forcing religion on kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Do you like the idea of parents forcing religion on kids? .

A majority of my life I never really was practicing. barely prayed only when my mom bugged me about it. disliked going to duqsi, found reading the quran honestly a chore. during Ramadan I hated how my mother would bug me every time I did something else besides read the quran during my free time. most of my non muslims friends knew I was muslim only because of the fact I didn't do haram things, like eat pork and etc. I had to go to lectures almost once a week on Fridays. found it really boring a majority of the time.

I noticed some of my friends growing up were in the same boat as me, but what was different for them compared to me was that they had more religious parents. mines not as religious as there. hanging out with them they were just like me, we barely prayed, barely read the Quran,

I know one guy who was the son of a sheikh, he use to smoke all the time and engage in haram activities. I honestly didn't know any religious kids my age growing up, who enjoyed reading the quran and going to lecture. Most I met were people who liked the western society.wanted to be apart of it, but felt held back because of their religion.

I just recently decided that I wanted to be practicing more often. But that was recently, before that I honestly didn't really care that much.

do you plan on forcing religion on your future kids.

Children cannot fully understand complex things like religion, philosophy, politics, economics, and other adult matters. Their brains are too undeveloped. They can only repeat what their parents tell them like parrots. That's why you can make them believe anything. They can't tell a good idea from a bad idea.

That's why there's no such thing as a pious Christian child, or a pious Hindu kid or a pious Muslim child. They are just doing what they've been ordered to by a figure of authority. It's why you don't calculus and string theory to five year olds. They're not ready for them.

Its only in their teen years that they can begin to grapple with these issues, and even then it will be at a simplistic and nuance free level. That's why young people tend to have simplistic political views. Even if their views are sound in their essence, they can always be defeated in argument by a mature intellect because of the narrow way in which they couch it.

Understanding God is the work of a lifetime. If kids were left alone to form their own views, there would not be Shia kids, Salafi kids, Tablighi kids, Deobandi kids, Hanbali kids, Ash'ari kids. All these sects and the many others that exist would collapse because they are irrational. But once your parents brainwash you to follow a particular sect and to hate all the rest as heretics, you get precisely the violence and sectarianism that plague so-called Islamic countries.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir

A majority of my life I never really was practicing. barely prayed only when my mom bugged me about it. disliked going to duqsi, found reading the quran honestly a chore. during Ramadan I hated how my mother would bug me every time I did something else besides read the quran during my free time. most of my non muslims friends knew I was muslim only because of the fact I didn't do haram things, like eat pork and etc. I had to go to lectures almost once a week on Fridays. found it really boring a majority of the time.

I noticed some of my friends growing up were in the same boat as me, but what was different for them compared to me was that they had more religious parents. mines not as religious as there. hanging out with them they were just like me, we barely prayed, barely read the Quran,

I know one guy who was the son of a sheikh, he use to smoke all the time and engage in haram activities. I honestly didn't know any religious kids my age growing up, who enjoyed reading the quran and going to lecture. Most I met were people who liked the western society.wanted to be apart of it, but felt held back because of their religion.

I just recently decided that I wanted to be practicing more often. But that was recently, before that I honestly didn't really care that much.

I won't impose any ideology I hold on them be it religious or secular. I'll tell them to think for themselves instead of being told what to think.

No and nor would I care if they chose a religion as long as they are comfortable with it. My role is raising them as good human-beings/citizens and offering them good opportunities to succeed life as adults.

I don’t think its brainwashing if you explain the ‘why’. Why do we pray etc.. than forcing then and shouting at them to pray. These atheists on this forum probably exist because of that.
May allah guide all
Our life on this earth is limited

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I think the answer is simple YES. FORCE YOUR KIDS TO BE RELIGIOUS. It is my opinion that religion is weapon against lifes failures and having a strong discipline. I bet you lately became religious due to lifes hardship? Well consider yourself the lucky ones. Others go through countless of hardship yet they never change. :(

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I will NEVER force anything on my kids special something that I highly appreciate like Islam.

I was never forced by my mom who is very religious. Growing up she let me listen to music, get any haircut I wanted to, stay out with my friends because she put a lot of trust in me.

Ofcourse when ever I stepped out of line, she would put her foot down but her approach to introducing me to many subjects had a profound lasting positive effect on me :)

I plan to be the same with my kids inshallah. :)

I find it quite funny that the same persons that will teach their kid to "behave good and become successful in life" say they will let the kids themselves choose religion, while completeley forgetting life is never successful if not in accordance with Islam.

(Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.) [16:97]

Moreover, if teaching your children Islam in the same way you teach them to respect elders, not be vulgar etc is considered "forcing" then there is nothing that is not forced upon children. Every parent will inevitably teach their children what they believe is moral and good. That is the very same reason a muslim that believes in Allah's revelation will put a lot of effort in the child becoming a practising muslim, because Islam is the only way to attain true success in this world and the hereafter.

Ofcourse when ever I stepped out of line, she would put her foot down but her approach to introducing me to many subjects had a profound lasting positive effect on me :)

I plan to be the same with my kids inshallah. :)

And what exactly is that line, and by whom is it drawn? That is precisely the problem. When the parent considers what Allah has forbidden as the "line", it is forcing. But when it is not referred backo to the religion, but to whatever the society sees as "violation and unethical behavior", then suddenly it is "obvious" that they should put down the foot, using words like "of course". Do you see the inherent contradiction?

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity

I can really relate to this, my family was not religious at all growing up. Never asked me to pray or read the quran but once we moved near family all of the sudden it was all " why haven't you finished the quran?" "why don't you pray more often?". My parents made it seem like I chose to be that way on my own, to save their own backs.They didn't want people to know they were slacking themselves.

Wallahi sometimes I think most Somali's practice Islam just to fit into Somali society/community without people chat shit behind their back.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
I find it quite funny that the same persons that will teach their kid to "behave good and become successful in life" say they will let the kids themselves choose religion, while completeley forgetting life is never successful if not in accordance with Islam.

(Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.) [16:97]

Moreover, if teaching your children Islam in the same way you teach them to respect elders, not be vulgar etc is considered "forcing" then there is nothing that is not forced upon children. Every parent will inevitably teach their children what they believe is moral and good. That is the very same reason a muslim that believes in Allah's revelation will put a lot of effort in the child becoming a practising muslim, because Islam is the only way to attain true success in this world and the hereafter.

And what exactly is that line, and by whom is it drawn? That is precisely the problem. When the parent considers what Allah has forbidden as the "line", it is forcing. But when it is not referred backo to the religion, but to whatever the society sees as "violation and unethical behavior", then suddenly it is "obvious" that they should put down the foot, using words like "of course". Do you see the inherent contradiction?

You are using religion in an attempt to validate religion to someone who does not believe in your religion.

Can you see the problem of trying to convince people using this approach?

I won't impose any ideology I hold on them be it religious or secular. I'll tell them to think for themselves instead of being told what to think.

This concept doesn't exist, people especially children embrace the ideologies of others and because of this whoever gets in first wins this battle (indoctrination), everyone apart from the idiot sheeple's like yourself knows this.

No child/adult comes up with their own ideologies or set's of belief's that are independent from the sheeple crowd group think and to presume so is farcical because the evidence of this is all around us, trillions are spent on social engineering and all other forms of ideologies to brainwash the populace (nothing more then subversion)

Every child is born upon a pure natural predisposition to worship their creator but it's the plethora of external factors that corrupt them as they grow up, those factors then shape them into what they are never to change again from these indoctrination's (except a very few that have eyes to see)

People are a product of their environment just like yourself, had you been raised in Mongolia you would have followed shamanism, worshipped the blue sky, and be nothing more then a scoundrel idolater miscreant.

In fact your type is of the very worst, because at least those Mongolian's will live and die upon their belief's and traditions like the native Indian's no matter where in the world they are.

You on the other hand have no such loyalty whatsoever, not only did you become a cheap charlatan turncoat which is already bad enough.

But you embraced the belief's of those whom your forefathers relentlessly fought to ensure you were neither enslaved nor wiped of the map like many nations were which makes you the worst of scums.

Your forefathers died in their 1000's to ensure your very existence, freedom and more importantly preserve your culture, pride & religion which every other country they pillaged didn't.

Even more important they preserved your dignity by ensuring your country or people never became a sex tourism hotspot nor a playground for their old geriatric downtrodden pensioners like many other nations have become.

Despite all of this, and without a single bullet or threat of coercion, you voluntary embraced their false tenets and belief's that have their roots in satanism and occultism which you are too stupid to even realise in your drunken indoctrinated highly toxic state.

Your delusions of grandeur have somehow convinced you that what you are upon is something logical, scientific while the complete opposite is the true if you had eyes to see or a mind that was cognisant.

Your types have surpassed the very worst forms of humiliation, there is no word I can use to describe your ilks, to call you a coon is an insult to the real coon's because you have exceeded them 100x folds in depravity, treachery and treason.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP

Hey poet, try not to make any assumptions sxb.

It’s best to ask for a clarification instead of insinuating something. My point is, it’s never a good approach to be extreme specially to kids who are western born and raised.

You have to step out of ur comfort zone as a parent and look at things from the perspective of ur children and the era they are growing up in. You can pretend to shelter them from outside influence all while being super strict all u want. I have seen it so many times and it lead to rebellious lifestyle later on in life. I am glad my parents saw the bigger picture and lead me to be the responsible adult I am. :)

This concept doesn't exist, people especially children embrace the ideologies of others and because of this whoever gets in first wins this battle (indoctrination), everyone apart from the idiot sheeple's like yourself knows this.

No child/adult comes up with their own ideologies or set's of belief's that are independent from the sheeple crowd group think and to presume so is farcical because the evidence of this is all around us, trillions are spent on social engineering and all other forms of ideologies to brainwash the populace (nothing more then subversion)

Every child is born upon a pure natural predisposition to worship their creator but it's the plethora of external factors that corrupt them as they grow up, those factors then shape them into what they are never to change again from these indoctrination's (except a very few that have eyes to see)

People are a product of their environment just like yourself, had you been raised in Mongolia you would have followed shamanism, worshipped the blue sky, and be nothing more then a scoundrel idolater miscreant.

In fact your type is of the very worst, because at least those Mongolian's will live and die upon their belief's and traditions like the native Indian's no matter where in the world they are.

You on the other hand have no such loyalty whatsoever, not only did you become a cheap charlatan turncoat which is already bad enough.

But you embraced the belief's of those whom your forefathers relentlessly fought to ensure you were neither enslaved nor wiped of the map like many nations were which makes you the worst of scums.

Your forefathers died in their 1000's to ensure your very existence, freedom and more importantly preserve your culture, pride & religion which every other country they pillaged didn't.

Even more important they preserved your dignity by ensuring your country or people never became a sex tourism hotspot nor a playground for their old geriatric downtrodden pensioners like many other nations have become.

Despite all of this, and without a single bullet or threat of coercion, you voluntary embraced their false tenets and belief's that have their roots in satanism and occultism which you are too stupid to even realise in your drunken indoctrinated highly toxic state.

Your delusions of grandeur have somehow convinced you that what you are upon is something logical, scientific while the complete opposite is the true if you had eyes to see or a mind that was cognisant.

Your types have surpassed the very worst forms of humiliation, there is no word I can use to describe your ilks, to call you a coon is an insult to the real coon's because you have exceeded them 100x folds in depravity, treachery and treason.
You are one angry man, my .

Last edited:
Hey poet, try not to make any assumptions sxb.

It’s best to ask for a clarification instead of insinuating something. My point is, it’s never a good approach to be extreme specially to kids who are western born and raised.

You have to step out of ur comfort zone as a parent and look at things from the perspective of ur children and the era they are growing up in. You can pretend to shelter them from outside influence all while being super strict all u want. I have seen it so many times and it lead to rebellious lifestyle later on in life. I am glad my parents saw the bigger picture and lead me to be the responsible adult I am. :)

What do you mean by "extreme"? Is teaching yur own children their religion and making them adhere to it extreme? Is forbidding them to be involved in gangs "extreme" aswell? I'll let you clarify, lest I insinuate.

I know very well that children of muslims will encounter other beliefs and ideologies. That is the very reason why parents need to put a lot of effort to instill Islam in their hearts, by the permission of their Creator. If they have a foundation which they can fall back on, then they will probably be able to not fall for other ideologies.

Furthermore, a parent is islamically obliged to make sure they give their children the tools to become strong in their muslim identity. That is why if you read the books on islamic jurisprudence (most somalis adhere to the Shaafici fiqh school of thought) you'll see that settling in non-muslim countries is permissible, but with conditions. One being that you preserve your religion and that you act upon it properly. So from an a religious point of view what you're arguing for is not acceptable. That is, of course, if you consider Islam's teaching mandatory to follow.

And lastly, please answer my question. What is the line, and who draws it? If I consider the limits of Islam as the line, and "put down the foot" accordingly, am I extreme, or is it "obvious" that I should do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts