Djiboutian Somali man rapes a paralyzed American backpacker. Her attacker only sentenced to 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Ellen ManningOctober 30, 2016
tumblr_inline_ofuykhri4K1uodeuw_1280.jpg.cf.jpg

The family of an American backpacker who was sexually assaulted after she fell 150ft down a cliff in Djibouti have hit out at her attacker’s five-year jail sentence.

Hannah Gavios, 23, broke her back and lay helpless trapped on rocks while Assad Dhadhamiye, 28, subjected her to a 10-hour ordeal on September 1.

She was rescued the next morning but still has no feeling in her ankles, feet and backside, and is having to learn to walk again.

Dhadhamiye was originally sentenced to 10 years in prison but that has been halved after he pleaded guilty to obscene behavior and causing serious injury.

Hannah’s mother Gwen, who is trying to raise money for her daughter’s medical treatment, said: “I am dismayed that it is automatically cut down to five years because of a guilty plea.“

tumblr_inline_ofuym6GuRP1uodeuw_1280.jpg.cf.jpg

Paralysed - Hannah is still learning to walk again (Pictures: SWNS)

Hannah had been teaching English in Ethiopia when she took a holiday to Djibouti's Tajouri in the resort of Krabi, arriving on September 1.

She encountered Dhadhamiye when she asked for help finding her way back to her hotel. He offered to show her the way but instead led her into an hilltop where he tried to assault her.

Hannah fought him off and fled but ran off the edge of a cliff in the darkness, fracturing her spine leaving her trapped at the bottom of the cliff, where Dhadhamiye repeatedly sexually molested her for several hours as she lay helpless.

He later returned with other people who raised the alarm and his victim was rescued and taken to hospital.

At the time, Hannah said: ‘I honestly thought I was going to die. I felt like a total vegetable. I felt completely vulnerable. I couldn’t move anything. He didn’t rape me but he did everything else. ”

tumblr_inline_ofuyo6jhYh1uodeuw_1280.jpg.cf.jpg

Treatment - Hannah’s family are raising money for her medical expenses

She was flown home to Queens, New York where she is still undergoing intensive treatment and her parents Gwen and Aaron are now trying to raise up to $200,000 to help her walk again - expenses not covered by her insurance.

Gwen said: “We’re raising funds to pay for medical bills, medical equipment, psychotherapy, and physical therapy which will not be fully covered by our insurance company.

'”Hannah’s recovery period is expected to last up to two years or more, and many of the expenses, such as physical therapy will not be covered after several months.”

Hannah Gavios, 23, broke her back and lay helpless trapped on rocks while Assad Dhadhamiye, 28, subjected her to a 10-hour ordeal on September 1.

She was rescued the next morning but still has no feeling in her ankles, feet and backside, and is having to learn to walk again.

She encountered Dhadhamiye when she asked for help finding her way back to her hotel. He offered to show her the way but instead led her into an hilltop where he tried to assault her.

Hannah fought him off and fled but ran off the edge of a cliff in the darkness, fracturing her spine leaving her trapped at the bottom of the cliff, where Dhadhamiye repeatedly sexually molested her for several hours as she lay helpless.

At the time, Hannah said: ‘I honestly thought I was going to die. I felt like a total vegetable. I felt completely vulnerable. I couldn’t move anything. He didn’t rape me but he did everything else. ”
ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

WHAT THE f*ck

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
What an animal, luckily he didn't rape her. He deserves more than a 5 year sentence.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Rapists are better off gettin their Dick chopped or dead

I heard about a Guy in India who kidnapped someones pregnant dog and raped it to death:susp:

So the title says he raped her but she herself admitted that he didn't rape her? Can you please fix the title?
:camby:
For making me actually read the whole thing to find out the truth.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
So the title says he raped her but she herself admitted that he didn't rape her? Can you please fix the title?
:camby:
For making me actually read the whole thing to find out the truth.

She's probably accusing him. I guess he flirted with her and thought she was a loose Western and she left him in an unfamiliar land and fell off a cliff. He actually helped her when he seeked assistance from the villagers

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@UncleMenace says:
"I guess he flirted with her and thought she was a loose Western"

What really happened:

@UncleMenace says:

"She left him in an unfamiliar land and fell off a cliff"

What really happened:
Hannah fought him off and fled but ran off the edge of a cliff in the darkness, fracturing her spine leaving her trapped at the bottom of the cliff.

@UncleMenace says:

"He actually helped her when he seeked assistance from the villagers"

What really happened:
Dhadhamiye repeatedly sexually molested her for several hours as she lay helpless. He later returned with other people who raised the alarm and his victim was rescued and taken to hospital.

:pacspit::pacspit: you sound like a rapist

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@UncleMenace says:

What really happened:

@UncleMenace says:

What really happened:
Hannah fought him off and fled but ran off the edge of a cliff in the darkness, fracturing her spine leaving her trapped at the bottom of the cliff.

@UncleMenace says:

Dhadhamiye repeatedly sexually molested her for several hours as she lay helpless. He later returned with other people who raised the alarm and his victim was rescued and taken to hospital.

@UncleMenace says:

What really happened:

@UncleMenace says:

What really happened:

@UncleMenace says:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

What if this were to happen to your daughter? Would you still be laughing then?:bell:

A generous white woman goes to black Africa to teach English only to be attacked and sexually assaulted for 10 hours. You don't know how upset this makes me. :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending