Half Italian Somalis hold press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me, I’ll never understand why a man can pass on his citizenship but a woman who is the one who has birthed her offsprings can’t even secure the right of her child to live In her nation with the rights that she possesses.

As for the posters claims of it being ‘Islamic’, that is a cop out. Islam doesn’t recognize nationalism nor is it a concept in Islam of man made colonial inventions of countries and passports. This is a 20th century issue that Muslims of the past didn’t deal with since people traveled freely and lived amongst different groups without a need for documentation and the like.

If ethnic minorities who are indeed a product of mixed marriages between Somali women and foreigners are given citizenship despite not belonging to Somali tribes, so can sons and daughters of Somali women who have certain Somali blood.

Nations and tribes aren’t the same thing. I know you are what your father is based on lineage, but the Somali nation isn’t built on Somali linage.

It’s 2024 and we’re still debating this. Arab countries are trying to change this law and move on and Western raised Somali kids who have a white man’s passport are trying to argue this. It’s hypocrisy.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
For the life of me, I’ll never understand why a man can pass on his citizenship but a woman who is the one who has birthed her offsprings can’t even secure the right of her child to live In her nation with the rights that she possesses.

As for the posters claims of it being ‘Islamic’, that is a cop out. Islam doesn’t recognize nationalism nor is it a concept in Islam of man made colonial inventions of countries and passports. This is a 20th century issue that Muslims of the past didn’t deal with since people traveled freely and lived amongst different groups without a need for documentation and the like.

If ethnic minorities who are indeed a product of mixed marriages between Somali women and foreigners are given citizenship despite not belonging to Somali tribes, so can sons and daughters of Somali women who have certain Somali blood.

Nations and tribes aren’t the same thing. I know you are what your father is based on lineage, but the Somali nation isn’t built on Somali linage.

It’s 2024 and we’re still debating this. Arab countries are trying to change this law and move on and Western raised Somali kids who have a white man’s passport are trying to argue this. It’s hypocrisy.

I agree with everything you said but I still somewhat enjoy seeing us not claim the children of Somali divestors :mjhaps:.

The children of those divestors were pretty much created because their mother hated Somali niggas.

Like even if we gave their kids citizenship right now we would still have a bunch of low IQ xalimos who married out still hopping on tiktok live attacking Somali niggas.

It's rarely ever Somali niggas doing this too. Shout out to all my kings living quiet lives with Ajnabi women :salute:.

Not saying all xalimos that marry out are divestors but they are definitely being represented by the worst ones online :dead: .

Personally I think the law will change in the future when somalia when Somalia is stable and the population is educated.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I agree with everything you said but I still somewhat enjoy seeing us not claim the children of Somali divestors :mjhaps:.

The children of those divestors were pretty much created because their mother hated Somali niggas.

Like even if we gave their kids citizenship right now we would still have a bunch of low IQ xalimos who married out still hopping on tiktok live attacking Somali niggas.

It's rarely ever Somali niggas doing this too. Shout out to all my kings living quiet lives with Ajnabi women :salute:.

Not saying all xalimos that marry out are divestors but they are definitely being represented by the worst ones online :dead: .

Personally I think the law will change in the future when somalia when Somalia is stable and the population is educated.

Somali men literally abuse Somali women that marry out. If a woman is married to an ajnabi and is on social media, she’s getting abused and being called the worst possible names given to a woman. How could they possibly not hate Somali men. Seeing the comments I see online makes me hate the losers online as well. Imagine seeing those comments day and in out and having fobs make videos about your relationship out of extreme jealousy and ownership they feel towards Somali women.

Kisame

Somali men literally abuse Somali women that marry out. If a woman is married to an ajnabi and is on social media, she’s getting abused and being called the worst possible names given to a woman. How could they possibly not hate Somali men. Seeing the comments I see online makes me hate the losers online as well. Imagine seeing those comments day and in out and having fobs make videos about your relationship out of extreme jealousy and ownership they feel towards Somali women.

I don't agree with the trolls but some of these chicks hate on us when the trolls aren't even present :manny:.

They've copied the madow divestor mindset.

Kisame

No matter what they say, they cannot guilt trip us into recognising an ajanabis seed.
When the population is educated and patriotic than I don't think most will care about the law anymore.

We won't have as many dumb coons willing to embarrass us.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
What's this recent uproar about children from Somali mothers and ajnabi fathers getting Somali citizenship. Is it because they heard that Somalia is soon gonna start getting their oil extracted so they tryna get a piece of the pie.

Also people comparing these mixed Somalis to ethnic minorities in Somalia that's a very stupid comparison. Ethnic minorities have been living in Somalia for 300-800 years in Somalia. Technically they have every right to the Somali nation as a ethnic somali, apart from the fact they aren't ethnically related to somalis.

Also according to the Somali constitution anyone who lived in Somalia prior to the independence in 1960 is technically a somali citizen and has right to the citizenship. They can be from Timbuktu if they want. Similarly to Saudi arabia. But there is no way you can get citizenship in 2024 if you arent Somali lineage wise.

A lot of Somalis are from similar backgrounds and don't even know it, as in, their foreign male ancestor married a Somali woman. I'm referring to the people with Semitic, Bantu, Oromo and other foreign haplogroups. Let's stop the hypocrisy and leave the children of Somali mothers, alone.

Last edited:

It's so funny to me, there was once a guy on this forum, he had a Bantu haplogroup and didn't even know it, until the DNA test came back. Meanwhile, he was extremely anti-bantu, and I wager, he'd be anti-foreign guur also. In reality, the only reason he's considered Somali, is due to a long-line of Somali mothers.

The jokes write themselves.

I’m not taking away anything since passports and documentation is a Western concept brought about by colonialism and the world at large now follows that model. Before then, there is no denying that the Somali identity was based on clan allegiance, but Somalis of old clearly had no issues of foreigners living in lands belonging to Somalis and setting up roots which is why the Banadiri group can now claim Somali nationality. My point is, nationality which is a new concept isn’t the same as lineage. Hence the idea of saying it’s haram for a child to get a passport for the sake of his mother is interesting coming from men who have the passport of groups they’re not related to in any capacity.

What's this recent uproar about children from Somali mothers and ajnabi fathers getting Somali citizenship. Is it because they heard that Somalia is soon gonna start getting their oil extracted so they tryna get a piece of the pie.

Also people comparing these mixed Somalis to ethnic minorities in Somalia that's a very stupid comparison. Ethnic minorities have been living in Somalia for 300-800 years in Somalia. Technically they have every right to the Somali nation as a ethnic somali, apart from the fact they aren't ethnically related to somalis.

Also according to the Somali constitution anyone who lived in Somalia prior to the independence in 1960 is technically a somali citizen and has right to the citizenship. They can be from Timbuktu if they want. Similarly to Saudi arabia. But there is no way you can get citizenship in 2024 if you arent Somali lineage wise.
It isn’t a stupid comparison when we’re told that Somali national identity isn’t about how long a group have lived somewhere but based on Somali lineage. The idea is that if Somali identity isn’t based on lineage of qabil, what argument can be posed that based on logic to deny Somali mothers whose family have lived in Somalia for centuries and have Somali blood?

mohamedismail

It's so funny to me, there was once a guy on this forum, he had a Bantu haplogroup and didn't even know it, until the DNA test came back. Meanwhile, he was extremely anti-bantu, and I wager, he'd be anti-foreign guur also. In reality, the only reason he's considered Somali, is due to a long-line of Somali mothers.

The jokes write themselves.
How are you comparing Bantus who have lived in Somalia for 300+ years, pre formation of the Somali state to a Nigerian with a Somali mother. That comparison is invalid.

Although Bantus or Banaadiris are not Somali ethnically, they have every right to the Somali land due to them living for so long.

These are old people, around 70 to 80 years old. They were also talking about their past in Somalia. It's like a window into a time most of us haven't experienced. They say as you get older, you understand what's really important in life. Even though they live in a western country, these old folks just want to be accepted as part of our community and to go back to Somalia, which they see as their real home. Despite all the problems there like war, hunger, and poverty for the last thirty years, they still feel strongly connected to Somalia and our people

“… and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of ) the wombs (kinship)…” [al-Nisa’ 4:1]

We need to approach this with open minds. People who are descendants of colonial soldiers and administrators should be excluded, but we should respect those who are descendants of Italians who stayed in Somalia after independence and have no ill will towards the nation.

mohamedismail

It isn’t a stupid comparison when we’re told that Somali national identity isn’t about how long a group have lived somewhere but based on Somali lineage. The idea is that if Somali identity isn’t based on lineage of qabil, what argument can be posed that based on logic to deny Somali mothers whose family have lived in Somalia for centuries and have Somali blood?
What are the Somali qabiils though? Somali qabiils are any qabiil that falls under the 4.5 system of Somalia, even if it is ethnic minority qabiil. Somali Bantus are a Somali qabiil so are banaadiris.

What are the Somali qabiils though? Somali qabiils are any qabiil that falls under the 4.5 system of Somalia, even if it is ethnic minority qabiil. Somali Bantus are a Somali qabiil so are banaadiris.
Ethnic Somali qabils.

You can’t argue that Somalia is an ethnostate hence that’s why women are excluded but also include people of foreign origin based on being on the land for a long time. It invalidates your argument. Banadaris have different lineages and origins. Madowweyne aren’t a tribe, they’re a confederation of people hailing originally from Congo to Tanzania. The idea that Somali women can’t pass on their passport is based on the idea of women not being able to pass down their lineage. So you need to make up your mind. Somalia is either an ethno-state based on lineage or it isn’t. Anything less is based on sexism and this is what this is. When a man of foreign origins can pass down the Somali passport but a Somali mother of full ethnic background can’t, what is that?

That’s why, despite being vile I have more respect for posters who are consistent and don’t even want Bantus and Banadirs to have citizenship. I wholly disagree with their take, but there is a consistent principle being illustrated.

How are you comparing Bantus who have lived in Somalia for 300+ years, pre formation of the Somali state to a Nigerian with a Somali mother. That comparison is invalid.

Although Bantus or Banaadiris are not Somali ethnically, they have every right to the Somali land due to them living for so long.

LOL

I am referring to a guy who is part of a Somali qabiil, and did not even know his ancestor was Bantu. So, yes, how can people like that, stand against those with similar parentage?

Status
Not open for further replies.