Gatekeeping is fundamental

Hagbad or Ayuto is practiced elsewhere too. It goes by a different name of course depending on the country but the principle is the same. It is normally done with people from a shared background as the system requires trust.
Correct, but the "Can we do what the Somalians do?" still took me off guard lol

It kinda implies that the Lebanese person who said it doesn't practice it in their specific village/region at least 🤔

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Correct, but the "Can we do what the Somalians do?" still took me off guard lol

It kinda implies that the Lebanese person who said it doesn't practice it in their specific village/region at least 🤔
Imitation is a form of flattery. Though they actually have to trust each other and be close knit for it to work.

Interesting, I thought all Arabs practiced this. I have a Sudanese friend and I remember he told me his people called this “Sandooq” which translates to box in Arabic. I bet that’s what the mom was talking about in her response. The daughter probably wasn’t aware that this concept already existed in her culture lol

I really thought this thread was gonna be about something else 🤣🤣
Like what?
tell me more will smith GIF

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
WHO DO YOU KNOW IN THE HAGBAD CIRCLE THAT'S GETTING YOU HOUSES???

@Mudug_gyal put me on whoever it is you know 👀
Yes sister, theres literally aunties buying whole houses and cars with this hack. Don’t know how anyone can trust people that much without legal intervention honestly. My mom knew this one lady dipped after getting her money lmao. Most people do it with people they trust like family, friends, in laws etc

Last edited:
WHO DO YOU KNOW IN THE HAGBAD CIRCLE THAT'S GETTING YOU HOUSES???

@Mudug_gyal put me on whoever it is you know 👀
It's the ayyos. They literally invest 25k and it about 100-200 of them so when it there turn to get paid it crazy money, but at this amount you can't get out it will be ceeb. I've even heard of ones they invest in stock and they cash out. It's crazy Ayyos making big moves quietly.

Yes sister, theres literally aunties buying whole houses and cars with this hack. Don’t know how anyone can trust people that much with legal intervention honestly. My mom knew this one lady dipped after getting her money lmao. Most people do it with people they trust like family, friends, in laws etc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
Hagbad/ayuuto/sholongo is the only standing Somali institution left that’s based on trust.

Be the last person to take it otherwise it’s just annoying.

Icl there's so many ethnic groups that do this

I've seen Dominicans, Filipinos and Ghanaians all doing it

I didn't know people were buying houses with this though that's crazy

Icl there's so many ethnic groups that do this

I've seen Dominicans, Filipinos and Ghanaians all doing it

I didn't know people were buying houses with this though that's crazy

Sandooq works, especially between close family members. My family has used this on multiple occasions.

Trending

Latest posts