Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not revive an already dry river? I'm thinking about the nugaal river. You can connect this river to the shabeele rivers tributaries in Ethiopia. This is great because its more close to the rivers source in the high altitudes near jigjiga, This can cause nugaal river to flow permanently.
Reviving a dead river through tributaries? You sure there'd be enough water flowing through to do that? Although if we can get it from the Ethiopian Highlands that'd be a great advantage.
Limited farming does exist in sool

There is already seasonal river in pl plus the rivers would dry before it reaches galgaduud not to even mention the northern areas tend to have higher elevation making it impossible.
Wait there's farming in sool and large enough rivers in PL? I swear that place was a rocky plain when I last saw it.:shookgabre:

Inshallah I will build a sand dam in Jidali, Ceerigabo capturing the run off from the mountains of Northern Sanaag. And use the water to irrigate farms. That’s how I would like to retire.
It's how I wanted to retire as well which is why I put the story at the beginning (a dream I had multiple times) I guess now that I think about it, I could actually make it a reality with a bit of help and knowledge. We're gonna make it insha'Allah.

@Apollo got it thanks for the heads up.

Reviving a dead river through tributaries? You sure there'd be enough water flowing through to do that? Although if we can get it from the Ethiopian Highlands that'd be a great advantage.

Wait there's farming in soil and large enough rivers in PL? I swear that place was a rocky plain when I last saw it.:shookgabre:
There is limited farming in yagoori,xalin,boocame you probably visited in dry season nugaal is pretty green for couple of months when it rains.
upload_2017-9-6_4-32-11-png.29272

Is seasonal but yes

There is limited farming in yagoori,xalin,boocame you probably visited in dry season nugaal is pretty green for couple of months when it rains.
upload_2017-9-6_4-32-11-png.29272

Is seasonal but yes
Interesting, that's a main source of water you can get for the north but it's gonna take quite a lot of work and resources. And speaking of the nugaal valley that area has been througt of having lots of oil however the faunan and flora has to be protected so thats a no go at this point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nugaal_Valley

It also has grasslands making it a prime area for a national park. Planting trees and growing other small plants should be a priority at this point. I never really knew this and thought the whole place was dry thanks sxb:friendhug:

Does anyone know if the flow of the Jubba and Shabele river has been affected by the opening of the Ethiopian Hydroelectricity mega project?

When the next generation of Somalis in diaspora stop sending remittances to people back home, then the people there will be forced to farm and feed themselves.

Does anyone know if the flow of the Jubba and Shabele river has been affected by the opening of the Ethiopian Hydroelectricity mega project?

When the next generation of Somalis in diaspora stop sending remittances to people back home, then the people there will be forced to farm and feed themselves.
Ethiopians are cutting off the river? Shit and there's no one to do anything about it especially the politicians, f*ck that's bad. The one thing about remittances decreasing that worries me is it'll just make things much much worse and it'll make the country more rife for conflict which is why we should invest in farming and other industries so they can rely on something else before it dwindles.

Ethiopians are cutting off the river? Shit and there's no one to do anything about it especially the politicians, f*ck that's bad. The one thing about remittances decreasing that worries me is it'll just make things much much worse and it'll make the country more rife for conflict which is why we should invest in farming and other industries so they can rely on something else before it dwindles.

Alone

Ethiopia signed an international treaty of the interrupted flow of both rivers and the Nile river, can you point to a link where they “cut off the river”?

Remittances will slowly disappear and people will be forced to look after themselves. It’s either full blown wars on meagre resources, or politicians of all shades can sit together now and plan for it. Since we are known to lack farsightedness, we are certainly starring at the mother of all clan wars. Will a Darwinian of the survival of the fittest emerge?

Last edited:
Interesting, that's a main source of water you can get for the north but it's gonna take quite a lot of work and resources. And speaking of the nugaal valley that area has been througt of having lots of oil however the faunan and flora has to be protected so thats a no go at this point.

It also has grasslands making it a prime area for a national park. Planting trees and growing other small plants should be a priority at this point. I never really knew this and thought the whole place was dry thanks sxb:friendhug:
That's because you probably visited 5 villages and Las anod all on the road most of the nugaal valley is uncharted territory and not safe.
Depending on what group you come from is either safe or dangerous.

Alone

Ethiopia signed an international treaty of the interrupted flow of both rivers and the Nile river, can you point to a link where they “cut off the river”?

Remittances will slowly disappear and people will be forced to look after themselves. It’s either full blown wars on meagre resources, or politicians of all shades can sit together now and plan for it. Since we are known to lack farsightedness, we are certainly starring at the mother of all clan wars. Will a Darwinian of the survival of the fittest emerge?
There not cutting of the river they'll just using it for electricity.
They do plan on farming in k5 along th shabeele river which eventually will have negative impact the juba will be safe though.

Sxb the whole of the north used to be green! hell even saudi arabia used to be green. It's only due to our ancestors not caring about the environment and cutting down the trees that the climate become more arid and less tropical. Imagine turning our country back into a tropical paradise! that would be a dream come true.
costa-rica-chutes.jpg

:ahh:

Ethiopia can't f*ck up because they nearly had Egypt going to war with them and if that happens they will award us the horn to piss them off.

Alone

Hold up I thought you said they were doing something to the river. Are they? I mean if they tried to cut it off thatdt spell huge trouble.

That's because you probably visited 5 villages and Las anod all on the road most of the nugaal valley is uncharted territory and not safe.
Depending on what group you come from is either safe or dangerous.
Why are somalis like this? i wanted to do an exploring video there!

:lawd::jcoleno::mjcry:

upload_2018-10-14_22-4-37.png

In the first picture is the source for nugaal river called Golis mountains (in red). I was acctually wrong the river is not dry it's seasonal. The tributaries in the second picture sit on high altitudes in the ethiopian highlands, where they receive much water from mountains.They later form the shabelle river. Connecting the rivers on both pictures will give nugaal river two river sources. This may cause enough water to flow through it. Although I'm not sure it will reach all the way to indian ocean.

But still maybe enough to cultivate crops?

View attachment 56801

In the first picture is the source for nugaal river called Golis mountains (in red). I was acctually wrong the river is not dry it's seasonal. The tributaries in the second picture sit on high altitudes in the ethiopian highlands, where they receive much water from mountains.They later form the shabelle river. Connecting the rivers on both pictures will give nugaal river two river sources. This may cause enough water to flow through it. Although I'm not sure it will reach all the way to indian ocean.

In the first picture it seems to originate in somalia.

Same but Im scared i'll get kidnapped by some random dickhead or get killed. Who cursed us like this?:mjcry: seriously though exploring northern Somalia is something I've always wanted to do but alas I'll have to wait and see.:meleshame:

View attachment 56801

Can we widen out other rivers and connect it from then on so it can carry more water volume from where it starts on the Somali side. So connect the rivers and that should give us the ability to do some cultivating right? Well this is gonna prove quite a problem, just looking at that map is giving me a head ache.

Are you warsangeli? Few families live in villages near those areas:kanyeshrug:
Same but Im scared i'll get kidnapped by some random dickhead or get killed. Who cursed us like this?:mjcry: seriously though exploring northern Somalia is something I've always wanted to do but alas I'll have to wait and see.:meleshame:
What village you from in sool?

Are you warsangeli? Few families live in villages near those areas:kanyeshrug:

What village you from in sool?
In all honesty all I know is my dad is from lascaanood and we're dhulbahante. My dad didn't really go into clan stuff so I barely know anything and my aabo avoids talking aboit his childhood because of certain reasons.:meleshame:

In all honesty all I know is my dad is from lascaanood and we're dhulbahante. My dad didn't really go into clan stuff so I barely know anything and my aabo avoids talking aboit his childhood because of certain reasons.:meleshame:
Did you visit other areas outside of Las anod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts