Did you know Somalia once had a railway and trains?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
CEFFC21F-28BC-4250-83CD-D3DF792E1E25.jpeg

The italians built it for us and it would go as far as Beledweyne, British destroyed it after Italy’s defeat in WW2

Somalia should invest in railways, when the opportunity arises. Nothing beats the newly revamped trainline that connects Addis, Dire Dawa and Djibouti.

:manny:

Can’t wait to ride one in Somalia in the future.

:ohhhdamn:

Time to call the Chinese.

:sass2::westbrookswag:

Yaraye

VIP
we should build trains and highways. We already have some cars, so building a highway should be first. Trains take some time and even more money. so we can use highways in the meantime while we figure out a train system

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
huuno those trains are for the White Colonizer extracting minerals resources from Somalia as fast as possible

“The Italians built it for us”

No they didn’t. They built it for themselves and to loot the resources of their colonial occupied territory.
huuno those trains are for the White Colonizer extracting minerals resources from Somalia as fast as possible
Spot on. Add to that, in the context of Somali territories, those rail tracks were the primary reason Hawd & Reserve area had been annexed to Ethiopia to protect them from potential attacks from native Somali population.

If you ever get a chance read FM A. Bevan's grand plan to the UN for the Somali territories, and how it was later carved up into 5 pieces after Somalis chose the Italians instead. A sad, if painful history.

But hey, then people are dead, and the current crop are agents in disguise far too pleased to be recolonised, and further divided up.

Last edited:
It would be great if it could get rebuilt. Sadly, most ( if not all) train infrastructure is built by Chinese or Europeans in Africa.
:mjkkk:

There was actually a proposed plan for national rail line after we took back the Ogden. I remember my father telling me he would hear things like "We will be celebrating Eid in Addis Ababa" when Somalia was winning. They were so confident, the government was already making plans to invest and build there
:dead::mjlol:

Somali tribes should sell their live stock and invest in their towns to urbanize, 1 camel=$5000, and they have hundreds of thousands of camels in each region, all together we have 6 million camels, we can make 30 billion, this is not including goats, cows and other live stock.

Trending