Do you identify as black person?

Do you want to be black

• Total voters

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Do you identify as a Black person, and if so, do you consider yourself related to other Africans all the way to Central Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, and the rest of East Africa?

it’s bizarre to think we are all related cause we are black. Personally I don’t like to associate with different madows and only other Somalis.

Yes lol

very new to me that Somalis identify otherwise . Never had that conversation only with some kid most Somalis over here identify as black because that’s what we’re called . Although to ajnabis were considered unique madows but still madow

I personally just identify as Somali because it would be extremely hard for me to pass as black due to my appearance and having pointy nose and straight hair. It would be comical for me to put madows on an application. But I've had a cousin of mine that did that once and he has similar appearance that I have and he said they interrogate him about why he placed black on an application. They thought he placed black due to aiding him to get the job. I've started to place Mena for my racial category. Mena stand for the Middle East and North Africa it basically the Arab league. Mena category has 22 countries in it which are Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. I feel comfortable in Mena racial category and Im not the only one that does this I have a lot of Somali friends that choose Mena for racial category.

Last edited:
The world sees me as black but I don’t. I’m also not related to niger congo people which make up the bulk of Africans.Nilotics and other East African you have an arguement.:manny:

The world sees me as black but I don’t. I’m also not related to niger congo people which make up the bulk of Africans.Nilotics and other East African you have an arguement.:manny:
Sxb will you start identify as Mena member on application? Because Somali's are in Mena racial category.

I don't identify as "black" just like how East Asians don't identify as "yellow"".

It is a fake world view centered on a white supremacy construct. Asians were too smart to play the game. Sadly we cant say the same for Africans.

There's a strong correlation with Somali's who identify as black to single parent house hold. @attash release the data

If someone ask me what I am I say somali, but if they ask me if I am black I will say that I am black. It depends on how the question is asked regarding my identity. This thread is going to turn into geneology, and there is going to be people trying to prove that we are black and others are going to try their best to disprove it.

Do you identify as a Black person, and if so, do you consider yourself related to other Africans all the way to Central Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, and the rest of East Africa?

it’s bizarre to think we are all related cause we are black. Personally I don’t like to associate with different madows and only other Somalis.
I’m a proud Somali and a proud African !

To disregard my ancestors, my people, my culture, language and my history. To simply adopt the term “black” is absurd. Only people that should be doing that are descendants of slaves. This issue wasn’t a problem a few centuries ago.

NidarNidar

Punisher

I don't particularly appreciate labelling anyone anything, am I African, absolutely, skin tone is a poor way to group thousands of different ethnic groups.

Trending

Latest posts