Federalism is likely finished if Ethiopia recognizes Somaliland

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
If Ethiopia recognizes Somaliland, imo <10% chance of this happening, federalism is finished.
Recognition of Somaliland by Ethiopia, followed by the creation of an Ethiopian navy stationed on the Gulf of Aden, would transform federalism into a suicide pact.
The only option at that point would be the consolidation of a centralized Somali state.
My support for federalism was always predicated on:
  • Ethiopia respecting Somalia's sovereignty
  • The consequent lack of a need to build a military capable of taking on the ENDF
Federalism would be indefensible if Ethiopia demonstrates that it has no respect for Somalia's "7" borders.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
If Ethiopia recognizes Somaliland, imo <10% chance of this happening, federalism is finished.
Recognition of Somaliland by Ethiopia, followed by the creation of an Ethiopian navy stationed on the Gulf of Aden, would transform federalism into a suicide pact.
The only option at that point would be the consolidation of a centralized Somali state.
  • The consequent lack of a need to build a military capable of taking on the ENDF
Federalism would be indefensible if Ethiopia demonstrates that it has no respect for Somalia's "7" borders.
If this did happen what would happen with regards to the Ethiopian troops within Somalia, especially the non Amisom troops? Would we be able to get rid of them.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
The government need to spend 1/3 of the budget on the military 140 million is nothing compared to 1.8 billion dollars of Ethiopia army.

I don’t think anything will happen. This whole port deal seems like a diversion tactic for both Abiy and Bixi who are facing economic pressure and other crises.

I don’t think anything will happen. This whole port deal seems like a diversion tactic for both Abiy and Bixi who are facing economic pressure and other crises.
Abiy is crazy you can never be too careful with him. He attacked and killed like 500’000 civilians during tplf war, that’s nothing compared to what he’s doing now.

Trending