Hair styles are becoming symbol of Somali nationalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

You do know that cultural traits can alter/change depending on the region and local environment.

It's why there are variations in southern cuisine and language compared to the north. But with the more recent migrations from the 18th-20th centuries (Like the Ogaden/dhulbahante), then it's possible for them to keep some of their traits/practices such as their hair style.

You do know that cultural traits can alter/change depending on the region and local environment.

It's why there are variations in southern cuisine and language compared to the north. But with the more recent migrations from the 18th-20th centuries (Like the Ogaden/dhulbahante), then it's possible for them to keep some of their traits/practices such as their hair style.

That's true especially in cuisine, south has more variety than north in side dishes and desserts.

That's true especially in cuisine, south has more variety than north in side dishes and desserts.

The permanent water sources of the juba and shabelle helps wonders.

Do you know if the Ogaden/dhulbahante adopted southern foods?

If they've been there for 100+yrs then it's possible for them to eat like reer koonfur.

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Not a fan of Afros. I prefer this old nomadic hairstyle of ours:

IMG_0868.PNG
IMG_0869.PNG
IMG_0870.PNG
IMG_0871.JPG

Actually it's not unislamic the prophet used to have long hair. The recent its unislamic phenomena came because gaalo used to do it

I was told it was because long hair is traditionally associated with girls

I think my mum just made it up since she hates long hair on my brothers :chrisfreshhah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts