Deviant psuedo-scholar Yasir Qadhi wants to reform Islam and make it like Christianity and Judaism

I agree with him. the pseudo salafis with little understanding of the deen who have never studied in depth will say otherwise, the people who have studied fiqh and history of Islam will see there is always room for flexibility.
but let these Muslims backbite and make fun of yaasir, they are only exposing their true nature, I bet you 99% of these guys have studied an advanced but in arabic grammer, or fiqh, in their entire life.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
He is a guy with functioning brain and understanding of Islam. Islam had the law in the early days for those who were in Muslim camps in time of war, if you were in one military in time of war and you suddenly wanted to defect you had only one fate if your ex team caught you.

That law had a purpose at that time, but now it doesn't. There are many verses of the Quran give the right of freedom of faith, and we should not throw them out of the window for a law that was put for for a certain specific reason.

Hamzza

VIP
I agree with him. the pseudo salafis with little understanding of the deen who have never studied in depth will say otherwise, the people who have studied fiqh and history of Islam will see there is always room for flexibility.
but let these Muslims backbite and make fun of yaasir, they are only exposing their true nature, I bet you 99% of these guys have studied an advanced but in arabic grammer, or fiqh, in their entire life.
I am pretty sure most Orthodox scholars from the different sects of Islam whether it be Ashari, Sufi, Salafi or even the Shias have denounced this heresy. Deviating from the tenets of Islam and making hasty judgments to please your Kuffar overlords is not a deep understanding of fiqh. It's called فقه المنهزمين

As for you, I'll not be harsh to you. You seem to be confused and mentally not stable.

Hamzza

VIP
He is a guy with functioning brain and understanding of Islam. Islam had the law in the early days for those who were in Muslim camps in time of war, if you were in one military in time of war and you suddenly wanted to defect you had only one fate if your ex team caught you.

That law had a purpose at that time, but now it doesn't. There are many verses of the Quran give the right of freedom of faith, and we should not throw them out of the window for a law that was put for for a certain specific reason.
You don't know what you are talking about

@Hamzza what do you think about Umar ibnul khattab removing the had punishment for stealing due to the poverty of his people, was he changing the hudood of Allah?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Who died on what state?
my reply comments were on those individuals who weren't known to be Muslims and died, scholars in that regard said it is uncertain if that person was a Muslim or not. But if someone died as kaffir and we knew he was a kafirr then yes he'll have a long time having BBQs.

Although I usually agree with this take, the topic he is specifically talking about is a sensible law to reform.

The context of the apostasy law was that being a Muslim was akin to being a state citizen privy to sensitive information and militaristic strategies and logistical data.

People outside the Ummah legitimately wanted the Muslim dead in the time of the prophet. So the apostates were looked at like traitors or potential spies that were a threat.

That context doesn't really exist in the modern era anymore. And without that context, the rule itself would contradict the law in Quran that says that there is no compulsion in religion.

Hamzza

VIP
@Hamzza what do you think about Umar ibnul khattab removing the had punishment for stealing due to the poverty of his people, was he changing the hudood of Allah?
How can we know Umar ra suspended the implementation of Hudud in the year of famine? I asked you this question before and you deflected from it. Proof the Athar are rightfully attributed to Umar ra?

Now assuming this is true for the sake of the conversation, I don't see any problem with it and neither have the scholars. Sayiduna Umar would've been wrong if he cut the hand of the starving people who stole to survive for Allah allowed the person in need to feed on forbidden foods and the prophet ﷺ pardoned Ammar when Abu Jahl forced him to insult the prophet and praise pagan gods. All this would've constituted kufr and transgression of the Hudood of Allah in normal times.

How can you compare this to some compassionate Imams trying to reform Islam to please their Kuffar masters? Why do you think they want to reform certain parts of Islam like apostate laws, dispute the age of Aisha..... and not the others that are harmonious with the morals of the liberal West? Isn't it obvious that they want to fit Islam with the Western liberal standards? Change the age of Aisha so that the liberals will not say you follow a paedophile prophet... this is all to please kuffar.

How can you compare the judgment of a Sahabi like Umar ra who the prophet ﷺ said follow him after me to the weak and defeated assessment of Yasir Qadhi and his likes?

Although I usually agree with this take, the topic he is specifically talking about is a sensible law to reform.

The context of the apostasy law was that being a Muslim was akin to being a state citizen privy to sensitive information and militaristic strategies and logistical data.

People outside the Ummah legitimately wanted the Muslim dead in the time of the prophet. So the apostates were looked at like traitors or potential spies that were a threat.

That context doesn't really exist in the modern era anymore. And without that context, the rule itself would contradict the law in Quran that says that there is no compulsion in religion.

have you read this?

Trending