Have you ever been confused for a different ethnicity? If so, what ethnicity were you mistaken for?

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
I am afraid so, which is a bit disheartening esp. being so excited to go home to the old country only to be told: you are anjabi, and even when I speak Somali, they would say: "who taught you Somali? "

In Tower Hamlet, with my Bangoli mates, I was technically one of them.
Are you full somali ?doubt you are cadcad or even half

I get mistaken for Habesha very often, Ethiopian people always come up to me speaking their language. Even other Somali people sometimes think I am Ethiopian too
:mjcry:

I’ve also gotten Yemeni and North Sudanese. Used to be mistaken for Guyanese and Trinidadian sometimes when I lived in Toronto.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Ethiopian, White/Black.
Dominican or puerto rican, this is when I didn’t wear hijab.
When I was in the UK this madhow cashier asked me if I was a lander?
:gucciwhat: :mjlol:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I'm too Somali to be mistaken for anything that isn't Somali.
Same with me. 99% of the time they know I’m Somali, rarely do I get mistaken as something else. It’s only when I moved to Boston were there barely any somalis, that I started getting mistaken as ajnabi.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’ve never seen a dark pakistani
Most aren’t but they do have some people who would be considered a lighter maarin. But Khaleeji Arabs are definitely darker than Pakistanis. They get offended if you tell them they look Pakistani but Pakistanis look 10x better than them. You don’t see dark skinned Khaleeji women because they bleach but you see it in the men.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I've never really been mistaken for any ethnicity especially with my name being an "Abdi" name people immediately know I'm Somali.

Trending

Latest posts