Even AS is using english language back home

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

Ignore the health center AS built, they have been doing that as a campaign to gain legitimacy among the people they rule. While its effective, they tax the locals as much as they want and punish them if they don’t tow the line. Its a discussion on another day. The twitter account is also on AS payroll.

What I am here to talk about is the slow decline of the somali language. Ironic as write in english, I know. However the problem can’t be ignored anymore because it has become absurd.

In what way, does a terrorist organisation founded by somalis operating in Somalia need to use the english when over 90% of the local population cannot speak english? Is a geeljire gonna know he has arrived to the hospital once he sees that general hospital slogan? Shit is ridiculous, most definitely can’t even read the texts written to the wall.

The english language, the lingua franca of humans has now infiltrated fully us somalis. All somali governments write also in english language when english is not even an official language of ours. Thats due to white folks financing us so they need to understand whats going on. Some boollshiid if you ask me. But AS should not have that problem because gaalada ”supposedly” don’t control them. So why the need to use english?

I need help in understanding this phenomenon. I chalked it up to somali istustus, the need to show off. ”Look at me, I know multiple languages”. Can it also apply to terrorist? Even Osama Bin Laden used only arabic when he addressed westerners. Looks like our guys didn’t mimick that.

The use of loanwords in somali is one of my biggest pet peeves. Arabic loanwords are like what english loanwords are today. I am not some purist but my God, some of the loanwords are genuinely idiotic especially when we have our own words with the exact same meaning. The word aayar/tartiib are the same but many use the word tartiib. Why the f*ck are you using that word when there is no need to it. Anaga ma ogin aayar maxoo kawodo waagii hore? We did.

Examine our language and you will find many arab words that are used for common contexts that should have been theoritically in use way before somali language even formed. English is now a huge treat to our language as we incorporate simple english words for simple contexts as we did with arabic.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo

Ignore the health center AS built, they have been doing that as a campaign to gain legitimacy among the people they rule. While its effective, they tax the locals as much as they want and punish them if they don’t tow the line. Its a discussion on another day. The twitter account is also on AS payroll.

What I am here to talk about is the slow decline of the somali language. Ironic as write in english, I know. However the problem can’t be ignored anymore because it has become absurd.

In what way, does a terrorist organisation founded by somalis operating in Somalia need to use the english when over 90% of the local population cannot speak english? Is a geeljire gonna know he has arrived to the hospital once he sees that general hospital slogan? Shit is ridiculous, most definitely can’t even read the texts written to the wall.

The english language, the lingua franca of humans has now infiltrated fully us somalis. All somali governments write also in english language when english is not even an official language of ours. Thats due to white folks financing us so they need to understand whats going on. Some boollshiid if you ask me. But AS should not have that problem because gaalada ”supposedly” don’t control them. So why the need to use english?

I need help in understanding this phenomenon. I chalked it up to somali istustus, the need to show off. ”Look at me, I know multiple languages”. Can it also apply to terrorist? Even Osama Bin Laden used only arabic when he addressed westerners. Looks like our guys didn’t mimick that.

The use of loanwords in somali is one of my biggest pet peeves. Arabic loanwords are like what english loanwords are today. I am not some purist but my God, some of the loanwords are genuinely idiotic especially when we have our own words with the exact same meaning. The word aayar/tartiib are the same but many use the word tartiib. Why the f*ck are you using that word when there is no need to it. Anaga ma ogin aayar maxoo kawodo waagii hore? We did.

Examine our language and you will find many arab words that are used for common contexts that should have been theoritically in use way before somali language even formed. English is now a huge treat to our language as we incorporate simple english words for simple contexts as we did with arabic.
That twitter account blocked me :mjlol:

Lol alkebab only control the tuulos all they can do is control the illiterate natives and pretend to be intellectuals.
In what way, does a terrorist organisation founded by somalis operating in Somalia need to use the english when over 90% of the local population cannot speak english?
Probably to get foreign recruits and pretend to be educated when they're not that's the only reason why I see them using English. The English is not for the illiterate natives.
The english language, the lingua franca of humans has now infiltrated fully us somalis. All somali governments write also in english language when english is not even an official language of ours. Thats due to white folks financing us so they need to understand whats going on. Some boollshiid if you ask me.
English is the political language of the world Only countries like France, China and Russia can challenge it.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Trying to portray sophistications and that they are educated people who can step in to replace FGS and govern for somali interest locally and abroad

I was on the train the other day and a Somali lady was on the phone taking cusbitaal and dakhtar. I was thinking about why did the C throat sound enter the beginning of an English loan word. Same for dakhtar; how did K became kh. Such an interesting linguistic phenomenon.

As for topic, your answer is societal collapse.

ps. Shabab could have made some decent hospitals with all the money they make but they won’t get qualified doctors to work under them . I don’t even see a hospital in there just a small clinic type with some equipment.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
After seeing what happened to Afghanistan once America left Ive always been nervous about what might happen to Somalia if all the peacekeepers left.

After seeing what happened to Afghanistan once America left Ive always been nervous about what might happen to Somalia if all the peacekeepers left.
Taliban have more a pragmatic foreign policy agenda than AS. They were already in talks with the Americans and Trumps people in Qatar before the debacle. Following their takeover, they’ve reassured India, China and Russia in terms of their non aggressive foreign policy. Most of the former government employees were given amnesty.

I don’t think AS will be like that if they had another opportunity to takeover Muqdisho. That said, I don’t think they have similar capabilities as Taliban. Moreover, Ethiopia and Kenya might be triggered into a large scale of certain local theatres in Southern Somalia which they see as buffer zones. SL/PL will definitely be defended by the Ethiopians if they were threatened even though I think the locals would probably defeat them and AS doesn’t have enough troops to extend it what was the former Somali republic.

The Somali stalemate will continue to be…….

The Africans do nothing but steal money and bully minority clans on behalf of stronger clans, they’re useless like American drone strikes.

Trending

Latest posts