Dhulbahante Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Qabyalad is soooo important, why not make use of our time and create info threads for all the clans. Let people know who the players are in the complicated Somali Game of Thrones.

I can contribute with the family tree showing all the major sub-clans of Dhulbahante. Help me fill in missing info but dont break it down too much, keep it simple. And lets figure what cities are they majority populations/minority populations, where they are in the Diaspora, and their current/past political stance. Let's create something substantial that dhaqan-celis can benefit.
..............................................................................................................................................................................
DB1.PNG

................................................................................................................................................................................
DB2.PNG

Red - Clan or major sub-clan
Blue - Sub-clans with their own sultan (Garaad, Ugaas, Suldaan, or Boqor)
White - link in the family tree, or major sub-sub-clan (if its at the end of a chain)
If the man has a nickname, the real name is in brackets

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to more. What do you think is the current population of the Dhulbahante based on a population census?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to more. What do you think is the current population of the Dhulbahante based on a population census?
Remember the thread from free society i made about dhulos it was about population.
Note those numbers are men only so if you include women 2x the number from the thread.
Also Thoe those numbers are only northern dhulos there is dhulos scattered all over somali peninsula
So anywhere from 600,000-800,000.
The 800,000 was said by our garad at first i was skeptic than i remembered my laf garad know my real name even thoe my family have been in the south nearly a century.:browtf:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Main towns for each sub clan ofcourse each one has multiple other areas.
Cumar wacays=godaalo
Jamac siyaad=yagoori
Mohamud ugaryahan= Sarmaanyo
Wacays Abdulle=carooley
Nuur ahmed=talex
Nalay ahmed=xudun
Ahmed garad=buhoodle
Bah`ararsame=kalabaydh

Main towns for each sub clan ofcourse each one has multiple other areas.
Cumar wacays=godaalo
Jamac siyaad=yagoori
Mohamud ugaryahan= Sarmaanyo
Wacays Abdulle=carooley
Nuur ahmed=talex
Nalay ahmed=xudun
Ahmed garad=buhoodle
Bah`ararsame=kalabaydh
Theres Qayaad in Domo (Ethiopia) and Dharkeyne (the border).

Who lives in Ergavo and Kismayo, and roughly what petcentage of the population are they.

How about Widhwidh? Any significant DB populations in Bossaso, Garowe? Any big populations in places Im forgetting?

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Almost all Xamid Ugaas live in Nugaal between Boocame Garowe and even a little north of Garowe. Naaleye Ahmed from Xudun to Awr Boogeys, Fiqifuliye to Jidali and the outskirts of Ceerigabo. I am not sure if any Dhulbahante live over the mountains on the coast, but if they did, they would probably be Bah Riighaye Naaleye Ahmed.

Naaleye Ahmed are very low abtirsi wise, they are younger than most Dhulbahante clans, but they are as large as some of the bigger clans.

Dhulbahante are Farax Garaad, Maxamuud Garaad and Baho Nugaaleed.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Theres Qayaad in Domo (Ethiopia) and Dharkeyne (the border).

Who lives in Ergavo and Kismayo, and roughly what petcentage of the population are they.

How about Widhwidh? Any significant DB populations in Bossaso, Garowe? Any big populations in places Im forgetting?
Before 91 erigavo was predominantly nalay ahmed after most relocated to las anod until recently in 07 they left:vanlf9a:
In the south you can find mix of all dhulos:nvjpqts:
Widhwidh,saaxdhere,kalabadhy=bah ararsame
@nucleus your grandma is from there isn't she:ftw9nwa:

Bohol

VIP
Naleeya Ahmed were never majority in Ceerigaabo they were always minority there your mistaking them with
Warsangeli who had large population there but moved to Badhan after the wars. Widhwidh is Barkhad not Baharsame.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Naleeya Ahmed were never majority in Ceerigaabo they were always minority there your mistaking them with
Warsangeli who had large population there but moved to Badhan after the wars. Widhwidh is Barkhad not Baharsame.
You probably right about widhwidh I always thought it was near saaxdhere looking at the map is not even in the same district:oh6b81q:
As for nalay ahmed Were you there to count them gtfo:dead:
Around 10,000 to 20,000 moved from there to las anod that tuulo population today is 40,000 use simple math:dead:
Fyi before you have a heart attack op was asking which dhulos sub clan was the majority there but leave it to you to make an argument where it doesn't exist:draketf:

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
@bandit 10,000 or 20,000 doesn't make
you a majority duh. Ceerigaabo district population is over
114,000 and of that 65% are Musa Ismaaciil, also the only
MP from Ceerigaabo city in 1960 february Somaliland
parliament was Gadhweyn . I agree lots of Naleye Ahmeds
did move to Sool after the wars but to say they were majority
is false.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
@bandit 10,000 or 20,000 doesn't make
you a majority duh. Ceerigaabo district population is over
114,000 and of that 65% are Musa Ismaaciil, also the only
MP from Ceerigaabo city in 1960 february Somaliland
parliament was Gadhweyn . I agree lots of Naleye Ahmeds
did move to Sool after the wars but to say they were majority
is false.
First there hasn't been clan counting done by anybody so this is all guess work no point in arguing about this.
Also if 10-20,000 were nalay ahmed then the place population numbers didn't drastically change post 91 is when population increased am assuming so before it was less than 40,000:damedamn:
Also reread my last comment especially the last part:francis:

Bohol

VIP
@bandit There was Somali census in 1970s that is what the UN population estimation is based on + population
growth percentage. Just because Siad Bare created problems in Ceerigaabo before didn't make you a majority.
He gave you fake self confidence which SNM took it away in 1989.

francis.png

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
@bandit There was Somali census in 1970s that is what the UN population estimation is based on + population
growth percentage. Just because Siad Bare created problems in Ceerigaabo before didn't make you a majority.
He gave you fake self confidence which SNM took it away in 1989.

francis.png
The same snm who were defeated by ugaryahan in damale xagar,bohol,God heli:ftw9nwa:
We all remember who cleansed you from sool and sanaag:ftw9nwa:
I also remember bohol becoming a military outpost for us from 88-91:ftw9nwa:

Bohol

VIP
@bandit If you defeated us in Bohol how come there is 0 Dhulos there today ? :comeon: Using the SNA Siad military cover to
attack us doesn't count as a defeat since today you are confined to Eastern Sool and Buhoodle village.

obamadatazz

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
@bandit If you defeated us in Bohol how come there is 0 Dhulos there today ? :comeon: Using the SNA Siad military cover to
attack us doesn't count as a defeat since today you are confined to Eastern Sool and Buhoodle village.

obamadatazz
we handed over in 91 after the peace
treaty in the north damale xagare happened in 91 after the regime collapsed and we won:ftw9nwa:

Bohol

VIP
If you won why did you flee Ceerigaabo, Jidali, Dararweyne and many countless other places? :chrisfreshhah:
You can't hand over something you were chased from and got karbashed. SNM massacred
hundreds of Dhulos in 1992 in Xudun never-mind in Bohol were our militia controlled. Peace
happened in 1993 not 1991 at-least in Sanaag. Peace kulaha
there was no peace in Sanaag until 1993, this is your folks getting
penetrated inside Xudun.

W1qak0P.png

:duckr:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
If you won why did you flee Ceerigaabo, Jidali, Dararweyne and many countless other places? :chrisfreshhah:
You can't hand over something you were chased from and got karbashed. SNM massacred
hundreds of Dhulos in 1992 in Xudun never-mind in Bohol were our militia controlled. Peace
happened in 1993 not 1991 at-least in Sanaag. Peace kulaha
there was no peace in Sanaag until 1993, this is your folks getting
penetrated inside Xudun.

W1qak0P.png

:duckr:
That was 88 not 91 when you sneaked attacked us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts