How come Xalimos from the diaspora can't cook Somali food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
When I lived in London, I vividly remember dating this specific Xalimo. She was a sweet girl, very nice personality and MashaAllah, she was blessed physically. So in the date, as we're digging in to our dinner, I posed the question of, "Can you cook?"

She didn't give me a straight answer, from what i can remember. She promptly brought up, the cooking skills of her sister and mother, which I found odd, I was asking about her cooking ability, if such a thing exists, not about her family's cooking. Then, I sensing she doesn't want to tell me, changed the subject. Then, about 20 minutes later, she tell me, "we can get take always and buy ready made meals".......i could not believe what she had just said. I was utterly aghast at her audacity, to say that. The relationship, didn't work, and we ended on good terms, I wish her all the best in life.

There are unfortunately, a considerable amount of Xalimos, that can't cook to save their lives. But, it's unfair to laugh and dislike them for it. They can always learn. I've noticed, of the women and girls who don't know how to cook, are ones that were born in the West, or grew up here from a very young age. All the women, I've met and know, that came to the West past their teen years, all know how to not only cook, anything and everything, but they're also veey well cultured. So i think, living your whole life in the West, with hoyo doing all the cooking, and getting take aways, has removed the must and drive, for Xalimos to know how to cook.

It pisses me off that xalimos from the diaspora (Canada, US, Reer Europe) can't cook Somali food :noneck:

They can't even make something simple as Canjeero/Canjeelo or Malawax :noneck:

The xalimos I've dated only 1/4 of them could cook :noneck:

When you confront them about it they get mad and say "Cook it yourself if you want bajiye or sambuusa :noneck:"

"Go to (insert Somali restaurant) if you want hilib ari iyo baris :noneck:"

"Ewww Shaah is disgusting :noneck:"

What the f*ck is going on? It should be a basic requirement for xalimos from the diaspora to know how to make Somali food :noneck:

I'm seriously considering marrying some xalimo from my tuulo, I love my xalimos from the West but damn, I might have to reconsider :noneck:
Digniin!!!Somali food is unhealthy.iskadhaaf hadi kale caloshada baa gaari gacan ku qaadi dhontaa.im warning you!

The man's role is to help raise the kids, provide financial support, help his wife with chores, and satisfy the wife's needs.

The woman's role is to cook and clean, help raise the kids, and work if she wants too....

Wait so are you saying a man
Can support a whole household
On one income?

If that's the case I'd gladly cook
And clean.:trumpsmirk:

But the reality is far different,
2 incomes are needed so her
Cooking And cleaning -
Well that would be a
shared thing :hillarybiz:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Everyone, man or woman should know how to make their cultural dishes :gucciwhat:. If you are over 18 years old and don't know how to cook someone failed you in your life

Until I can afford a maid I have to cook for myself, so I know all my fav yummy Somali dishes :banderas:

I don't know about somali food anymore...

every somali is either fat, never the strong fat but weak and disproportionate, or skinny, but never healthy skinny but faint all over town because of anemia skinny

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don't know about somali food anymore...

every somali is either fat, never the strong fat but weak and disproportionate, or skinny, but never healthy skinny but faint all over town because of anemia skinny

If you can Cook you can make healthy options But if you cant and only rely on the xaliimo and worse only Cook authentic Somali food filled with oil,flour and just carbs

Its no wonder many are out of shape

If you can Cook you can make healthy options But if you cant and only rely on the xaliimo and worse only Cook authentic Somali food filled with oil,flour and just carbs

Its no wonder many are out of shape
Yeah I hate to say it but a lot of authentic somali food just isnt sustainable for the sedentary western lifestyle maybe its ok for Nomads

When I lived in London, I vividly remember dating this specific Xalimo. She was a sweet girl, very nice personality and MashaAllah, she was blessed physically. So in the date, as we're digging in to our dinner, I posed the question of, "Can you cook?"

She didn't give me a straight answer, from what i can remember. She promptly brought up, the cooking skills of her sister and mother, which I found odd, I was asking about her cooking ability, if such a thing exists, not about her family's cooking. Then, I sensing she doesn't want to tell me, changed the subject. Then, about 20 minutes later, she tell me, "we can get take always and buy ready made meals".......i could not believe what she had just said. I was utterly aghast at her audacity, to say that. The relationship, didn't work, and we ended on good terms, I wish her all the best in life.

There are unfortunately, a considerable amount of Xalimos, that can't cook to save their lives. But, it's unfair to laugh and dislike them for it. They can always learn. I've noticed, of the women and girls who don't know how to cook, are ones that were born in the West, or grew up here from a very young age. All the women, I've met and know, that came to the West past their teen years, all know how to not only cook, anything and everything, but they're also veey well cultured. So i think, living your whole life in the West, with hoyo doing all the cooking, and getting take aways, has removed the must and drive, for Xalimos to know how to cook.

They're all like that, only a few can cook....

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
Oh hell no!

Listen waryaa. When Somali women were being created, Allah swt didn't create us to be your servants. Serve your damn self. And while you're at it, bring me a cup of shaax with loads of cinnamon, powdered ginger and no sugar.
Mutual satisfaction macanto.
You do me, I do you.
:russsmug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending