Frankincense in Peril (Somaliland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
This is a very sad sight to see, those trees are our heritage. It is what we were known for for all of history. It seems that the tappers are getting very greedy and overcutting the trees leading to their death.
I wonder if the same is happening in Puntland's frankincense trees?

Puntland's frankincense trade is very stable.

Reer Bari control that shit and don't let buntus, Oromos and a bunch of drugged out Khat fiends run around
and chop them for charcoal.

In Somaliland, the Khat heads have gotten so out of control that they over-harvest every single tree. My cousin's
father in Bari own's the Lion's share of frankincense in Bari. The kid lives in Germany and is fucking Balling!

The problem, with Somali frankincense is that Arabs sell it for us. Oman and Yemen having been branding Somali frankincense
as their own, and that's why somali frankincense doesn't get the respect it deserves. If we own 82% of the frankincense trees in
the world, how the f*ck are arabs controlling the trade?

But, don't be fooled the trees are fine. It's just the cock sucker's who chop them for charcoal are the problem.

giphy.gif

Puntland's frankincense trade is very stable.

Reer Bari control that shit and don't let buntus, Oromos and a bunch of drugged out Khat fiends run around
and chop them for charcoal.

In Somaliland, the Khat heads have gotten so out of control that they over-harvest every single tree. My cousin's
father in Bari own's the Lion's share of frankincense in Bari. The kid lives in Germany and is fucking Balling!

The problem, with Somali frankincense is that Arabs sell it for us. Oman and Yemen having been branding Somali frankincense
as their own, and that's why somali frankincense doesn't get the respect it deserves. If we own 82% of the frankincense trees in
the world, how the f*ck are arabs controlling the trade?

But, don't be fooled the trees are fine. It's just the cock sucker's who chop them for charcoal are the problem.

giphy.gif
So you are telling me that Somalis own 82% the frankincense trees, and arabs are the one dominating the trade. :cosbyhmm: :damn:

So you are telling me that Somalis own 82% the frankincense trees, and arabs are the one dominating the trade. :cosbyhmm: :damn:

Yes, dumb ass

It's called value added products in economics.

Belgium has no sugar can but exports the most sugar products. The arabs in UAE control the destiny of frankincense

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
This is a very sad sight to see, those trees are our heritage. It is what we were known for for all of history. It seems that the tappers are getting very greedy and overcutting the trees leading to their death.
I wonder if the same is happening in Puntland's frankincense trees?

Indeed it's! if it continues at this rate there might not be a single tree of frankincense in the near future.
The only reasosn these trees survived for so long was that they were cared for not so much now

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Indeed it's! if it continues at this rate there might not be a single tree of frankincense in the near future.
The only reasosn these trees survived for so long was that they were cared for not so much now

I think the bigger problem maybe that now the bark of the trees has a market, where before there was no use for it. Creating a market for the bark of these trees encouraged landowners to strip the trees bare, killing them. They were wrong in creating a market for the bark of the trees.

Yes, dumb ass

It's called value added products in economics.

Belgium has no sugar can but exports the most sugar products. The arabs in UAE control the destiny of frankincense
waan qartay :patrice:. So, would this mean that frankincense is a niche product?

I think the bigger problem maybe that now the bark of the trees has a market, where before there was no use for it. Creating a market for the bark of these trees encouraged landowners to strip the trees bare, killing them. They were wrong in creating a market for the bark of the trees.

Nobody cuts Bark in BARI region!

Only a few get away it.

But in SL, it's a shit show with Khaat heads flying by the seat of their pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending