Ethiopia's Dams are causing droughts and food insecurity in Somalia

It would make sense if the system floods as well. Thus the water arrives later on afterwards.

All these issues with rivers drying up are recent, coinciding with Ethiopia's dam building activities.
There is a reason why they stopped the Bardhere dam which wouldn't have even affected them. They want Somalia to be reliant on them for food & to take it over once they prove to the world that we need them to survive.

Reborn
All these issues with rivers drying up are recent, coinciding with Ethiopia's dam building activities.
There is a reason why they stopped the Bardhere dam which wouldn't have even affected them. They want Somalia to be reliant on them for food & to take it over once they prove to the world that we need them to survive.

Don't forget Failmajo signed an energy project through the world bank with Ethiopia to supply us with the energy from the dam that is killing us. A $150 MILLION project.

Don't forget Failmajo signed an energy project through the world bank with Ethiopia to supply us with the energy from the dam that is killing us. A $150 MILLION project.

That's right, this is a multi-pronged deal that ensures Ethiopia gets money for subjugating Somalia.

"I stop your water supply but here, buy my electricity, food and water" :faysalwtf:

In times like this, we could all unite under our banners and make sure Somali economic development and its future isn't hindered or shaped by Ethiopia. Somalia, Djibouti, and Somalia all have a common goal which is the prosperity of our people. Maybe we all got the wrong interpretation of a Greater Somalia which was one nation but instead a custom union should've been the goal.

Try levying that logic to Somalia(some understand but most are blinded). They're basing irrevocable policies on tribal fadhi kudirir. The prime goal would be for Somalia to recognize us then SL, Djbouti, and Somalia triple penetrate Ethiopia Economically. Somalis in Kenya using their political positions in kenyan policies would help consolidate power in somalis hands. Controlling the ports, and focusing on signing energy deals and economic deals between Somaliweyn thus controlling East Africa. No one needs a gun anymore, all war is economic and controlling an economy is controlling a region. This is Somaliweyn in action

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
We need to mass broadcast this. I’m talking let the world know put this on every somali news channel to ever exist, exaggerate it as much as possible let this be the only thing discussed on the streets of Mogadishu, hargeisa, garowe, jijiga, Djibouti, kismayo etc. All tribal/inter somali conflict is to be halted even if it’s temporarily because this is a war against the Somali ethnic group and must be treated as such. We need to have meetings with every ugaas and every leader of every tribe to outline that this is serious and is beyond qabil and for all this to happen we need to first assassinate the current useless president that allowed this to happen. We need a revolution this time against Ethiopia because if this goes through mark my words somalis will be an extinct ethnic group by 2100, out children will all be speaking amharic/oromo because this is just the start of it. As we go on it’s only going to get worse with Ethiopia consolidating its power more and more all over the horn and somalis showing no sign of uniting. This is serious, extremely serious and is way beyond tribe. Farmajos life should be taken for allowing this to happen we need the citizens to rise even if it means a second war against Ethiopia

convincation

VIP
My dads family are farmers along the shabelle river in mahaday weyne, I hope to god they’re gonna be ok

That's right, this is a multi-pronged deal that ensures Ethiopia gets money for subjugating Somalia.

"I stop your water supply but here, buy my electricity, food and water" :faysalwtf:

It's up to Reer Somalia to get rid of N&N and put leaders with some somalinimo and back bone in power. Or else it's over for Somalia imo

We need to mass broadcast this. I’m talking let the world know put this on every somali news channel to ever exist, exaggerate it as much as possible let this be the only thing discussed on the streets of Mogadishu, hargeisa, garowe, jijiga, Djibouti, kismayo etc. All tribal/inter somali conflict is to be halted even if it’s temporarily because this is a war against the Somali ethnic group and must be treated as such. We need to have meetings with every ugaas and every leader of every tribe to outline that this is serious and is beyond qabil and for all this to happen we need to first assassinate the current useless president that allowed this to happen. We need a revolution this time against Ethiopia because if this goes through mark my words somalis will be an extinct ethnic group by 2100, out children will all be speaking amharic/oromo because this is just the start of it. As we go on it’s only going to get worse with Ethiopia consolidating its power more and more all over the horn and somalis showing no sign of uniting. This is serious, extremely serious and is way beyond tribe. Farmajos life should be taken for allowing this to happen we need the citizens to rise even if it means a second war against Ethiopia
This goes against international water laws considering how important both rivers are to Somalia. The problem is farmaajo hasn’t said a word.

β€œInternational water law helps enable nations to peacefully share a river basin and the waters it contains.”

http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html#ixzz64z06o3Cr”
http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...rivers-and-their-importance-to-somalia.69211/.
Realistically we could go for desalination plants we live right next to the Indian Ocean.

convincation

VIP
This goes against international water laws considering how important both rivers are to Somalia. The problem is farmaajo hasn’t said a word.

β€œInternational water law helps enable nations to peacefully share a river basin and the waters it contains.”

http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html#ixzz64z06o3Cr”
http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/La-Mi/Law-International-Water.html

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...rivers-and-their-importance-to-somalia.69211/.
Realistically we could go for desalination plants we live right next to the Indian Ocean.
Farmajo is an Ethiopian puppet. The fact that people still support him is beyond me he needs to be killed and I whole heartedly stand by that. Letting him peacefully resign will just give people a false narrative and pull out the darood vs hawiye card when in reality it’s somali vs Ethiopia. We need to take his life just to show how serious this whole situation is and inshallah we will

Farmajo is an Ethiopian puppet. The fact that people still support him is beyond me he needs to be killed and I whole heartedly stand by that. Letting him peacefully resign will just give people a false narrative and pull out the darood vs hawiye card when in reality it’s somali vs Ethiopia. We need to take his life just to show how serious this whole situation is and inshallah we will
Why stop there we have so many dead rivers in Somaliweyn.
1615487643108.jpeg

convincation

VIP
We should annex the bale region give the Oromo a taste of his own medicine. What do u say? 😎
Bale has a high number of Somalis and Partially oromised somalis. Plus historically the bale sultanate was a somali led one

All Somali leader can go
If this is true farmaajo has to go but the problem is those who will replace will be just as bad or worse somalia needs a stop to all this tribal bs as our ethnicity is under attack. We need a competent and patriotic leader and a parliament that can actually stop these leaders from doing whatever they want and to implement policies that will crackdown on corruption until then the Ethiopians will dominate

It's up to Reer Somalia to get rid of N&N and put leaders with some somalinimo and back bone in power. Or else it's over for Somalia imo
You can’t single out N&N when almost every politician is corrupt and the current system allows corruption to thrive

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
I don't think it is reasonable to link drought in Ceelwaaq with Jubba or Dawa river because they are hundreds of KM from Ceelwaaq, the Ethiopian dams and water catchments hasn't brought about drought in Ceelwaaq, what has doe is Kenyan air raids, destruction of settlements and mass displacement.

By no means am I defending Ethiopia here, any damns that affect our water supply is a serious issue that needs to be brought to the attention of the IC and challenged by the FGS, however there is no link between this drought and dams.

When will you move beyond "whataboutism" and trying to ascribe random issues onto me?
I don't even support AY for Ethiopia and wished he found another way to depose your sinister uncle. Worry about rivers drying up in your region instead of focusing on me.

You'd think I drank the rivers dry. :draketf:

This is my last response to you. You have a history of following me around and being a weirdo.

Okay no what aboutism, shooting the messenger apologies. The situation is indeed tragic bottom line. What are your ideas on reversing this? It’s easy to blame Farmaajo, but I’m curious to know the previous heads of state who confronted Ethiopia not only for this, or for anything. So with that said I would hope you’d have better ideas then β€˜it will be better when Farmaajo is gone’.

Trending