Ethiopian ambassador to Somalia expelled

B
Somalia got $319 million in aid. The FGS kept $210 million for itself and divided $109 million among the FMS.

I see that $210 million as an unreasonable share for Hawiye. You are Hawiye and disagree with that assessment. That is understandable.
u are totaly of i am in xamar i can tel u this our family alone from my father to my brothers we have totaly 4 seperate residential homes every month we pay property tax walhi. On top of that we also own companies and other business which we Pay tax . Its unfair i am sure u never lived in xamar nor do u know the experiance we feel here walhi. U out of touch of reality average hawiye doeanot benefit from fgvt
None of that money comes back to us for example like road constraction or cleaning or swege system. And here let me ask u am i not hawiye? let me ask you what benefit do i gain from federal gvt u are making as if hawiye benefit. Almost al the money is used by fgvt no money left for municipality.
The money we pay for taxes goes to and ised by budget for kinistries like foreign afairs which benefits al somalis

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Sometimes, people overlook the obvious fact that Xamar is the capital and naturally reaps the benefits associated with being one. The reality is, whether it's in Garowe, Kismayo, Baidoa, Boroma, or Hargeisa, if any of these cities were the capital, locals there would also enjoy similar advantages. It's unreasonable to label this as "unfair" simply because politicians residing in any capital contribute money to the local community.

When you question how little of the one billion doesn't leave Xamar, it is not true. It's evident that the notion of the remaining ~667 million being spent solely in Xamar is misleading. It makes me wonder if you've read my initial post or are merely arguing for the sake of arguing, hastily formulating arguments to keep it going.

If you had read the initial post and delved into the sources provided, you would see a clear breakdown of the budget. Out of the remaining 667 million that is made up of grants, 255 million goes to defense and security, around 100 million is allocated to the Federal Member States (FMS), and 382 million is designated for administration, including salaries for parliamentarians and governmental employees.

It's a fact that when the federal government partners with the private sector, whether it's a catering shop or any other business, it typically operates in Mogadishu. While this may seem obvious, what's unfair about it? Should chauffeurs, cooks, and speechwriters for parliamentarians be selected based on clan affiliations to avoid undue economic gains for one group? Besides, its far from just the "locals", a euphimism for Hawiye, that fall get these jobs.

We have devolved from "Xamar secretly funnels 4 billion for itself" to "It's unfair that Xamar is the capital".

Unlike Xamar, Puntland collects its own taxes and hasn't contributed to the federal pool. This mixing of arguments, jumping from "Xamar gets too much" to empower the argument that "Puntland gets too little," lacks continuity. Xamars budget is dependent on what the FGS allocates, Puntlands isn't. Besides ive posted earlier, that until 2021-2022 Puntland seemed to have gained plenty of the developmental aid.

There's no mention of it being the largest city historically centered on the Somali coast as being the reason for its economic rise in the last decade or the heightened cost of living and security risks due to being a prime target for Al-Shabaab, because its the capital.

It feels like I am arguing against quick sand, jumping around answering one question only be given another, not a moment taken and all of this

@Thegoodshepherd going from Xamar to Hawiye and mixing those turns just complicates and ads a tribal layer the topic. Most of everything you've said I've already talked about in my initial post. Your entire argument is "Xamar benefits because its the capital, thats not fair!"
You seem to want the goverment expenditures in the private sector to follow a 4.5 model.

I am not saying you should write like me, but when you start shooting a bunch of statements, linking a couple source would be very helpful.

Budget_expenditure_.jpg

Of the 480 million USD recurring expenses, around. 296 million were spent on employee compensation. Of those 296 million, around 172 million were spent compensating the parliament, armed forces, police, and security forces. All of them operate nationwide.

The breakdown of the employee compensation listed above:

Parliament: 21 million USD
Armed forces: 93 million USD
NISA: 13 million USD
Police: 38 million USD
Custodial Corps: 7 million USD

The remaining employee compensation amounting to ~124 million was spent on various other ministries, all of which were once again employing people throughout Somalia. Even his notion that employee compensation is somehow beneficial to Xamar is absolutely baseless.

Those wondering about the project expenditure. Here is how it was expended. You can go to World Bank pages and check each one of those projects. Most of them are based in the FMS and plurality in PL.
Budget_2023 .jpg

This was for context PL 2023 budget report.
Wadarta_guud_PL.jpg

Now if I'm reading this correctly 220million of budget expenditure aid was allocated to PL. @JamalFarah and @0117 wouldn't those 220 million that PL received in budget expenditure originally be from the 496 million that was listed on the Federal budget?

------‐----------------------------------------------------------------
@π’‹π’–π’†π’”π’–π’•π’ˆ When will you address the conflict between PL not being true to its duties while demanding its rights not be fringed upon?

All this mumbo jumbo to distract us from the fact that Deni is demanding 8 more years of this same arrangement should truly tell us who stands to benefit from the current status quo.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
That's not true as the aid/grants listed in the FGS budget are projects that are disbursed across Somalia such as "Biyoole" and "JPLG" that even accounts for Somaliland.

Here's an extract for world bank aid/grants for projects in Puntland 2023 that was listed in Puntland Budget 2023.The figures here contribute to the total figures listed in FGS budget that you seem to assume is just for Mogadishu.

View attachment 323564

You can't share a source of the exact figures of the aid/grants that is dispersed in Mogadishu?

So why even entertain this topic with no facts or figures.
You are so stupid, I will not even correct you.

Reborn
View attachment 323563
Of the 480 million USD recurring expenses, around. 296 million were spent on employee compensation. Of those 296 million, around 172 million were spent compensating the parliament, armed forces, police, and security forces. All of them operate nationwide.

The breakdown of the employee compensation listed above:

Parliament: 21 million USD
Armed forces: 93 million USD
NISA: 13 million USD
Police: 38 million USD
Custodial Corps: 7 million USD

The remaining employee compensation amounting to ~124 million was spent on various other ministries, all of which were once again employing people throughout Somalia. Even his notion that employee compensation is somehow beneficial to Xamar is absolutely baseless.

Those wondering about the project expenditure. Here is how it was expended. You can go to World Bank pages and check each one of those projects. Most of them are based in the FMS and plurality in PL.
View attachment 323565
This was for context PL 2023 budget report.
View attachment 323560
Now if I'm reading this correctly 220million of budget expenditure aid was allocated to PL. @JamalFarah and @0117 wouldn't those 220 million that PL received in budget expenditure originally be from the 496 million that was listed on the Federal budget?

------‐----------------------------------------------------------------
@π’‹π’–π’†π’”π’–π’•π’ˆ When will you address the conflict between PL not being true to its duties while demanding its rights not be fringed upon?

All this mumbo jumbo to distract us from the fact that Deni is demanding 8 more years of this same arrangement should truly tell us who stands to benefit from the current status quo.

Your points aligns with what I said earlier which is hard for some to accept.

As for your question I am not sure and it's best to not assume in this case.

Trending