Do you identify as black person?

Do you want to be black

• Total voters
Why are these African bantus so interested in claiming us.
Do Chinese or Koreans identify themselves as 'yellow'.
Do the Indians identify themselves as brown.
So why should we accept a man made construct to define us.
Take your inferiority complex and take it to the toilet.

ilmoweyn

𐒘𐒐𐒑𐒙/ilmo
This is complex, the idea of a "black culture" exclusively refers to African American culture -- so we as Somalis don't participate in AA culture (other than Minnesota wannabe hoodrats).

Also, race is very obviously a construct, meaning that it has little worth in a modern more intellectual world.
E.G The Irish and Italians were not considered "white" at one point, but now even northern Arabs get called "white"

"Black" Africa is very diverse from Khoisan, to Igbo to Somali to the Nubians.

Laakiin, in the modern world, it is important to acknowledge that Somalis will be seen as black and will be treated as such. So you might as well claim the label

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
There's a strong correlation with Somali's who identify as black to single parent house hold. @attash release the data
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Yes lol

very new to me that Somalis identify otherwise . Never had that conversation only with some kid most Somalis over here identify as black because that’s what we’re called . Although to ajnabis were considered unique madows but still madow
That’s a lie Somalis are not considered black in the western world (not census)
They are considered their own thing
They look way too different to usual blacks to be considered black

NidarNidar

Punisher
That’s a lie Somalis are not considered black in the western world (not census)
They are considered their own thing
They look way too different to usual blacks to be considered black
We kind of have the best of both worlds, I mostly deal with rich old people in my line of work, who have on occasion said some vile things in front of me about Nigerians, this man was pushing 90+ his son went bright red and apologised, I was able to get a bigger contract from them.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Really? Most caadans and timo jileccs i've met see somalis as just different looking madows. I guess it also depends on how you look. I've met west africans with "slimmer" features
Those West Africans are Fulas most likely who have similar but distant ancient Eurasian components as us.

Average Somali DNA is 60% Nilotic, 40% Natufian. So we are mixed that's why we have 3B hair and Caucasian skull/features.

Somalis aren't mixed. At that point so are europeans being that they are a mix of neolithic middle easterners and natives.
Every human population is a mixture, south asians are a mixture of three divergent populations including european-related ancestries
Not really, Niger Congo groups don't really have much admixture and we are indeed mixed hybrid of races as Nilotic is Nilo Saharan and Natufian is Asiatic.

Black when it benefits me (scholarship applications, flights) MENA/Member of the arab league when it benefits me (at the masjid), All American Boy when it benefits me (when I get stopped by the police or I'm back home and it helps me with business connections, trust), caucasian when it helps me (when I'm interacting with white supremacists on 4chan). Stop limiting yourselves to one category guys waxas wa laga ilbaxay
:trumpsmirk:

Its beyond ridiculous to reduce yourself to a skin color.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
It’s beyond ridiculous to reduce yourself to a skin color.
Indians and other south Asians do call themselves brown though 😭😭

Indians and other south Asians do call themselves brown though 😭😭

Indians are too smart for that way of thinking.
Only people from broken western homes and single mother families have that mentality.
What group of people who have language, culture group themselves into a entirely man made construct like race.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
Indians are too smart for that way of thinking.
Only people from broken western homes and single mother families have that mentality.
What group of people who have language, culture group themselves into an entirely man made construct like race.
South Asians call them selves brown in the UK :ayaanswag:

Trending

Latest posts