forcing religion on kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents never forced me except going dugsi as a kid. I turned out fine :zhqjlmx:

But I know for a fact people can behave differently to the extreme even within the same family.

Do you like the idea of parents forcing religion on kids? .

A majority of my life I never really was practicing. barely prayed only when my mom bugged me about it. disliked going to duqsi, found reading the quran honestly a chore. during Ramadan I hated how my mother would bug me every time I did something else besides read the quran during my free time. most of my non muslims friends knew I was muslim only because of the fact I didn't do haram things, like eat pork and etc. I had to go to lectures almost once a week on Fridays. found it really boring a majority of the time.

I noticed some of my friends growing up were in the same boat as me, but what was different for them compared to me was that they had more religious parents. mines not as religious as there. hanging out with them they were just like me, we barely prayed, barely read the Quran,

I know one guy who was the son of a sheikh, he use to smoke all the time and engage in haram activities. I honestly didn't know any religious kids my age growing up, who enjoyed reading the quran and going to lecture. Most I met were people who liked the western society.wanted to be apart of it, but felt held back because of their religion.

I just recently decided that I wanted to be practicing more often. But that was recently, before that I honestly didn't really care that much.

do you plan on forcing religion on your future kids.

Every situation requires certain approach. In western setting where kids spend more time in a non-muslim environment, where society teaches more to the kids than their parents can in shaping their views and outlook of life, to be intellectual and outlearn your kids is the best way. It does NOT help to be ignorant and rely on methods of teaching that might have worked in an Islamic society where everyone is the same and a parent doesn't really need to know more about Islam. The norms of Somali society are built on Islam and everyone almost does the same thing and have the same views which helps the kids grow up Muslims without their parents knowing anything about Islam IN Somalia(or in any Islamic country). West is different. You need more than your culture. You need the same tools used in intellectual settings to arm the kids with smart thinking about life and living, responsibility, objectives in life etc.

Whilst parents should prioritize teaching their kids Islam early on and from the time they start talking, using the intellectual method and teaching the kid the benefit of spirituality and moderating desires are more effective than yelling, beating and intimidation.

There is nothing wrong with Somali parents insisting their kids to study their religion, that is their responsibility and the best thing they can give to their children, but how they do it in western setting needs to be upgraded to save their kids from turning out to be the same useless beings we encounter on these forums who lack any credibility, knowledge of anything useful and decency. WE HAVE PERFECT EXAMPLES OF WHAT OUR CHILDREN OUGHT NOT TO BE ON THESE forums.

Every situation requires certain approach. In western setting where kids spend more time in a non-muslim environment, where society teaches more to the kids than their parents can in shaping their views and outlook of life, to be intellectual and outlearn your kids is the best way. It does NOT help to be ignorant and rely on methods of teaching that might have worked in an Islamic society where everyone is the same and a parent doesn't really need to know more about Islam. The norms of Somali society are built on Islam and everyone almost does the same thing and have the same views which helps the kids grow up Muslims without their parents knowing anything about Islam IN Somalia(or in any Islamic country). West is different. You need more than your culture. You need the same tools used in intellectual settings to arm the kids with smart thinking about life and living, responsibility, objectives in life etc.

Whilst parents should prioritize teaching their kids Islam early on and from the time they start talking, using the intellectual method and teaching the kid the benefit of spirituality and moderating desires are more effective than yelling, beating and intimidation.

There is nothing wrong with Somali parents insisting their kids to study their religion, that is their responsibility and the best thing they can give to their children, but how they do it in western setting needs to be upgraded to save their kids from turning out to be the same useless beings we encounter on these forums who lack any credibility, knowledge of anything useful and decency. WE HAVE PERFECT EXAMPLES OF WHAT OUR CHILDREN OUGHT NOT TO BE ON THESE forums.
Don't yell at kids? That's not what the fake hadiths that you worship say. They say you should beat children if they don't pray by the age of ten:

"Order your children to perform prayer when they are seven years old and beat them (for neglecting it) when they are ten"

Another hadith:

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said: “Hang your whip where the members of the household can see it, for that will discipline them.

This contradicts the Quran which says There's no compulsion in religion, and that Allah sent his Messenger as a mercy to all the worlds.

If you stopped repeating the lies of your Salafi boyfriends who slander our deen you'd know Allah doesnt reward acts of worship done under coercion. If the only reason you pray or read the Quran is because you're afraid of getting beaten, that's not an expression of gratitude to Allah. You're just pleasing your hooyo, not God, which is shirk. You talk of credibility? How about you stop defaming Allah's religion with fake hadiths that make his prophet look like a violent bully.

wow some getting ballistic as is often the case with most faith defenders. and the familiar line goes like this""if you'r good you muslim and if you bad you others,,,""and none of the ills of the rest of the world don't exist here,like crime,prostitution,drugs,alcohol,,u name it..hhh give me a break!, yet the muslim world is in tatters and in civil strive probably due to some aliens descended from above. wish muslims stop trying to put everyone on leash,why should they care what someone else believes,why they get so mad and throw verbal abuse to convince others..and remember they supposedly teaching manners!

Don't yell at kids? That's not what the fake hadiths that you worship say. They say you should beat children if they don't pray by the age of ten:

"Order your children to perform prayer when they are seven years old and beat them (for neglecting it) when they are ten"

Another hadith:

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said: “Hang your whip where the members of the household can see it, for that will discipline them.

This contradicts the Quran which says There's no compulsion in religion, and that Allah sent his Messenger as a mercy to all the worlds.

If you stopped repeating the lies of your Salafi boyfriends who slander our deen you'd know Allah doesnt reward acts of worship done under coercion. If the only reason you pray or read the Quran is because you're afraid of getting beaten, that's not an expression of gratitude to Allah. You're just pleasing your hooyo, not God, which is shirk. You talk of credibility? How about you stop defaming Allah's religion with fake hadiths that make his prophet look like a violent bully.

hhh on the point,concur...

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I think the answer is simple YES. FORCE YOUR KIDS TO BE RELIGIOUS. It is my opinion that religion is weapon against lifes failures and having a strong discipline. I bet you lately became religious due to lifes hardship? Well consider yourself the lucky ones. Others go through countless of hardship yet they never change. :(
Naw I haven't gone through any serious hardships. I'm just an average student. Chose to start practicing again because I realized I was telling myself and others I was Muslim but I wasn't actively being one.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Yes you should force religion on children. As a parent that is actually your job. You should also force them to go to sleep when it's bed time, to go to school, to eat healthy, etc. Forcing things on children is just parenting.

Islam says there is no compulsion in religion. I'll guide them& push them towards what is best. By the grace of God, they won't turn away from the straight path :gaasdrink:

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
This concept doesn't exist, people especially children embrace the ideologies of others and because of this whoever gets in first wins this battle (indoctrination), everyone apart from the idiot sheeple's like yourself knows this.

No child/adult comes up with their own ideologies or set's of belief's that are independent from the sheeple crowd group think and to presume so is farcical because the evidence of this is all around us, trillions are spent on social engineering and all other forms of ideologies to brainwash the populace (nothing more then subversion)

Every child is born upon a pure natural predisposition to worship their creator but it's the plethora of external factors that corrupt them as they grow up, those factors then shape them into what they are never to change again from these indoctrination's (except a very few that have eyes to see)

People are a product of their environment just like yourself, had you been raised in Mongolia you would have followed shamanism, worshipped the blue sky, and be nothing more then a scoundrel idolater miscreant.

In fact your type is of the very worst, because at least those Mongolian's will live and die upon their belief's and traditions like the native Indian's no matter where in the world they are.

You on the other hand have no such loyalty whatsoever, not only did you become a cheap charlatan turncoat which is already bad enough.

But you embraced the belief's of those whom your forefathers relentlessly fought to ensure you were neither enslaved nor wiped of the map like many nations were which makes you the worst of scums.

Your forefathers died in their 1000's to ensure your very existence, freedom and more importantly preserve your culture, pride & religion which every other country they pillaged didn't.

Even more important they preserved your dignity by ensuring your country or people never became a sex tourism hotspot nor a playground for their old geriatric downtrodden pensioners like many other nations have become.

Despite all of this, and without a single bullet or threat of coercion, you voluntary embraced their false tenets and belief's that have their roots in satanism and occultism which you are too stupid to even realise in your drunken indoctrinated highly toxic state.

Your delusions of grandeur have somehow convinced you that what you are upon is something logical, scientific while the complete opposite is the true if you had eyes to see or a mind that was cognisant.

Your types have surpassed the very worst forms of humiliation, there is no word I can use to describe your ilks, to call you a coon is an insult to the real coon's because you have exceeded them 100x folds in depravity, treachery and treason.

Long ass post so I'll try address your main points:

1. Indoctrination literally is defined as "accepting a set of beliefs of a particular group uncritically"

Teaching children how to think (critically) is not a 'impossible feat' as you claim and all you do by admitting that is to expose yourself as a blind ideologue who adopts beliefs without question.

Your opening statement appears to set the tone for the rest of your illiterate diatribe implying that things like 'loyalty' should be the defining criteria for whether one should dump their beliefs or not. Many people here Muslim, or gaal would disagree and argue it's in fact evidence.

You also claim I follow a satanic cult you have to prove how Atheism - a lack of belief in scripture, results in one believing in characters from religious scripture such as Lucifer.

I know your barometer for assessing what is evidently true or not is retarded by that tin foil hat you wear on your head but this post, even by your standards is lacking.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
No one forces religion on children, your values and ideals will rub off on them naturally.
Someday they'll eventually understand for themselves if they believe or don't.

The idea of "forcing" values/religion/ideals on children is retarded, children are raised on what their parents are upon, it's that simple. Should Christian parents not teach their children the way of Christ?
Should Hindus not teach their children the stories of their gods?

It's a redundant question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts