HELP.

i saw a vid of Dr. Shabir Ally of him saying that when you raid a land you can capture the women as booty, the interviewer was shocked by this answer
No I’m pretty sure that’s wrong (my opinion/ conclusion). In saying that I would highly recommend you do your own research and come to your own conclusion sxb.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I’m not an Islamic scholar, so I’m differently not here to give you a lesson on Islamic scriptures, but I do classify myself as a student of knowledge. And I do know for a fact that forcing one’s self upon anyone, let alone a concubine is strictly forbidden. Now has that ruling always been followed by man ? Differently not. The Prophet (saw) said (paraphrasing here) that if you hit a concubine (even a slight tap), then she must been freed. There are narrations of some of the Sahaba punishing men for partaking in this very act. I think we can all agree that grape is a lot worse then smacking someone. So wouldn’t logic also dictate that grape is also haram. What man engages in and what the Islamic scriptures say’s cannot be equated as the same. If you wish to know more information on this matter, I would suggest you listen to Dr Omar Suleiman lectures on YouTube.

Last edited:
I’m not an Islamic scholar, so I’m differently not here to give you a lesson on Islamic scriptures, but I do classify myself as a student of knowledge. And I do know for a fact that forcing one’s self upon anyone, let alone a concubine is strictly forbidden. Now has that ruling always been followed by man ? Differently not. The Prophet (saw) said (paraphrasing here) that if you hit a concubine (even a slight tap), then she must been freed. There are narrations of some of the Sahaba punishing men for partaking in this very act. I think we can all agree that grape is a lot worse then smacking someone. So wouldn’t logic also dictate that grape is also haram. What man engages in and what the Islamic scriptures say’s cannot be equated as the same. If you wish to know more information on this matter, I would suggest you listen to Dr Omar Suleiman lectures on YouTube.

@Sup

This should give you an indication of why I wrote what I did and that a lot of what many people argue here simply isn’t factual based on historical views founded by some scholars of old.

Last edited:
Abayo,
There are those who use Islam for their own political gain, or for their own benefit. Trying to distort the Deen to fool the masses, those men are among the hypocrites, and they will receive their just punishment from their Lord.

Last edited:
@Sup

This should give you an indication of why I wrote what I did and that a lot of what many people argue here simply isn’t factual based on historical views found by many scholars of old.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Wow,
Struggled to read all that. These hadiths that the author quoted, are there any proof that they are authentic ? Also I did some digging on the owner of that site, seems like he partakes in the Wahabi school of thought. I’m going to do more research into this, I have my doubts about what I just read.

Wow,
Struggled to read all that. These hadiths that the author quoted, are there any proof that they are authentic ? Also I did some digging on the owner of that site, seems like he partakes in the Wahabi school of thought. I’m going to do more research into this, I have my doubts about what I just read.
no such thing as a "wahhabi" school of thought akh. it's not a madhab. Al-Wahhaab is one of the names of Allah. People use "wahhabi" to insult those who follow the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd-Al-Wahhaab.

a figure I myself do not know much about. But, many scholars I trust have praised him.

Wow,
Wallahi, don’t even bother. There are better things to learn that will boost our imaan. I only showed you this to see why I said what I said.

I can’t be asked with this topic and life is short. Pray your Salahs, be dutiful to your parents, be kind to your neighbors and strangers and be compassionate and loving to your wife. Read the Quraan, strengthen your aqeedah and that’s it. No point delving into something that doesn’t exist, now that I’m thinking about it.

@Sup

This should give you an indication of why I wrote what I did and that a lot of what many people argue here simply isn’t factual based on historical views founded by some scholars of old.
to be fair. they dodge the question. While it is true that a wife/concubine may not refuse(there many wisdoms for this) this does not mean that oone may force themselves upon them.

no clue why they didnt answer that part of the question

I've noticed that many young Muslims face the same issue as you do. I believe it's because you learn about these things as you get older and encounter them on the internet. If you were taught about this as a child, you wouldn't see it as something significant.

@Sup

Also, one could possibly even argue that from their answer it can be extrapolated that it is not allowed to force yourself upon her. Their answers are stuff like "admonish her, forfeit maintenance and clothing(rights of the wife as she refused a right of her husband), beat her(in the islamic manner that does not cause harm, like with a miswak)"

they never state "you may force yourself upon her if she refuses" which they probably would have done if there was clear proof of this

Also, one could possibly even argue that from their answer it can be extrapolated that it is not allowed to force yourself upon her. Their answers are stuff like "admonish her, forfeit maintenance and clothing(rights of the wife as she refused a right of her husband), beat her(in the islamic manner that does not cause harm, like with a miswak)"

they never state "you may force yourself upon her if she refuses" which they probably would have done if there was clear proof of this

no such thing as a "wahhabi" school of thought akh. it's not a madhab. Al-Wahhaab is one of the names of Allah. People use "wahhabi" to insult those who follow the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abd-Al-Wahhaab.

a figure I myself do not know much about. But, many scholars I trust have praised him.
Technically we can call it a school of thought since he introduced a strict literal following of early Islamic sources and rejected "innovations"

Also Saudi Arabia has played a significant role in promoting Wahhabi teachings through educational programs and scholarships

That's easy one.
Just look at what the evil jews are doing to Palestinian women, raping them, and taking pictures with their underwear as trophies. The sex slavery issue was the first thing that threw me off but as I got older, I realized gaalo people do much worse things to Muslim people when they win.

Rape has always been and always be used by men as a form of warfare. Since it won't stop, I think what Islam did which is to allow Muslim men to take concubines, who they have to support financially btw, trumps indiscriminate rape of children and the old like the gaalo do it. Because at least, there's some form of commitment to these women where as mass gang rape like the gaalo soldiers do is 200X worse.

Technically we can call it a school of thought since he introduced a strict literal following of early Islamic sources and rejected "innovations"

Also Saudi Arabia has played a significant role in promoting Wahhabi teachings through educational programs and scholarships
I wouldn't agree but there is nothing wrong with what you said and forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems like ur critical of that while this is how it should be no? rejecting innovations and following islam as the salaf did?

View attachment 328249

Also does not mention forcing oneself upon them unless the Arabic is different and my translation is wrong no?

it even mentions that it must be permitted by Sharia and we know about the perfect ways Allah has prescribed one should handle their slaves

A wife actually wants to be married and if she doesn’t, she can get a divorce.

That's easy one.
Just look at what the evil jews are doing to Palestinian women, raping them, and taking pictures with their underwear as trophies. The sex slavery issue was the first thing that threw me off but as I got older, I realized gaalo people do much worse things to Muslim people when they win.

Rape has always been and always be used by men as a form of warfare. Since it won't stop, I think what Islam did which is to allow Muslim men to take concubines, who they have to support financially btw, trumps indiscriminate rape of children and the old like the gaalo do it. Because at least, there's some form of commitment to these women where as mass gang rape like the gaalo soldiers do is 200X worse.
yep, rape and (wrongly done) slavery are among the ugly realities of war a lot of ppl dont realize due to the life in the west in the 21st century.

makes me think of a story of Americans in vietnam who took ''a teen" girl(according to wikipedia she was 21 but I trust the podcast I listened to more ngl) and the entire squadron took turns raping her except one guy. which happened literally less than a century ago.

or the dirty photos that appeared of what the americans were doing in iraq of torture like this person who was told if he moved or fell off the block he'd be electrocuted. the americans saw this as ''entertainment''

1715255784412.png

Last edited: