother

Trending