Doesn’t look Somali 😭😭😭😭😭

Don’t y’all just hate it when they say that . they want us to look one way so bad it’s pissing me off honestly .

The only way to counter this is flood social media so much with good looking abdis that they’ll make theme selves look stupid saying it all the time

Last edited:

NidarNidar

Punisher
Don’t y’all just hate it when they say that . they want us to look one way so bad it’s pissing me off honestly .

The only way to counter this is flood social media so much with good looking abdis that they’ll make theme selves look stupid saying it all the time
I routinely get mistaken for Sudanese, skinny Abdis have ruined our image, we need to get them into the gym.

It triggers me, because it implies we are ugly and not aesthetically diverse and beautiful. They either do it because of hatred, intentionally to wound us or they really are ignorant with the way we look due to social media negative outburst on us. The worst lines I usually see are *she's the first nice somalian I seen" "you can't be somalian you must be mixed" "your too goodlooking to be somalian" "somalians don't look like that" "do attractive somalians even exist never seen one" and is always from the uk, although thanks to that Yusuf7n and those viral mugshots of us on tiktok even I'm seeing Americans and eastenr Europeans getting brave in mocking our looks. I hardly see any ethnicity get the same fraction of hate like we do in terms of our looks. It is what it is the damage is done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a really good idea but sadly somali boys in the west don't care to do this, they think is feminine. They rather go down with the ugly funny stereotype rather than counter this harmful stereotype that can affect young somali boys. Our population also isn't big enough to do this unlike indians who are billions. I seen them counter with showing beautiful Indian men.

“Howd you know i’m Somali?”
86147188-5708-49FA-BD96-88956020BC7D.jpeg

275CD013-8971-4B16-92E1-BAEF3D612235.jpeg

1A94087C-2952-4FB8-9C8C-017170D46DFB.jpeg

E89022C0-22BC-47FC-AF57-74BA59C38C39.jpeg

FD98BEDC-C991-4F33-BDDC-39FB10A17ED5.jpeg

That's a really good idea but sadly somali boys in the west don't care to do this, they think is feminine. They rather go down with the ugly funny stereotype rather than counter this harmful stereotype that can affect young somali boys. Our population also isn't big enough to do this unlike indians who are billions. I seen them counter with showing beautiful Indian men.
yeah i think there’s truth. I think some arnt allowed to take care of themselves cause of parents and culture

i remeber growing up my parents would discourage me growing out my hair. They hated my style of clothing (fitted) and were stuck in the 90s era

I see younger dudes growing out their hair, getting more stylish haircuts then a buzz cut. some are more into fashion so it looks like it’s getting better. But back in the day it was rare for kids to grow out their hair or do braids and dreads

yeah i think there’s truth. I think some arnt allowed to take care of themselves cause of parents and culture

i remeber growing up my parents would discourage me growing out my hair. They hated my style of clothing (fitted) and were stuck in the 90s era

I see younger dudes growing out their hair, getting more stylish haircuts then a buzz cut. some are more into fashion so it looks like it’s getting better. But back in the day it was rare for kids to grow out their hair or do braids and dreads
I'm not seeing it much now if I'm honest although Swedish Somali boys are a bit better when it comes to grooming compared to other diasporas but our population and the way a lot of somali boys mentality about grooming is simply not enough. We only ever see once every new moon of a somali boy looking good on social media the rest are either acting straight up goofy to impress ajanabis or busy harassing Somali women.

Real, my parents wanted me to leave the house looking like Urkel. I was so unstylish in school. Now I got my own funds but it was rough for a bit.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Somalis guys don’t want to be in the model industry since most of them stated there’s some khanis culture going on in the model industry.

I believe there was a thread about this as well.
Most Somali guys stated it’s the devils industry.

Somali men have no model star and influencers to look up to.

but it’s good that they’re waking up realising the self importance of self care.

Just give Somali men few decades to see a transition and the stigma will die off.

But the Hollywood stigma gonna take some times unless there’s a good looking farax that can take over that cancjage the game.

What’s their motive tho other Africans I understand but arabs , Asian and whites . Why they want us too look ugly so bad
Because is a trend they want to score cool points from maathows it's pretty obvious. Some are also extremely racist because we are darkskin, poor and they also see other black people hate on us so will feel even more comfortable mocking us.

Yaraye

VIP

There is a lot truth to parent being involved. Happens with both genders wallahi. It's a drag. Can't wear minimal makeup, can't do skincare, can't change up your hijab style (even if it's still modest), can't even do gym :mjcry:

Don’t seek ajinabi/gaal validation, I believe my people are the best looking people on earth, my viewpoint is the only view that matters.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
It boggles the mind how an ethnic group numbering 25M max.....with have half million of whom living in the West, live rent free in the heads of Meadows and Westerns/Euros both numbering nearly billion each.

Trending

Latest posts