Do you really believe there are only 17 million Somalis globally

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
I call bullshit no actual census has been done Somalia is vast and alot of areas have never been set foot in by census checkers I believe there are way more Somalis than 17 million undocumented and unknown people

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
Yep there is no way we are only 17 million it's a fact Ethopia and Kenya suppress our real numbers whilst Somalia doesn't have a census. We are around 60 million.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Yep there is no way we are only 17 million it's a fact Ethopia and Kenya suppress our real numbers whilst Somalia doesn't have a census. We are around 60 million.
Kenya is well known for suppressing g information regarding the Somali population in kenya

Garaad diinle

 
17 million is nothing but an estimation by the un of the number of somalis found in mainland somalia. Currently it seats on almost 18 million.

8krI8B7.png

Somalis found in somali galbeed is said to be between 7-10 million but it's hard to say since there weren't any official census since the 2000s. In kenya the offcial census regarding the somalis is dodgy at best and highly politicized. At the very least you could say they're at over 3 million. Finally somalis outside of east africa is said to be around 3 million. Almost 1 million in the west and the rest are in africa and asia. I'd say there're between 28-30 million somalis in the world but it could be higher.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
We have a population of 17 million but a media presence of 100 million

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
30 million worldwide is probably realistic. the 17 million figure doesn’t include the “country” called Somaliland

wiki isn't reliable. every source i come across includes SL cities like hargeisa, berbera etc

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Did you forget about Somaliweyn?
Our lands and people also lie in Ethiopia, Djibouti and Kenya where there is probably a combined 13-15 million Somalis

EF432C3D-AB84-4722-A41B-3FAEEB355C10.jpeg
34 million Somalis. If we consider that the numbers have not been accurate for a long time in the Horn because of war, nomadism, small villages etc.. we would be around 40 million or so.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
On top of that there is estimated 18 mil Somalis however I'd say that is inaccurate but lets just say it is for now.
15mil in Somaliweyn
18mil in Somalia
3mil in diaspora
So there would be around 36 million Somalis Globally

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’d say there are around 40 million of us, by 2100 we’ll have a population close to 100 million if we stop fighting.