Dr. Hussein Tanzani, Founder of Somali Studies International Association dies in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Dr Hussein Adam (Tanzaani) was a member of the African Studies Association, the World Bank Council of African Advisors & the AAPS! He was the author of numerous books, articles & book chapters on Somalia. Dr Hussein A. was a Ph.D holder in political science from Harvard.

He was also the first Somali to get a doctorate from Harvard!

AUN

Apollo

VIP
Italian universities have of the best resources on Somalia. Those colonial bastards really did deeply investigate Somalia.

But nowadays (post-2000s), NGOs collect the most detailed information on Somalia.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Ive learned of his passing at 3am last night. I received a phone call. Alla Ya rahma! A wonderful human being!

he made this documentary in 1980

Hussein M. Adam is an associate professor of political science at the College of the Holy Cross, specializing in comparative politics with a focus on the Horn of Africa. He is the founder and president of the Somali Studies International Association (SSIA) and was founding director of the Somali Unit for Research on Emergency and Rural Development (SURERD), an indigenous NGO in Mogadishu (1981-87). He is a member of the African Studies Association, the World Bank Council of African Advisors, and the African Association of Political Science.

Adam has received several awards and fellowships, including the Hewlett Mellon Award; Harvard University W. E. B. DuBois fellowship; De Witt Clinton Poole Memorial Prize; Rockefeller fellowship; and Africa Development Foundation fellowship. The author of numerous books, articles, and book chapters on Somalia, Adam holds a Ph.D. in political science from Harvard.

Publications:

From Tyranny to Anarchy by Hussein Adam (Paperback - Mar 20, 2008)

War Destroys, Peace Nurtures: Reciliation and Development in Somalia by Richard Ford and Hussein M. Adam (March 2003)

Removing barricades in Somalia: Options for peace and rehabilitation (Peaceworks) by Hussein Mohamed Adam (Unknown Binding - 1998)

Mending Rips in the Sky: Options for Somali Communities in the 21st Century by Hussein M. Adam and Richard Ford (Paperback -8/1997

Rethinking the Somali Political Experience by Hussein M. Adam (Paperback - Oct 1995)

Somalia: International versus local attemps at Peacebuilding, in Robert Mathews, ed. Durable Peace: (challenges of peacebuilding in africa) University of Toronto Press, 2003

The revolutionary development of the Somali language (Occasional paper / African Studies Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California) by Hussein Mohamed Adam (1980)

Towards a Somali institute of international affairs by Hussein Mohamed Adam (1978)

A general report on the Fanon Institute's Conference held in Trinidad and the subsequent academic tour of the United States by Hussein Mohamed Adam (1978)

You don't have to meet some someone in oder, to acknowledge and rate his qualities. I have been following this from afar for a long time, and have to admit that he was amongs the few Somalis out there who refused to subscribe to the ideology of "Qabiil" supremacy. My Allah rest his soul in heaven "Firdowsa" the highest echelon of Paradises. Aamin.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
You don't have to meet some someone in oder, to acknowledge and rate his qualities. I have been following this from afar for a long time, and have to admit that he was amongs the few Somalis out there who refused to subscribe to the ideology of "Qabiil" supremacy. My Allah rest his soul in heaven "Firdowsa" the highest echelon of Paradises. Aamin.

alla ya raxma ! At least 200 hundred people have participated in his funeral. 60% of them flown in from different states, Canada and Kenya.

The guy who flown from Kenya is the kid he brought from Tanzania ( his high school best friend's kid) to the US and who went on to attend MIT and who now works at the World Bank based in Kenya. He also brought this kid's other brother who is now a neurosurgeon in the states. The kid that works at World Bank got on the first plane out of Kenya to attend his funeral.

Who amongst us would sponsor and educate their best friend's kid from another qabiil? :salute:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
alla ya raxma ! At least 200 hundred people have participated in his funeral. 60% of them flown in from different states, Canada and Kenya.

The guy who flown from Kenya is the kid he brought from Tanzania ( his high school best friend's kid) to the US and who went on to attend MIT and who now works at the World Bank based in Kenya. He also brought this kid's other brother who is now a neurosurgeon in the states. The kid that works at World Bank got on the first plane out of Kenya to attend his funeral.

Who amongst us would sponsor and educate their best friend's kid from another qabiil? :salute:

Ilaahay waxaan uga baryaynaa inuu dambigiisa dhaafa, naxariisti jano ka warabiyo:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending